BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Now that I have waffled for 4 paragraphs...I'd look for a nice used Ferrari as you can get into them for about $20k. Yeah, your maintenance and repairs costs will totally suck compared to a Honda or Infinity, but it's a Ferrari. It's also mucho mucho less reliable. But it's looks cool in your garage even when it doesn't work.
DING DING DING! We have a winner!!
Unfortunately, the only under 20k Ferrari I could find is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-308-GTB/153206324069?hash=item23abcefb65:g:3rQAAOSw0c9btpix
Not a terrible option, but given it's A) a replica and B) Hawaii local pickup only does present some logistics challenges...

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
car of the year too
Changed my mind on that one now. Either motor trend or one of the others reported having their test car in the shop for 3/4 of the time. Said biggest issues are lack of certified techs and complete part failures. :(

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
We've owned two Mercedes, and I admit that I'm not a fan. But my wife is, big time, so we always end up test driving them. I haven't been in the AMG GLC.

I to have had many Mercedes with the wife a big fan but not I.

They were good for prestige, luxury and reliability (I had a blow out at 70 miles an hours, car never flinched) but they were never fun to drive.
What I did like was the R class they briefly brought to the States. Perfect for taking the kids to practice and games.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Changed my mind on that one now. Either motor trend or one of the others reported having their test car in the shop for 3/4 of the time. Said biggest issues are lack of certified techs and complete part failures. :(
I used to work with Italians and Fiat personnel. Fiat is also Alpha. They have great styling and the cars available in Europe would sell well here if they were reliable. Fiat has made gains, but they still struggle with doing business the Italian way. What that means is instead of selecting the supplier with the best price and the best quality, the one with the family connections is chosen. Same with decisions being made. So you end up with very stylish cars with subpar reliability. As much as I like the styling of the Alphas, I won't buy one because I need reliable transportation.

Our US division often struggled with deal with with FIAT. We kicked their ass in every single measured category, but they always looked down on us. Even though there would be clearly better, faster, and cheaper solutions, we would be forced to go with a connected Italian/European solution. Sucked ass.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
from what I've read in the news our next car will be public transportation (bus), taxi (Uber, Lyft). Private ownership of a car will be a thing of the past. :rolleyes:

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
from what I've read in the news our next car will be public transportation (bus), taxi (Uber, Lyft). Private ownership of a car will be a thing of the past. :rolleyes:
what communist country do you live in ?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If you're willing to consider Q5 or Jag money, in my shopping some months ago I found that the BMW X3 35i M-Sport was the best choice for me. Mine stickered for $55K custom-ordered, and it showed up at the dealer in less than three weeks over 1500 miles from the factory in South Carolina. 300hp turbo L6 with an 8-speed auto. IMO, the sport seats with the M-Sport model are the best in any SUV I tried.

Forget the Nav system on any vehicle. Google Maps or Waze beats them all.

The Q5 turbo-4 is a little weak.

I'm not a fan of Japanese things.
I think the Q5 is a suprisingly nimble SUV, especially for a 4 Banger. Audi to me are the best handling Japanese car on the market. I had the 14 A5 with the Sports Package and Tires and handled every bit as good as my 2010 335XI (nowhere near as fast though)

That being said, I went overboard this year, got the 2018 X3 M40I (List 70 Paid 63.5K) and it is by far the best handling SUV I have driven or owned. I also am a fan of the MDX/RDX by Acura.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I think the Q5 is a suprisingly nimble SUV, especially for a 4 Banger. Audi to me are the best handling Japanese car on the market. I had the 14 A5 with the Sports Package and Tires and handled every bit as good as my 2010 335XI (nowhere near as fast though)

That being said, I went overboard this year, got the 2018 X3 M40I (List 70 Paid 63.5K) and it is by far the best handling SUV I have driven or owned. I also am a fan of the MDX/RDX by Acura.
Confused, Audi Japanese?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
No way. Ford's pick-up truck business alone is bigger than Facebook. BMW's biggest plant in world is in SC. All of that demand isn't going away any time soon.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
My company gave me an F150 to drive to work, its a piece of crap. I would never spend my own money on one of these tings. But I agree, mass transit wont happen in our life time.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
My company gave me an F150 to drive to work, its a piece of crap. I would never spend my own money on one of these tings. But I agree, mass transit wont happen in our life time.
You should drive one the king ranch or platinum models. Definitely not a base ..

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I wasn't making a qualitative assessment. Ford's pick-up business is the #1 volume generator in the US.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow they must be pissed at you! Irv mentioned in the next post that ford basically has the lead in truck sales. This is amazing to me since a) it’s a Ford IE: junk, and b) it’s ugly AF!!! My mom always buys a new ford every couple years, and I always hate driving them. They just feel weird. Disconnected almost, and I hate their transmissions. My buddy bought an f-150 a couple years ago. I warned him all he was gonna do was fix that POS but he didn’t listen. So after about a year and a half of fixing it he finally dumped it. Wouldn’t mind an old F-100 though...

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Thats all they buy is ford. I will say, after 100,000 miles i've had no major problems mechanically, but its the little stuff that drives me insane. The front 2 brake rotors have each been replaced twice. I already blew 3 speakers and had to replace them with after markets, which sound way better! I've never blown a car speaker before. The doors rattle. Its way to bouncy in the rear and beats me to death at times. The radio some times defaults to AM radio when I start the car so I get this loud static to wake up to. The voice dial on bluetooth is a joke, half the time it wants to call the wrong person. Some times the auto roll down of the passenger window will suddenly stop and go back up. When the AC is on full speed it makes this whipping noise like theres a sticker inside the vent tubes thats coming undone and wacks around in there. The feet vents never fully close so your feet get freezing cold when the AC is on. Gas mileage is crap. Ever see one on a bumpy highway? Watch the bed, they bounce around in opposite directions of the cab. And to top it all off they bought black with black interior. Impossible to keep clean!

Probably missing something. Oh yeah, and the engine fan is crazy loud and runs all the dam time!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thats all they buy is ford. I will say, after 100,000 miles i've had no major problems mechanically, but its the little stuff that drives me insane. The front 2 brake rotors have each been replaced twice. I already blew 3 speakers and had to replace them with after markets, which sound way better! I've never blown a car speaker before. The doors rattle. Its way to bouncy in the rear and beats me to death at times. The radio some times defaults to AM radio when I start the car so I get this loud static to wake up to. The voice dial on bluetooth is a joke, half the time it wants to call the wrong person. Some times the auto roll down of the passenger window will suddenly stop and go back up. When the AC is on full speed it makes this whipping noise like theres a sticker inside the vent tubes thats coming undone and wacks around in there. The feet vents never fully close so your feet get freezing cold when the AC is on. Gas mileage is crap. Ever see one on a bumpy highway? Watch the bed, they bounce around in opposite directions of the cab. And to top it all off they bought black with black interior. Impossible to keep clean!

Probably missing something. Oh yeah, and the engine fan is crazy loud and runs all the dam time!
Gotta laugh...seems like plenty of reasons to buy more fords!!! Lol

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Interesting. I inherited a Chevy pickup when I bought my business. Hated it. Driver's seat wasn't centered with the steering wheel. Always felt weird driving it. Sold it.

Here are a couple of options I have found for you.

Ferrari F355 Auction Listing

Ferrari F430 Auction, currently less than $10k

Great all-weather vehicle, family friendly, neighbor friendly

Better for those living in flooded areas now

Just some ideas. Not sure how much help they will be. But it's always a good thing to be open minded and look at other options.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis