mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
24 hours?! maybe you should come build my house :)

much much better color! and since you only need 24 hours to change your mind ...

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
24 hours?! maybe you should come build my house :)
Actually, you would want Karen for that job but since you are married now you already have a project manager.:p

much much better color! and since you only need 24 hours to change your mind ...
I am done with this room ... time to stop the trading,testing, tweaking and just enjoy it. As a recovering Audioholic, I'll take it one day at a time.:)

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Great Job!

Painting is not particularly fun and the prep work usually takes longer, when you do the job right.

Looks great and really makes the trim and doors pop now!!!

The acoustic panels almost disappear, as well.

My wife and I are getting started on the master bedroom. Company is always welcome!!!:D

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Painting is not particularly fun and the prep work usually takes longer, when you do the job right.

Looks great and really makes the trim and doors pop now!!!

The acoustic panels almost disappear, as well.

My wife and I are getting started on the master bedroom. Company is always welcome!!!:D
Thanks, it did turn out nice and the instant gratification of painting is cool but I'm afraid I have started something I will end up regretting. Outside of the HT room, this house has a lot of big beige walls:eek:;).

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Thanks, it did turn out nice and the instant gratification of painting is cool but I'm afraid I have started something I will end up regretting. Outside of the HT room, this house has a lot of big beige walls:eek:;).
Yeah, we did the living room, then the kitchen, then the adjoining dining room and formal living room. Now we are starting the upstairs with the master bedroom. I know exactly what you mean!!!!:eek:

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Very nice

That is one great looking set up. Your choice for the in walls looks spot on, a very classy and clean space you have designed there.
Question: was it a conscious (or permanent) decision to have both subs located in such close proximity to each other? Do you have any problems with cancellation at all?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
The Chukker;389465]That is one great looking set up. Your choice for the in walls looks spot on, a very classy and clean space you have designed there.
Thanks, it has been a long time coming and a lot of work but worth it:).

Question: was it a conscious (or permanent) decision to have both subs located in such close proximity to each other? Do you have any problems with cancellation at all?
Is was a semi-conscious, semi-permanent decision :D. But seriously, I wanted them co-located so that rather than cancellation, I get the 6db boost in SPL that co-location provides. JL allows you to setup multiple subs with one being the master where all of the phase, level and EQ settings for both subs are determined. The second sub is the slave and all of those controls are disabled so together they act as one sub. Velodyne has something similar for multiples of their DD subs.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
why are you still awake? looking for Gotham specs and dealers? ;)
It's only 11:49 here, whats the time in Manila?

I don't have the slightest desire for more sub woofage. We just watched War with Jet Lee on BR and the bass raised the roof:eek:. That new Axiom amp has given me so much headroom it makes it really fun to watch these action movies.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
3:15pm.

who said anything about more bass? we are talking about works of art here. :)

do you not agree that looking at beautiful things that produce sound affect greatly your listening experience?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
3:15pm.

who said anything about more bass? we are talking about works of art here. :)

do you not agree that looking at beautiful things that produce sound affect greatly your listening experience?
You're absolutely correct, I something like this in the HT room to ENHANCE my enjoyment:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
You're absolutely correct, I something like this in the HT room to ENHANCE my enjoyment:
errm. how about i give you a gotham or two if you give me that. :D

who gives a %^&* about audio when you can have that. :p

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Light Control

I saw a post on another forum regarding the Lutron Maestro IR remote control dimmer. Bought one at Home Depot yesterday and installed it last night. I imagine most of you with dedicated theaters included this in the design but my HT project was done so fast that I missed a few things light control being one of them. This IR dimmer is the best $40 I have spent in terms of cool features. I set it up on my Harmony 880 and it does a nice 10 second light fade when I fire off the watch a movie activity.

Screen Down

Couple more of the room

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Great equipment, well placed speakers, nice colors, very comfortable seating, and a real clean look. I particularly like the low profile AV credenza.

Don't feel bad, I overlooked the remote lighting switches myself, the first go round!!!

Congratulations!!! It must look and sound amazing.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Great equipment, well placed speakers, nice colors, very comfortable seating, and a real clean look. I particularly like the low profile AV credenza.

Don't feel bad, I overlooked the remote lighting switches myself, the first go round!!!

Congratulations!!! It must look and sound amazing.
Thanks Westcott, getting this room "right" has been a lot of fun and a real learning experience for me. The next project is to clean up the cabling mess that is hidden by the cabinet:eek:. I should have looked for a larger one as the Bello is full to capacity and a bit beyond. I have the following equipment stuffing it:

Tosh XA-2 HD DVD
Oppo 870H
Velo SMS-1
Comcast Moto HD DVR
Axiom A1400-8 (amp)
Panasonic BD-30 BR player
Integra DCT 9.8 SSP

All four sources are connected by a single HDMI cable and switched through the Integra. The SMS-1 has a composite connection to the Integra. The Plasma and projector are fed by HDMI as well (the Integra has dual HDMI outs). The amp is connected by 7 balanced cables. These were left over from my previous install and are too long causing much of my cable mess.

Last edited:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the compliments fellas. The system is really a source of enjoyment for my family and the AV Forums have been a big assist in helping me spend copious amounts of cash on AV equipment. Almost makes me nostalgic for the Bose Lifestyle12 days.:p

But seriously, we who love this stuff have something in common and it is nice to have a place to share experience and opinions.

On a system note, I have replaced the Axiom A1400-8 amp with a new Sunfire TGA 7400. IMO, the performance of these two amplifiers is very close. It was my long and positive history with Sunfire amps that was the deciding factor. Both amps have lots of instantaneous power with incredible dynamics. When combined the new 7.1 speaker configuration, the HT movie experience is incredibly immersive. I like it much better than 5.1

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis