Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I always thought the NO Saints was a great name. It tied in the football team to the city and came with a ready team song. If they move, that name can't leave New Orleans.
I read that the team came close to being named the Pelicans cause it's the state bird. But Saints won out cause well, anyone who knows Louisiana history, we have Parishes not counties. So back in the day waaay back before Louisiana became a state, being owned by France, well Roman Catholic put a Catholic Church in every parish at the time well not all at once but over time of course. Anyone who has ever been to NO and the surrounding Parishes, will see Catholic Churches all over the place. Most of those Catholic churches are run by the deacons basically. Which by the way are corrupt and or has tires to organize crime. But but hey! You can sin all week, go get penance on Saturday. Go to church on Sunday receive the Eucharist and all is good.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I read that the team came close to being named the Pelicans cause it's the state bird. But Saints won out cause well, anyone who knows Louisiana history, we have Parishes not counties. So back in the day waaay back before Louisiana became a state, being on by France, will Romen Catholic put a Catholic Church in every parish at the time well not all at once but over time of course. Anyone who has ever been to NO and the surrounding Parishes, will see Catholic Church is all over the place. Most of those Catholic churches are run by the deacons basically. Which by the way are corrupt and or has tires to organize crime. But but hey! You can sin all week, go get penance on Saturday. Go to church on Sunday received the Eucharist and all is good.
Pelicans is not a name that strikes fear.

Granted, my wife's highschool team name was the Unicorns so there are worse options. Cliff Kingsbury went to her school way back when. Father in law is still friends with his dad. He told me it was kind of weird to be able to text an NFL coaches' Dad while watching the Cardinals.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah and we can pay them crap again while they bloody themselves and damage their brains! Real tough guy football again!
I watched a Jim Brown interview, he stated that the linebackers of the opposing team would yell out that they each got paid 100 bucks to break his legs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I watched a Jim Brown interview, he stated that the linebackers of the opposing team would yell out that they each got paid 100 bucks to break his legs.
Those were the guys who weren't racists, doubt the racists would need to be bribed in his era. One of the toughest guys ever for sure. I'd rather see safer football....it's just a game after all.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I read that the team came close to being named the Pelicans cause it's the state bird.
Try singing "When the Saints go marching in" with Pelicans instead of Saints. It falls apart fast.

Same problem with Commanders instead of R*dsk*ns when you sing "Hail to the R*dsk*ns". "Hail to the Groundhogs" could work. Of course, there's a small problem – no one is going to sing "Hail to" any team that can't win games.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Those were the guys who weren't racists, doubt the racists would need to be bribed in his era. One of the toughest guys ever for sure. I'd rather see safer football....it's just a game after all.
Totally agree Chris, game back than was very dangerous game to play. I can still remember to this day if my memory serves me right, a Detroit Lions defensive lineman being wheeled off the field of play on a flat. Ended up being paralyzed from the neck down. Racism is alive and well in sports today, does the name John Gruden ring a bell? What a piece of sh$t in my book.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Totally agree Chris, game back than was very dangerous game to play. I can still remember to this day if my memory serves me right, a Detroit Lions defensive lineman being wheeled off the field of play on a flat. Ended up being paralyzed from the neck down. Racism is alive and well in sports today, does the name John Gruden ring a bell? What a piece if sh$t my book.
I think of all those players that even the NFLPA didn't help with long term injuries. Let alone the whole CTE thing. Yeah the racist thing is a definite issue across the country, not just in sports....

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think of all those players that even the NFLPA didn't help with long term injuries. Let alone the whole CTE thing. Yeah the racist thing is a definite issue across the country, not just in sports....
I was told by a friend who use to live up in Chicago. That Vince Lombardi was a crime syndicate boss. Now is what my old friend said was true? Who knows, but the Mob was alive and kicking back than.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was told by a friend who use to live up in Chicago. That Vince Lombardi was a crime syndicate boss. Now is what my old friend said was true? Who knows, but the Mob was alive and kicking back than.
LOL never heard that one. I did live near the mob boss of Chicago when I was a kid (Sam Giancana, had a house a block and a half away). My friend Albert's father was one of his enforcers. It was fun going there on halloween, old man Giancana would entertain us from the bomb shelter below the house....but always had great treats.....

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
LOL never heard that one. I did live near the mob boss of Chicago when I was a kid (Sam Giancana, had a house a block and a half away). My friend Albert's father was one of his enforcers. It was fun going there on halloween, old man Giancana would entertain us from the bomb shelter below the house....but always had great treats.....
Umm, yeah knew a few of those also. Hell Carlos Marcello had every politician in Louisiana in his back pocket back then.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Yeah, we had some in the Bronx back in the day...They would sit on folding chairs outside the "social clubs" in Bermuda shirts smoking HUGE havanas. No boddy wuz eva robbed dere....

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, we had some in the Bronx back in the day...They would sit on folding chairs outside the "social clubs" in Bermuda shirts smoking HUGE havanas. No boddy wuz eva robbed dere....
You still up in NY? If so try and stay warm bro. I read you guys got hit hard with one of those winter bomb snow Strom's.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Bengals need to build up a big lead to put a lot of pressure on Stafford. Possibly he will make some mistakes. You don’t want a close game in the 4th against that defense. That’s easier said than done as the Rams have a great pass rush and Ramsey locks down his guy most of the time. They don’t give you a lot.

And on offense Cooper Kupp and Beckham both had over 100 yards each last weekend. Thinking I would love to see the Bengals win but it is not going to be easy for them.

Ultimately if the Rams win maybe their team gets too expensive to keep together and the other NFC teams would love to see that happen. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The Bengals need to build up a big lead to put a lot of pressure on Stafford. Possibly he will make some mistakes. You don’t want a close game in the 4th against that defense. That’s easier said than done as the Rams have a great pass rush and Ramsey locks down his guy most of the time. They don’t give you a lot.

And on offense Cooper Kupp and Beckham both had over 100 yards each last weekend. Thinking I would love to see the Bengals win but it is not going to be easy for them.

Ultimately if the Rams win maybe their team gets too expensive to keep together and the other NFC teams would love to see that happen. :)
The Rams have no cap space trades a lot of picks they went all in this season

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Same with the Saint's, way over the cap by 72 million. So next season is gonna be very painful for Saint's. They will have to let go a few of those high dollar players. They do have 6 out of their 7 picks next season. No head coach, no franchise quarterback, 72 mill over the cap. Gonna be some lean painful years.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
You still up in NY? If so try and stay warm bro. I read you guys got hit hard with one of those winter bomb snow Strom's.
Thanks! In the immediate area but get to the city often. We had a few days of 5 F that were shocking to city folk. Its nothing compared to the what happens in the North Central States. Ouch...

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Today, the WTF?! announced it will be named the Washington Commanders, as widely leaked & predicted.

That ruins what was a good team song. Singing 'Hail to the Commanders' doesn't scan.

I wondered if the Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps would complain about the use of the term Commander, a US Navy officer's rank. What's wrong with Lt. Colonel? However, a spokesman for the Dept. of the Navy registered unhappiness with the choice. The Navy prefers that the miserable excuse of a football team use any name other than a naval officer's rank.

Whatever their name, they remain a truly lousy football team.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Today, the WTF?! announced it will be named the Washington Commanders, as widely leaked & predicted.

That ruins what was a good team song. Singing 'Hail to the Commanders' doesn't scan.

I wondered if the Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps would complain about the use of the term Commander, a US Navy officer's rank. What's wrong with Lt. Colonel? However, a spokesman for the Dept. of the Navy registered unhappiness with the choice. The Navy prefers that the miserable excuse of a football team use any name other than a naval officer's rank.

We came up with better stuff than that. That name sucks. Just like they do. :eek:

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief

Should have been the Generals like the team the Harem Golbetrotters used to crush all the time. Their records are similar.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis