billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
You mentioned over at AVS you where endeavoring to do this and you did. Wow those ultras are big. Thanks, Billy p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome, awesome, awesome...

What a bunch of fun that was; wish you guys lived in Texas because I would have liked to joined in. Let me know id you ever go the IB route, I may consider this myself.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the review! The Ultra is on my soon to own list (I plan to order one in the next week or so). Very good write up.

jagxtype

jagxtype

Audioholic
Mike, you have what three theatre's and you are jealous??? Besides, I only have two subs. :;)

Actually, the GR's have moved on although I have some MA Radius speakers in a small system in the family room. Still a big MA fan but the Revels are the new favorite.

@$3000 each... Jealous of the entire sytem :p Well done :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
thanks for sharing RMK ... no group pic of everybody? were there many forumers?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
thanks for sharing RMK ... no group pic of everybody? were there many forumers?
Hi Mike, no group pic:eek:. It was all Forum guys from several forums.

Really sorry about your flooding. I saw the pictures in your HT thread. I'll add to what others have said and suggest that you get professional assistance with the mold issue. On-going health risks with mold are very high.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Mike, no group pic:eek:. It was all Forum guys from several forums.

Really sorry about your flooding. I saw the pictures in your HT thread. I'll add to what others have said and suggest that you get professional assistance with the mold issue. On-going health risks with mold are very high.
i think all of the flooded items have been replaced. no problem now :)

wish I could have been to your GTG. there are no hobbyists here that share my "passion" for subs :(

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
i think all of the flooded items have been replaced. no problem now :)
Good to hear, you can't be too careful with mold.

wish I could have been to your GTG. there are no hobbyists here that share my "passion" for subs :(
I wish you could have made it too. What, only a 18 hour plane ride right?:p

I was in the same boat. Even though I have friends who have nice music/HT systems none of them are hobbists who purchased, installed or even configured their own gear. Take away their pre programed remote and they are dead in the water.
It was really fun to get together with guys who have similar interests.

J

JBthatsme

Enthusiast
looks great think thats the same couch as mine .... PAINT THE WALLS !!!!:D

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
looks great think thats the same couch as mine .... PAINT THE WALLS !!!!:D
:D:D Too busy upgrading to paint! The whole house is beige and there are so many large wall surfaces to consider, it is a low priority. I maintain it provides a neutral canvas for my decorating crazy SO to play with:p.

Just added new mains (Revel Ultima Studios) and have a new Ultima 2 Voice coming this week.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice and exotic looking! Did you sell the Fathoms?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Will the upgrades never cease? ... I hope not!

There I was was fat, dumb and happy with my new Revel Ultima mains and surrounds, then along comes a deal on the new Ultima2 Voice2 CC. How could I pass that up?:p. So, here is the front view with this true work of art CC in place. BTW, it sounds amazing!

Up close

Next up is video. I have a Mitsubishi HC4900 FP, new screen and some nice new cables from the Audioholics Store coming. Gotta support the site.;)

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Man that is a really nice seup you have there. I thought about doing something like this when we get a bigger house. I have a question though. Is there a way to have your cable box play threw the tv and say put down the screen and switch the cable box to play on the big screen. I quess what I'm asking is can yourun everything dvd, hd, bluray on both, not at the same time of course.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Rob, if you don't mind, how much are those fronts? i've never heard of that brand ... but then again, i'm no audiophile. just curious at what level those speakers are in terms of price.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Man that is a really nice seup you have there. I thought about doing something like this when we get a bigger house. I have a question though. Is there a way to have your cable box play threw the tv and say put down the screen and switch the cable box to play on the big screen. I quess what I'm asking is can yourun everything dvd, hd, bluray on both, not at the same time of course.
Thanks, to answer your question, that was the idea in getting the Integra DCT9.8. It has two HDMI (ver 1.3) outs and would allow any source to be used with either display. Due to some mysterious HDMI handshake issues, only the Plasma works this way:confused:. I have a new projector (with a more current HDMI ver) and new HDMI cable coming this weekend and hope this resolves the issue.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Rob, if you don't mind, how much are those fronts? i've never heard of that brand ... but then again, i'm no audiophile. just curious at what level those speakers are in terms of price.
They are Revel's top of the line speakers but the older Ultima version. The CC is the new Ultima2. In terms of price, MSLP for the Ultima Studios was $14- $15K for the pair. I paid a very small fraction of that number for the NIB Studios. Kal Rubinson did a nice review of the Studios in Stereophile back in 2000. If you interested here is a link. http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/302/

Last edited:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
They are Revel's top of the line speakers but the older Ultima version. The CC is the new Ultima2. In terms of price, MSLP for the Ultima Studios was $14- $15K for the pair. I paid a very small fraction of that number for the NIB Studios. Kal Rubinson did a nice review of the Studios in Stereophile back in 2000. If you interested here is a link. http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/302/
Sorry Mike, I was wrong about MSLP for the Studios. They were $13K/pair before being discontinued. The new Ultima2 Studio's are $16K:eek:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry Mike, I was wrong about MSLP for the Studios. They were $13K/pair before being discontinued. The new Ultima2 Studio's are $16K:eek:
still a lot of money! in the range of the 80XD series from B&W (sorry, this is the only audiophile brand I know)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis