rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Cool! I like that idea better than using macros on your remote (which can get out of wack sometimes, know what I mean?).

Who's screen did you buy?

Don't worry, you'll never run out of projects... You'll start tweaking things and doing little odds and ends around the room...and next thing you know you'll decide you need to repower and a set of amps will be on the way. ;) Juuuusstttt you wait... hahaha. But don't forget to stop and enjoy what you have in the mean time, sometimes we spend so much time, money and energy upgrading and tweaking that we forget to chill out, grab a brew and listen to some tunes. ;) It's the spaces inbetween that count in life!
Yes, I love my Harmony remote but the trigger is the way to go (if it works;)).

I bought the Elite Cinetension2. It was a blind purchase so I have no idea how it will look. Owner comments were pretty positive so I'm hopeful.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Let me know how you like it. Did you look at Da-Lite and Stewart? What made you decide on that screen?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Let me know how you like it. Did you look at Da-Lite and Stewart? What made you decide on that screen?
I looked on the net ... $775 delivered for a powered tension screen with built-in 12 volt trigger was a BIG factor;). I got such a great deal on the Mitsubishi HC4900 that spending more than that on the screen seemed upside down. Time will tell.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I installed the attic outlets, new Cinetension powered screen and the Mits HC4900 yesterday. Other than the HDMI cable being 5' too short (measure twice, cut once:eek:) everything is great. Very impressed with the HC4900. Watched Shrek3 last night and the picture (out of the box) was fantastic. An in-ceiling flush mount screen would have been nice but since the projector is exposed and it is a dedicate media room anyway, I thought this lower cost option would be good enough. The screen is 1.0 gain and seems fine with moderate ambient light in the room. This is all coming together nicely:D.
Some pics:

Also moved the subs to this midwall location, I call it Subwoofer Cove.

Last edited:
HiDefGuru

HiDefGuru

Junior Audioholic
Very nice. Is that a "LoveSac" or some other Beanbag in between the subs?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice. Is that a "LoveSac" or some other Beanbag in between the subs?
I'd say that was the insides osterizer seat. :D

rmk, how do you hide the wiring? or did you have cables run everywhere?

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

The only thing that room is missing is some paint on the walls!:D

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I'd say that was the insides osterizer seat. :D

rmk, how do you hide the wiring? or did you have cables run everywhere?
Lotsa cable in the floor and ceiling some in the walls. The new sub location is run along the base molding. I just bought a nice small diameter RCA sub cable from the Audioholics Store that I'm using there. If the subs stay there, I'll make it more permanent.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is a sweet setup! I'm jealous! Good idea for daytime and night time viewing. I wish my room didn't have so many limitations, or I'd consider doing something similar. :)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
WOW! You have a VERY good taste. Must sound amazing.
Thanks Rico, I have very conservative taste (getting old;)). It does sound very good but I just had a friend over to see the new projector and screen and he was really blown away by the 1080P image on a 106" screen. Showed him the HD-DVD version of Shrek III and he was speechless. Now this is a guy who runs a video production unit for a large corporation. He has always been impressed with my audio system but today is the first time he was wowed by the video. This little Mitsubishi HC4900 is a great bang for the buck projector. The Elite CineTension Screen is also a keeper. I really lucked out with this pair. :cool:

Rico

Rico

Audioholic
Thanks Rico, I have very conservative taste (getting old;)). It does sound very good but I just had a friend over to see the new projector and screen and he was really blown away by the 1080P image on a 106" screen. Showed him the HD-DVD version of Shrek III and he was speechless. Now this is a guy who runs a video production unit for a large corporation. He has always been impressed with my audio system but today is the first time he was wowed by the video. This little Mitsubishi HC4900 is a great bang for the buck projector. The Elite CineTension Screen is also a keeper. I really lucked out with this pair. :cool:
Awesome. I was about to get a PJ myself but ended up upgrading my audio gear. Again, congratulations on your project. I loved everything, even the beige on those walls (easier to change any decor/gear). :cool:

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Really nice space and gear you have there, I have always thought Revel is a really sweet spot for both music and movies without going broke, I bet it sounds fantastic!

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Once again, very nice!
Thanks Greg, I like your setup(s) too. That Mitsubishi Diamond is a very sweet display and was the one I was considering before I decided to go with the dual display (plasma/projector) config. Light control is essential in my situation (for the projector anyway) and I can see that would be an issue for you.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief

I have wanted to go with a 7.1 speaker config. for a while but the proximity to the right surround speaker was a problem. If I purchase another Revel Embrace pair the right Surround would be almost on top of the far right seating position. I decided to try Revel I-30 in-walls. I had used this as my CC in my old room config. and thought it did an adequate job there so surround duty would be relatively easy. The I-30 is LF capable with a 9' woofer, a 3.5" midrange and a 1" tweeter. The stated FR is 32Hz - 20kHz but I have the X-over set to 80Hz. After the first day of testing the in-walls seem perfect for my situation. I ran through several Demo DVD's with heavy actions sequences and the more enveloping sound of 7.1 is really noticeable. I also added a new 7 channel amp and it is contributing to the improved surround sound and overall system punch. Here are some pics:
Right Side
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/rmk_01/Axiom/P1000420.jpg
Left Side
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/rmk_01/Axiom/P1000419.jpg

Back View
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/rmk_01/Axiom/P1000417.jpg

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Here is the equipment cab with the new Axiom amp. The A1400-8 is small (but heavy), cool running and has kick a$$ power.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Finally some paint

This is perfect example of how things happen in our household. Friday evening I suggested to Karen that we paint the HT room. Saturday we go to Home Depot get all the supplies, by 1pm we are starting. By 8pm I am re-installing the surrounds and hooking the system up. By 9:30 we are watching the Eagles Live from Melbourne HD-DVD. Project inception to completion in less and 24hrs. It is amazing what two motivated (if not particularly talented) individuals can do. We used the new Greeguard Freshaire paint with no VOC’s so no fumes, quick dry and . Great stuff by the way but if you have young kids with sticky fingers on the walls skip it.
The room looks great, I didn’t realize how bland those beige walls looked until we had finished painting. Really a much more cozy and warm feel to the room with some darker paint on the walls. Here are some pics:

The flash kind of washes out the color

This one shows the color better

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis