JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know how many times I have to post that my immediate concerns are local and the info I post is about Milwaukee, not the country.
Milwaukee had "a total of seven officers for three shifts"? In what year was this?

Can you point at data? What I can find is pretty mixed; and Milwaukee seems to have had quite the surge the last 3 years or so.

Violence HAS NOT decreased and early this morning, 9 were shot at a local park. While it's not as bad as Chicago, it's bad.
Actually: you are worse than Chicago (at least at any violence statistic I've looked at thusfar)
  • 2022 Homicide rate in Milwaukee was 37.99 / 100k
  • 2021 Homicide rate in Milwaukee was 34.46 / 100k
  • 2021 Homicide rate in Chicago was 29.66 / 100k
People often badly misunderstand things like crime rate as it relates to time or place. That there are concerted efforts to press misinformation to feed a narrative certainly exacerbates that misunderstanding.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Of course I'm not assuming that it explains his behaviour. I'm suggesting that it is a possibility. He wouldn't be the first. Hitler, after the July 1944 attempt on his life, comes to mind. And no, I am not suggesting - unlike JD Vance in a former incarnation - that Trump is comparable to Hitler.
Not all fascists' are Hitler; though his support of internment camps certainly has invited the comparison before. Still, it tends to derail conversations more than help them, so I'll join you in not making the comparison.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Not all fascists' are Hitler; though his support of internment camps certainly has invited the comparison before. Still, it tends to derail conversations more than help them, so I'll join you in not making the comparison.
Indeed. Gentile and Mussolini were the originators of the fascist ideology but are not referred to as Nazi. Nor is Franco, a fascist, said to be a Nazi.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I doubt that would accelerate Trump’s hair loss. :D

I don't know...he lost half of the dyed fuzz he had left during his conviction trial !

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Close between them and within margin of error.

I doubt that would accelerate Trump’s hair loss. :D
I doubt any of the polls between Kamala and Trump have been as comprehensive as Trump vs Biden, basically I think they’re worth at this point. Adding to that, how long has it been since a Republican won the National vote? It all comes down to swing states and we really don’t know anything yet.

Pretty much in agreement with you here

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just a general statement on our next president, the president after that and the rest of them for as long as America exists. As I’ve stated, I am conservative, but I’m not looking for a choirboy to be president whether it be from either party. This is an ugly world and you need someone who is a little criminal, devious and underhanded. It’s an ugly world, and there are a lot of people that want to kill us. We absolutely do not need an Eagle Scout running the show whoever that might be.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
This is an ugly world and you need someone who is a little criminal, devious and underhanded.
Corrupt. The word your looking for is "corrupt".

The sort of guy that would use his power for personal gain, who would put in lackeys instead of civil servants, who would corrupt the democratic process for personal gain.

You'll find no shortage of them, nor of countries ruled with an autocratic hand by them. They have stacked their supreme courts, ignored or rewritten their constitutions, engaged in massive disinformation, removed free elections, and staffed the government and positions of power with their loyalists.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
On the other hand, he may see his "miraculous" survival of the attempt on his life as a sign that he is destined to be victorious and will vanquish his enemies. Instead of being cowed, his massive ego was actually given a boost.
I've wondered about this. He's such a bizarre human it's hard to say.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just a general statement on our next president, the president after that and the rest of them for as long as America exists. As I’ve stated, I am conservative, but I’m not looking for a choirboy to be president whether it be from either party. This is an ugly world and you need someone who is a little criminal, devious and underhanded. It’s an ugly world, and there are a lot of people that want to kill us. We absolutely do not need an Eagle Scout running the show whoever that might be.
I'm a bit surprised by this, since you are an avowed Christian. Like it or not, the USA is the leader of the free world and should set an example for other democratic countries and those striving towards democracy. The image of an "imperfect vessel" - à la King Cyrus - that many right-wing Christians have projected onto Trump is just a salve to their consciences as they seek to resolve the cognitive dissonance of supporting someone who has proven himself to be the antithesis of a good Christian.

I'm not suggesting that the US needs a dewy-eyed babe-in-the-woods as president. You don't want another GW Bush who, upon meeting Putin, "... looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy,” Bush said. “I was able to get a sense of his soul.”

The president should be able to see the world as it is, with a sense of "realpolitik", but that does not absolve him/her from acting with decency and integrity. That should apply to any national leader of any country that sees itself as a liberal democracy.

Corrupt. The word your looking for is "corrupt".

The sort of guy that would use his power for personal gain, who would put in lackeys instead of civil servants, who would corrupt the democratic process for personal gain.

You'll find no shortage of them, nor of countries ruled with an autocratic hand by them. They have stacked their supreme courts, ignored or rewritten their constitutions, engaged in massive disinformation, removed free elections, and staffed the government and positions of power with their loyalists.
The word that comes to my mind is "Machiavellian".

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Shouldn't be too hard to find a full interview or speech from Harris. Don't let me or anyone else point you to specific source. Find 1-3 and watch them and judge for yourself. I do recommend watching the actual speech rather than snippets from a source that could hide or manufacture with editing.

I'm skeptical of the other poster's claim.
Yeah ... thx, Harris has been 100% invisible over here, but we will see now :)

highfigh

highfigh

On the other hand, he may see his "miraculous" survival of the attempt on his life as a sign that he is destined to be victorious and will vanquish his enemies. Instead of being cowed, his massive ego was actually given a boost.
If he starts to talk about being born or destined to be the leader by some divine power/entity, it'll be time for the big hook.

I don't know how someone can mentally prep themselves for something like this- I would have thought the first words would have been WTF?????

highfigh

highfigh

The problem is that you responded to my post about observations made at the RNC with a non sequitur about the good old days in Milwaukee.
That post was a reply to JerryLove, not you.

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah ... thx, Harris has been 100% invisible over here, but we will see now :)
VP doesn't usually have many responsibilities but she WAS appointed 'Border Czar' and aside from doing a drive-by visit, she has done absolutely nothing in that role.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
VP doesn't usually have many responsibilities but she WAS appointed 'Border Czar' and aside from doing a drive-by visit, she has done absolutely nothing in that role.
The assignment for Vice President Harris was to focus on what was happening south of the border in the countries from which migrants were coming. She was never actually named "Border Czar." That was a moniker coined by Republicans.

She secured more than $5 billion to address those root causes in Central America. Nearly a billion was targeted to the "Central America Forward" initiative, which developed the region's jobs and women's empowerment programs.

The Biden administration has deported or expelled nearly 4.5 million people, the highest for any single president since George W. Bush.

Harris has agreed with criticism that our immigration system is broken; she said in March, "We need to fix it." However, she points the blame at Senate Republicans, who were pushed by former President Donald Trump to kill a bipartisan border security deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis