Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Harris has agreed with criticism that our immigration system is broken; she said in March, "We need to fix it." However, she points the blame at Senate Republicans, who were pushed by former President Donald Trump to kill a bipartisan border security deal.
LOL, so in March 2024 she realizes the system is broken and it needs to be fixed. Most of us knew that long ago.

As for the blame on Republicans, you bet the Trump nuts wallow in it but don't forget it's an election year, why wasn't that border security deal drawn up 3 years prior ?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, so in March 2024 she realizes the system is broken and it needs to be fixed. Most of us knew that long ago.

As for the blame on Republicans, you bet the Trump nuts wallow in it but don't forget it's an election year, why wasn't that border security deal drawn up 3 years prior ?
The whole border deal is so out of wack. We had Bill Clinton in his 1995 state of the Union call for boarder control "In his 1995 State of the Union address, President Bill Clinton said: “All Americans … are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers.”

And Obama:
"When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders. Today, we have more agents and technology deployed to secure our southern border than at any time in our history. And over the past six years, illegal border crossings have been cut by more than half."
— President Obama, November 20, 2014

Trump couldn't fix it, Biden didn't fix it. I don't think any president or Congress can fix it.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The assignment for Vice President Harris was to focus on what was happening south of the border in the countries from which migrants were coming. She was never actually named "Border Czar." That was a moniker coined by Republicans.

She secured more than $5 billion to address those root causes in Central America. Nearly a billion was targeted to the "Central America Forward" initiative, which developed the region's jobs and women's empowerment programs.

The Biden administration has deported or expelled nearly 4.5 million people, the highest for any single president since George W. Bush.

Harris has agreed with criticism that our immigration system is broken; she said in March, "We need to fix it." However, she points the blame at Senate Republicans, who were pushed by former President Donald Trump to kill a bipartisan border security deal.
OK, so the word was mis-attributed, but she was appointed to stem the flow and deporting 4.5 million doesn't mean the flow was 'stemmed'.

$5 billion, eh? in four years, that wouldn't do a lot.

Regardless, our government is disfunctional and it needs to be fixed. Neither party wants to work with the other and both are placing party ahead of country.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The whole border deal is so out of wack. We had Bill Clinton in his 1995 state of the Union call for boarder control "In his 1995 State of the Union address, President Bill Clinton said: “All Americans … are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers.”

And Obama:
"When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders. Today, we have more agents and technology deployed to secure our southern border than at any time in our history. And over the past six years, illegal border crossings have been cut by more than half."

Trump couldn't fix it, Biden didn't fix it. I don't think any president or Congress can fix it.
It's like the war on drugs. There is no fixing the issue as long as there is demand. As long as the source countries of illegal migrants remain in dire economic, governance and climatic straits, there will be demand. Building a higher and wider wall on the border is a band-aid.

Trump bemoans lack of immigrants from majority-white countries to the US | Donald Trump | The Guardian
“And when I said, you know, ‘Why can’t we allow people to come in from nice countries,’ I’m trying to be nice. Nice countries, you know like Denmark, Switzerland? Do we have any people coming in from Denmark? How about Switzerland? How about Norway?”
The thing is, you can allow people in from those countries. There just isn't a big demand from them to immigrate to the US.

Don't get me wrong. I understand that refugees, asylum seekers and illegal immigration are a serious issue. But, you can't deport your way out of the problem. It's like trying to bail out a leaking boat. It's an issue in Canada, as well. The issue isn't quite as large here, simply because it's more difficult to get here.

Western Europe has the same problem. Russia is trying to make it worse.
Why Poland says Russia and Belarus are weaponizing migration to benefit Europe’s far-right | AP News
Finland proposes new law to stem migration from Russia | Reuters

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It's like the war on drugs. There is no fixing the issue as long as there is demand. As long as the source countries of illegal migrants remain in dire economic, governance and climatic straits, there will be demand. Building a higher and wider wall on the border is a band-aid.

Trump bemoans lack of immigrants from majority-white countries to the US | Donald Trump | The Guardian

The thing is, you can allow people in from those countries. There just isn't a big demand from them to immigrate to the US.

Don't get me wrong. I understand that refugees, asylum seekers and illegal immigration are a serious issue. But, you can't deport your way out of the problem. It's like trying to bail out a leaking boat. It's an issue in Canada, as well. The issue isn't quite as large here, simply because it's more difficult to get here.

Western Europe has the same problem. Russia is trying to make it worse.
Why Poland says Russia and Belarus are weaponizing migration to benefit Europe’s far-right | AP News
Finland proposes new law to stem migration from Russia | Reuters
So true, building walls only forces the people to look for other ways. IT fixes nothing. If these people want to get into this country and work, get a work visa, if they want to be citizens, come in legally and apply for citizenship. To be a citizen of the US
  • ) Lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
  • 2) You must be 18 years old.
  • 3) You must have resided for three months in the state where you will apply for U.S. citizenship.
  • 4) Continuous residency and physical presence in the U.S.
  • 5) You must be a person of good moral character
  • 6) and have $760 for the fee and of course you have to pass the test.
Illegals are just that illegals. For ex; If we from the US or any country went into Mexico illegally this is the crime "Simply put, illegal immigration is a felony under Mexican law. In fact, Article 123 of the General Law of Population mandates that “a penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five hundred thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.”

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
By this logic, you only realized it today since you made a statement today regarding it.

Why did the republican-led congress take 3 years to come up with that and then vote it down along party lines?

IDK. Biden sent The U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021, which includes added border security, in (obviously) 2021. Literally his first day in office. It was filibustered by republicans.

So given that the Biden administration was attempting to make changes to improve the situation starting literally their first day in office: what complaint are you raising in this post? That they didn't know (when they were attempting to improve day 1)? That they didn't do anything (when they submitted a bill day 1)?

You seem to have strong opinions regarding what Biden/Harris know or did about the border, but very little actual knowledge about what Biden/Harris know or did about the border.

Meanwhile, as someone who has mostly benefitted from immigrants by way of groceries and construction and GDP and lower crime: I'm far more concerned about the erosion of rights than border security.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
So true, building walls only forces the people to look for other ways.
"Other" ways?

How do you think most people residing illegally in the US actually entered the US? I'll give you a hint: It was by aircraft.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So true, building walls only forces the people to look for other ways. IT fixes nothing. If these people want to get into this country and work, get a work visa, if they want to be citizens, come in legally and apply for citizenship. To be a citizen of the US
  • ) Lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
  • 2) You must be 18 years old.
  • 3) You must have resided for three months in the state where you will apply for U.S. citizenship.
  • 4) Continuous residency and physical presence in the U.S.
  • 5) You must be a person of good moral character
  • 6) and have $760 for the fee and of course you have to pass the test.
Illegals are just that illegals. For ex; If we from the US or any country went into Mexico illegally this is the crime "Simply put, illegal immigration is a felony under Mexican law. In fact, Article 123 of the General Law of Population mandates that “a penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five hundred thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.”
While what you are saying may be true, how does any of it affect demand?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
OK, so the word was mis-attributed, but she was appointed to stem the flow and deporting 4.5 million doesn't mean the flow was 'stemmed'.
The low was during the Obama administration. Then Trump spiked higher than at any point since Bush. 2022 did break that.

I wonder if congress refusing to pass immigration and border security laws over the last 4 years has anything to do with it.

Regardless, our government is disfunctional and it needs to be fixed. Neither party wants to work with the other and both are placing party ahead of country.
That's not actually true. The left has remained willing to reach across the isle. The right has a stated obstructionist policy going back at least to Gingrich in the 1990s.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Like a parliament system? Need to change constitution. A party needs to reach 270 electoral votes.
It should be changed to prevent convicted felons running for president. How he's able to run after his convictions is simply mind boggling.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
On the other hand, he may see his "miraculous" survival of the attempt on his life as a sign that he is destined to be victorious and will vanquish his enemies. Instead of being cowed, his massive ego was actually given a boost.
Ego boosted like this usually end with the person making a fatal mistake later on. I know you know this already but Trump really ain't that smart. He WILL f?ck up

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Ego boosted like this usually end with the person making a fatal mistake later on. I know you know this already but Trump really ain't that smart. He WILL f?ck up
He has eff'd up many times, but it doesn't seem to matter. He's like the anti-Forrest Gump.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Better be sooner than later. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It should be changed to prevent convicted felons running for president. How he's able to run after his convictions is simply mind boggling.
Isn't it there now but SCOTUS gave the green light for him running?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And Obama:

And in spite of all this, economy grows, crops are harvested, hotel rooms cleaned, etc. How did Ronal Reagan solve the issue?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't it there now but SCOTUS gave the green light for him running?
Yes, but not for being a convicted felon. The attempts to throw Trump off the ballot was using the insurrection clause in the 14th amendment, which does not require a conviction in court.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis