No thoughts and prayers today?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
43 shot — 8 fatally — in Chicago Labor Day weekend shootings
Link

wonder why this doesn't make the news?
This doesn’t pose a threat for the “average” American. They don’t have a problem with gun violence in large metropolitan areas, especially in the hood. The violence is contained, and explainable. Not in my neighborhood.

“Mass” shootings attack the psyche of the general population because of the randomness of the act, location doesn’t fit, typical perpetrator usually looks nothing like the media driven profile of a criminal, and high body count relative to time.

So your tracking of body count in Chicago this weekend is not the same.

But as smart as you are, you know that.....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Would you consider the victims of these "random attacks" to be "average" Americans? If, why not?

"Mass shootings in 2018 killed 68 Americans and the mass media freaked out; ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS murdered 2,000 people – MSM silent"[/SIZE]

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2019/01/24/2-media-blackout-of-2018-murder-statistics-mass-shootings-68-victims-killed-by-illegals-2000-victims/
Cute, but the ”average American” is not and will never be a victim of any gun violence. At that point they become an outlier.

But ... you know that....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Cute, but the ”average American” is not and will never be a victim of any gun violence. At that point they become an outlier.

Considering how few gun deaths there are from mass shootings as opposed to all other gun related deaths, the mass shootings would be the "outliers". In all honesty, your response makes no sense at all. You're saying that once someone becomes the victim of gun violence they are no longer an average American? Why just gun violence? Why not strangulation, slashing, stabbing, and so forth?

You're saying the examples of crimes committed by illeagals I provided weren't random? They were targeted and/or planned? And they aren't average Americans? They were special?

Remember, you're the one that brought up "random" and "average".

...but you know that.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Considering how few gun deaths theer are from mass shootings as opposed to all other gun related deaths, the mass shootings would be the "outliers". In all honesty, your response makes no sense at all. You're saying that once someone becomes the victim of gun violence they are no longer an average American? Why just gun violence? Why not strangulation, slashing, stabbing, and so forth?
...but you know that.
I was using your example of gun deaths in Chicago.

But you know that.....

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I only use that tag line with you! You are a sharp guy. Not being Facetious.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I was using your example of gun deaths in Chicago.

But you know that.....
I didn't post the link about chicago here. Poster was noting that it wasn't considered as big news as a mas shooting with the same death count. I was merely noting that it appeared ONLY in the local newspaper, not the national tabloids.

...but I HOPE you knew that, Now, why do you think 2,000 deaths by illegals aren't considered newsworthy?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I didn't post the link about chicago here. Poster was noting that it wasn't considered as big news as a mas shooting with the same death count. I was merely noting that it appeared ONLY in the local newspaper, not the national tabloids.

...but I HOPE you knew that, Now, why do you think 2,000 deaths by illegals aren't considered newsworthy?
Quite newsworthy, usually depends on the agenda attached. If it supports ones agenda it is shouted from the mountain tops, if it doesn’t you may not hear about it.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Quite newsworthy, usually depends on the agenda attached. If it supports ones agenda it is shouted from the mountain tops, if it doesn’t you may not hear about it.
Thank you. You've just proven my point. The current liberal/MSM agenda is anti-gun. pro illegals.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Thank you. You've just proven my point. The current liberal/MSM agenda is anti-gun. pro illegals.
Your point didn’t need proving. You do a great job of that. But you seem to forget the blade cuts both ways.
But you know that...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This doesn’t pose a threat for the “average” American. They don’t have a problem with gun violence in large metropolitan areas, especially in the hood. The violence is contained, and explainable. Not in my neighborhood.

“Mass” shootings attack the psyche of the general population because of the randomness of the act, location doesn’t fit, typical perpetrator usually looks nothing like the media driven profile of a criminal, and high body count relative to time.

So your tracking of body count in Chicago this weekend is not the same.

But as smart as you are, you know that.....
These wouldn't be as harmful to peoples' psyche if the media didn't sensationalize them and pound them down our throat.

highfigh

highfigh

If shooting victims aren't 'average Americans', what are they? They're not usually celebrities, politicians, heads of state, astronauts, etc-they're just people. They may not be good people, but they may not have been involved in anything bad at the time.

highfigh

highfigh

More info about the Odessa shooter- he was denied a gun in 2014 because of mental illness and he bought the gun, privately.

Also, the woman in the road rage incident I linked- she was a WI Department of Corrections Sargent.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Ever watch the TV shows 'Cops', 'PD Live' or news from US cities? Enter 'Police Chase' in the YouTube search bar- you'll see why American cops shoot people.
I've seen a few episodes of such shows and I seem to remember that at least one of them has been running for decades. While such programs can be entertaining I'm sort of vary that they have been "dramatized" to attract the largest possible audience, so I do not put much stock into them as being representative.

You don't have the kind of people we do- they'll do anything to get away, for stupid reasons [my bold], and they're not going to go quietly. If necessary, they WILL shoot first, before the Police even catch them, during high speed chases.
So you claim this stupidity is uniquely American? You wrote that not me :D. I can assure you that people over here people are just as stupid, but the police here have better de-escalation techniques.

If you're a scholar of sociology and criminal justice, why have you missed the fact that this is all because some people don't care about laws?
As I wrote in the other post you are confusing me with what I quoted from the article.

highfigh

highfigh

I've seen a few episodes of such shows and I seem to remember that at least one of them has been running for decades. While such programs can be entertaining I'm sort of vary that they have been "dramatized" to attract the largest possible audience, so I do not put much stock into them as being representative.

So you claim this stupidity is uniquely American? You wrote that not me :D. I can assure you that people over here people are just as stupid, but the police here have better de-escalation techniques.

As I wrote in the other post you are confusing me with what I quoted from the article.
I responded to my mistaking that you wrote the comment in my last reply.

It's not only the stupidity, it's the blatant lack of respect for life. I have seen nothing that indicates an equivalent number of murders, errant/careless shooting and chases initiated by people whose main reason was that they didn't want to return to prison. Maybe the news just doesn't report it as rabidly.

If you google search 'violent criminals in_____' and put the name of most major US cities, you'll see far more than you expect, from local news stations rather than a show that is dramatized. Still, what happened is in the videos- do you think they pay people to let the police chase and tackle them? Car chases have gone through my neighborhood only 50 yards from my house at 5:30AM and in the area surrounding my neighborhood at all hours of the day & night. Police have searched in the subdivision where I live for people who were wanted for serious crimes and, while we don't have big money, it's a quiet peaceful place, except when some pinhead decides to come here to cause trouble or escape.

How often are your Police officers shot in the face by someone who rode to them on a bicycle? How about hiding in a hallway while being chased, then shooting the officer in the back of the head after he passed the shooter's position? We had a building inspector who was sitting in his car, waiting to go into a house when two turds walked up and killed him with a shotgun. How many times have the criminals in your area had more firepower than the police AND used it to their advantage?

If you don't know what criminals have done in the US, don't tell me the rest of the World is as bad, on average- I don't think it is. When people have so many freedoms, a small percentage will run amok but with >325 million in the US, the sheer numbers become more of a problem. If you can't understand that the problem is people, you're looking at it the wrong way- weapons are tools, nothing more. The fact that many use them so often is a people problem because they made the decisions leading to someone dying.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
More info about the Odessa shooter- he was denied a gun in 2014 because of mental illness and he bought the gun, privately.

Also, the woman in the road rage incident I linked- she was a WI Department of Corrections Sargent.
Are you in favor of banning private gun sales?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis