New Salk Veracity ST

Bigsurprise

Bigsurprise

Audiophyte
Howdy,

I've been slowly creating a small theater room since the pandemic and finally got some speakers for it. I made an account just to post this here because I've browsed countless threads here and on many other forums for advice, recommendations, and general information to make my decision and I wanted to give back to the community with some speaker pron.

I didn't get every photo I wanted while unboxing because I was just so excited to rip them out of there and listen to them!

You are looking at Salk Veracity ST in Curly Maple with dark walnut/orange dye, burst edges, gloss lacquer, front port, and upgraded Cardas Biwire binding posts.
Ordered 4/4/2020 and received 2/11/2021. Mind you I placed my order in the thick of lockdown and Salk was still shutdown; I believe wait times are usually shorter than this but I didn't mind since greatness takes time ;)

Full size photos can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HPm2VDdmL2aDEW7X6

SC-ST-16-maple-walnutorangeburst.jpg

SC-ST-16-maple-walnutorangeburst-cu.jpg
PXL_20210212_021347002.jpg
PXL_20210212_021411904.jpg
PXL_20210213_162757451.jpg
PXL_20210213_163614412.jpg
PXL_20210213_172414490.jpg
PXL_20210213_163806234.jpg
PXL_20210213_165619034.jpg
PXL_20210213_165633412.jpg

I am not the greatest photo taker, but these things are truly stunning in person. I am going to install some better lighting so these guys look great all the time. Thankfully the speakers sound amazing too! I am impressed with the horizontal dispersion since this room isn't very large. I don't have a sub, but the kick from these things is actually impressive considering it's just a couple 6" drivers per channel. I am listening to all my albums again because everything just got way more fun!

It's hard to choose just one speaker because there are so many amazing options out there and budgets are always a constraint. I'm now shopping for room treatments since the room is mostly bare bones. I'm looking at plush velvety drapes for the window and acoustic panels for some of the walls.

I'm using my PC as the source feeding a Marantz AV8805 into Audio-GD Master 2H monoblocks.

Bigsurprise

Bigsurprise

Audiophyte
More pics
PXL_20210213_165839502.MP.jpg
PXL_20210213_165648557.jpg
PXL_20210215_044008259.MP.jpg
PXL_20210215_044027353.jpg
PXL_20210213_171753200.jpg
PXL_20210213_171744247.jpg
PXL_20210213_194756414.MP.jpg
PXL_20210213_194743331.jpg
PXL_20210213_194525269.jpg

Sorry for the smudges on the amps and speakers. I was just so excited to take pictures hahahaha.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Congratulations on your new speakers! They look fantastic. You may very well be the only other person here on AH who owns Veracity STs. I bought mine in 2016. I had to wait about 2 months for them, and I suffered. So I wrote a long, mainly silly thread here on AH, about the wait.

You can see Jim Salk's photos of them on page 6 of that thread. The veneer is untinted ropey cherry, and Jim's photos were when they were new. Now they've darkened and look almost as red as yours. I really should take some pictures of them.

But my wait was nothing like yours. Enjoy! I have no doubt at all that you will love these speakers. What were your previous speakers? And what you're using to drive them?

Last edited:
Bigsurprise

Bigsurprise

Audiophyte
Thank you. The grain on yours is fantastic! Wood is such a beautiful, diverse material. Your posts have come up often as I was searching for all things Salk related lol. Lets see some fresh pics of your beauties.

This is my first set of real speakers. I use headphones(Sennheiser HD650) for most everything. I had a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 PC speakers but those have been relegated to garage speakers years ago.

I'm using my PC as the source feeding a Marantz AV8805 into Audio-GD Master 2H monoblocks.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed, beautiful. Congrats, @Bigsurprise ! BTW, even though I know them to really be audio jewelry, for some reason I really love Cardas binding posts.

@Swerd , I don't think I had ever seen your Veracitys before. Also very nice. Would love to see the more recent look of the aged coloring. :)

@Bruce53 , please link up your thread so our new friend here can see your recent bounty! :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just for kicks, here is my thread of the Salk-built Phil 3s:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Bruce53

You can insert a link in 2 ways. 1) Copy any desired URL and paste it directly in your response. 2) Type in some text, copy the desired URL, highlight the text, click on the Insert Link icon or hit Ctrl K,
1614636694384.png

and paste the URL into the top line in the resulting dialog box:
1614636947079.png

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Swerd , I don't think I had ever seen your Veracitys before. Also very nice. Would love to see the more recent look of the aged coloring.
OK, I'll do that. We will finally have some sunny days coming up this week. I'll take the time, move the speakers into some good lighting, and take some photos.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you. The grain on yours is fantastic! Wood is such a beautiful, diverse material. Your posts have come up often as I was searching for all things Salk related lol. Lets see some fresh pics of your beauties.

This is my first set of real speakers. I use headphones(Sennheiser HD650) for most everything. I had a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 PC speakers but those have been relegated to garage speakers years ago.

You're off to a hell of a start for your first big boy speakers! Go big or go home! Nice.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for your comments. I promise those photos soon.

Those Sennheiser headphones are good ones, but you now have some speakers that will be their rivals. I take it that the VSTs are the first speakers you've lived with that have transmission line bass (technically, mass loaded transmission line, and not tapered TL). You are in for some big surprises as you go through your music files.
Those amps are huge. At 500 watts (4 ohms), do you think they'll deliver enough power? ;)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Jim Salk sure does make some beautiful speakers! I'd have to keep a fine cloth close by, cause I'd always be touching them, LOL!
I heard some Songs a few years back and was very impressed. Congrats..

Bigsurprise

Bigsurprise

Audiophyte
Indeed, beautiful. Congrats, @Bigsurprise ! BTW, even though I know them to really be audio jewelry, for some reason I really love Cardas binding posts.
Lol same. I feel like it's the small details that complete the whole package. I think that's what makes Salk so desirable.

Those are beautiful! Congrats! Nice pics too.
You're off to a hell of a start for your first big boy speakers! Go big or go home! Nice.
Thank you. I tried to use my headphone knowledge to help me choose speakers I might like the most. Shopping for them was very fun!

Those Sennheiser headphones are good ones, but you now have some speakers that will be their rivals. I take it that the VSTs are the first speakers you've lived with that have transmission line bass (technically, mass loaded transmission line, and not tapered TL). You are in for some big surprises as you go through your music files.
Those amps are huge. At 500 watts (4 ohms), do you think they'll deliver enough power? ;)
Yep, my first transmission lines. I'm really enjoying them quite a bit. From my experience these are not small speakers, and they don't sound small. It's hard to walk away from them! I'm still getting used to them but I look forward to spending much time them! I've always wanted some nice mono blocks, and I wanted to make sure I did the Salk's justice. I don't think power will be a problem ;)

Jim Salk sure does make some beautiful speakers! I'd have to keep a fine cloth close by, cause I'd always be touching them, LOL!
I heard some Songs a few years back and was very impressed. Congrats..
That's a good idea. Everyone comes in and touches the first speaker on the left. I really don't blame them.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Howdy,

I've been slowly creating a small theater room since the pandemic and finally got some speakers for it. I made an account just to post this here because I've browsed countless threads here and on many other forums for advice, recommendations, and general information to make my decision and I wanted to give back to the community with some speaker pron.

I didn't get every photo I wanted while unboxing because I was just so excited to rip them out of there and listen to them!

You are looking at Salk Veracity ST in Curly Maple with dark walnut/orange dye, burst edges, gloss lacquer, front port, and upgraded Cardas Biwire binding posts.
Ordered 4/4/2020 and received 2/11/2021. Mind you I placed my order in the thick of lockdown and Salk was still shutdown; I believe wait times are usually shorter than this but I didn't mind since greatness takes time ;)

Full size photos can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HPm2VDdmL2aDEW7X6

View attachment 45254
View attachment 45255View attachment 45256View attachment 45257View attachment 45258View attachment 45259View attachment 45261View attachment 45260View attachment 45262View attachment 45263

I am not the greatest photo taker, but these things are truly stunning in person. I am going to install some better lighting so these guys look great all the time. Thankfully the speakers sound amazing too! I am impressed with the horizontal dispersion since this room isn't very large. I don't have a sub, but the kick from these things is actually impressive considering it's just a couple 6" drivers per channel. I am listening to all my albums again because everything just got way more fun!

It's hard to choose just one speaker because there are so many amazing options out there and budgets are always a constraint. I'm now shopping for room treatments since the room is mostly bare bones. I'm looking at plush velvety drapes for the window and acoustic panels for some of the walls.

Those are seriously beautiful speakers. In today's world of mass produced cookie cutter products, the quality of these really stands out. And, of course, the performance is undoubtedly outstanding as well.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Bigsurprise and @Bruce53

As self-appointed President for Life of the Dennis Murphy Fan-boy Club, I welcome you :). Congratulations on your new speakers. Thanks for those photos. In these pandemic days, we all need more pleasures like them.

After your 30-day return period ends, you will be introduced to the Secret Fan-boy Club Handshake, known only to owners of Salk or Philharmonic Audio speakers. Learn it, be proud of it, and keep it secret. But most of all, pay your dues for the 1st year's membership. I haven't received those checks yet ;).

Bigsurprise

Bigsurprise

Audiophyte
Those are seriously beautiful speakers. In today's world of mass produced cookie cutter products, the quality of these really stands out. And, of course, the performance is undoubtedly outstanding as well.
Thank you. I really feel mass produced cookie cutter products is part of what's ruining this world. Let's go back to the Victorian era where things were hand made and crafted from organic, non-synthetic materials! Rich woods and beautiful wallpapers and oh the architecture! The uniqueness and character was so nice, in contrast to today where everyone has the same iphone, lg oled, or tesla.
@Bigsurprise and @Bruce53

As self-appointed President for Life of the Dennis Murphy Fan-boy Club, I welcome you :). Congratulations on your new speakers. Thanks for those photos. In these pandemic days, we all need more pleasures like them.

After your 30-day return period ends, you will be introduced to the Secret Fan-boy Club Handshake, known only to owners of Salk or Philharmonic Audio speakers. Learn it, be proud of it, and keep it secret. But most of all, pay your dues for the 1st year's membership. I haven't received those checks yet ;).
Self-appointed lol thanks. It feels good knowing I'll learn the highly coveted handshake at last. I'm finally accepted!

Will toilet paper be an acceptable form of payment for the dues?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As promised. Front view, no grills. If you look for it, you can see the vertical rope pattern on the fronts. Hence the name ropey cherry.
Ropes 200.jpg

The back is fully veneered. The rear port and binding posts are standard.
Back 200.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis