No thoughts and prayers today?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Are you in favor of banning private gun sales?
No, but I think they should go through the same application process. Why should some be required to pass a background check and others, not? They're all trying to buy guns, right? If someone has nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a big deal, unless they're hard core "I don't want the gubmint in my business" or criminals. If private sales were required to go through this process AND the sellers adhered to it in the majority of cases, we'd have a lot less deaths from gunfire because it would include the illegal sales, but some of us know that the illegal sales will continue, regardless of any new laws. Oh, a few might re-think it, but the sales that occur in homes, back alleys, behind a bar, in a park, etc will still happen.

I'm not so paranoid that I'm positive the government will use the info against people, but I'm skeptical enough that I don't believe it could never happen if elected politicians drift farther to the Left.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
No, but I think they should go through the same application process. Why should some be required to pass a background check and others, not? They're all trying to buy guns, right? If someone has nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a big deal, unless they're hard core "I don't want the gubmint in my business" or criminals. If private sales were required to go through this process AND the sellers adhered to it in the majority of cases, we'd have a lot less deaths from gunfire because it would include the illegal sales, but some of us know that the illegal sales will continue, regardless of any new laws. Oh, a few might re-think it, but the sales that occur in homes, back alleys, behind a bar, in a park, etc will still happen.

I'm not so paranoid that I'm positive the government will use the info against people, but I'm skeptical enough that I don't believe it could never happen if elected politicians drift farther to the Left.
If I sell you my car and I don’t notify DMV and or my insurance company to take it out my name I am still the legal owner and libel for damages.
Why can’t gun laws be similar? You buy a gun and register it, you are tied to, and responsible for that gun. Don’t criminalize the gun, handling of it post sale. Chain of custody.
To the argument that bad guys ignore the law, they always will. Because some people don’t obey the speed limit we do not remove them and/or not police them.

Curious, if a mass shooting occurs and a civilian tries to kill the perpetrator but kills A bystander by mistake, what is the liability?

I mean, good intentions aside, what happens if I am shooting at the perpetrators and someone assumes I am the perp and kills me?

highfigh

highfigh

If I sell you my car and I don’t notify DMV and or my insurance company to take it out my name I am still the legal owner and libel for damages.
Why can’t gun laws be similar? You buy a gun and register it, you are tied to, and responsible for that gun. Don’t criminalize the gun, handling of it post sale. Chain of custody.
To the argument that bad guys ignore the law, they always will. Because some people don’t obey the speed limit we do not remove them and/or not police them.

Curious, if a mass shooting occurs and a civilian tries to kill the perpetrator but kills A bystander by mistake, what is the liability?

I mean, good intentions aside, what happens if I am shooting at the perpetrators and someone assumes I am the perp and kills me?
People who chronically disobey laws WRT driving lose their license, which is also supposed to remove the privilege. We all see how well that works.

Cars aren't supposed to be a weapon, so there's really no reason to fear the government taking them all away. An argument by people who don't like ANY government or as little as possible don't want the government to know where the guns are- kind of a moot point since an application is filled out and sent to the FBI along with the ability to track addresses when people move, but, well....

Questions need to be asked- it WILL stop some of the killing.

If you shoot someone while trying to stop a shooter, you WILL be sued, but there will also be an investigation as to whether they were shot intentionally, unintentionally or carelessly- the second could be a bullet passing through/grazing the shooter or ricocheting, the latter could be from squeezing a round off while running, waving the gun hand, or just not aiming. Expect a civil suit.

For the last question, the same would result, but that's the reason it's best that people pay attention and keep their eyes moving. In a large area or building, that becomes harder to manage- however, the sound of a handgun is so different from that of a rifle that it would be safer to shoot at someone with a rifle, if one is being used. Gun owners should leave theirs at home if they haven't been trained in tactical shooting.

I believe people should be allowed to protect themselves, but they need to be sensible about it. Hard to be if the adrenaline is rushing.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
People who chronically disobey laws WRT driving lose their license, which is also supposed to remove the privilege. We all see how well that works.

Cars aren't supposed to be a weapon, so there's really no reason to fear the government taking them all away. An argument by people who don't like ANY government or as little as possible don't want the government to know where the guns are- kind of a moot point since an application is filled out and sent to the FBI along with the ability to track addresses when people move, but, well....

Questions need to be asked- it WILL stop some of the killing.

If you shoot someone while trying to stop a shooter, you WILL be sued, but there will also be an investigation as to whether they were shot intentionally, unintentionally or carelessly- the second could be a bullet passing through/grazing the shooter or ricocheting, the latter could be from squeezing a round off while running, waving the gun hand, or just not aiming. Expect a civil suit.

For the last question, the same would result, but that's the reason it's best that people pay attention and keep their eyes moving. In a large area or building, that becomes harder to manage- however, the sound of a handgun is so different from that of a rifle that it would be safer to shoot at someone with a rifle, if one is being used. Gun owners should leave theirs at home if they haven't been trained in tactical shooting.

I believe people should be allowed to protect themselves, but they need to be sensible about it. Hard to be if the adrenaline is rushing.
Call me naive, but I don’t think people that are in favor of some gun control are in favor of the government confiscating private citizens legal arms.

highfigh

highfigh

Call me naive, but I don’t think people that are in favor of some gun control are in favor of the government confiscating private citizens legal arms.
I guess 'some' needs to be defined.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
In this case great idea! I also want to know why she didn’t wait for backup, and how fit for duty she is. I see a few female officers that I am sure would struggle in a fight with the average bad intentioned guy.

highfigh

highfigh

In this case great idea! I also want to know why she didn’t wait for backup, and how fit for duty she is. I see a few female officers that I am sure would struggle in a fight with the average bad intentioned guy.
I live in a small MKE suburb and we have one female officer who's pretty chunky- I bet she could bring it in a fight, but I doubt she could catch a runner. Doesn't seem the type to stop and say "Darn it, I broke a nail!".

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I believe that most police officers are willing to give the benefit of a doubt that the perp won't turn out to be an animal. That doesn't always work out on their favor. This is why cops tend to be prone to take a proactive stance at times.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This is the type of fecal matter police have to deal with every day.

"St. Louis, MO – St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner backed a city alderwoman’s declaration that St. Louis police are to blame for a deadly encounter with an armed drug dealer on Thursday.

The gunman, 28-year-old Cortez Shepherd, was fatally shot by police as he attempted to pull a gun out of his pocket during a fight with the officers, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported"

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/prosecutor-blames-cop-for-stopping-drug-dealer-who-pulled-gun-before-being-shot-50ESCnLfnEiPNfWIKmNDQA/?fbclid=IwAR3Wg7YzkzXwC1AZCy-V0UTvdBZDzEtMqo9wSbUpNm7kw6hnRxa99DJfKJc

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
This is the type of fecal matter police have to deal with every day.

"St. Louis, MO – St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner backed a city alderwoman’s declaration that St. Louis police are to blame for a deadly encounter with an armed drug dealer on Thursday.

The gunman, 28-year-old Cortez Shepherd, was fatally shot by police as he attempted to pull a gun out of his pocket during a fight with the officers, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported"

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/prosecutor-blames-cop-for-stopping-drug-dealer-who-pulled-gun-before-being-shot-50ESCnLfnEiPNfWIKmNDQA/?fbclid=IwAR3Wg7YzkzXwC1AZCy-V0UTvdBZDzEtMqo9wSbUpNm7kw6hnRxa99DJfKJc
No, that’s not every day fecal matter, that’s some special fecal matter!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis