New Anthem 15CH Atmos/DTS:X Pro MRX AV Receivers and AVM Processors

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Holly multichannel BATMAN, Anthem just dropped a gauntlet with their new 15CH Atmos/DTS:X IMAX Enhanced AV processors and receivers. These new products put Anthem on par with many of their competitors with respect to features and # of supported channels but with the beloved Anthem ARC Genesis room correction system and slick new web interface that let's you operate every function of the product even if it's in another room. What we really dig is the multiple independent subwoofer outputs, something we've been asking from them for years. Check these products out and let us know what you think.

image.jpg

Read: Anthem AVM Processors & MRX Receivers

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oooh! This is promising. Right now the HTP-1 is still the leader for my upgrade, but I’ve been curious about Anthem.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Got to have some real nice speakers to Justify those Processors. But if you do those do look good on paper.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Going live on our YT in 10 min if anyone wants to hop in and chat:

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I am already in discussion with regards to getting the MRX-740. The Yamaha that I have is so hard to set up that I am frustrated.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Interesting. Noticed from specs sheet that although they have DTS Virtual:X, no Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer in sight. Firmware update perhaps?

J

JKR1963

Audiophyte
I would be interested in the AVM-90 if it had AURO 3D. It is too bad they did not add that this time. Also, anything not coming with all inputs having full capability HDMI 2.1 inputs is a non starter for me.

Last edited:
E

Erod

Audioholic
Interesting. Noticed from specs sheet that although they have DTS Virtual:X, no Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer in sight. Firmware update perhaps?
Dolby Surround was in the current generation, and it's better with heights than the DTS version.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I meant Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization. It’s not Dolby Surround. DTS Virtual:X is not DTS Neural:X. The names don’t help their cause, though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
$3500 isn’t bad for a 7.2.6 (15CH?) Anthem AVP.

The Marantz AV7706 is 7.2.4 (street price probably $1900).
The Yamaha CX-A5200 is 7.2.4 (street price probably $1900).

But the AVM 70 is 7.2.6 for those who gotta have 6 Atmos ceiling speakers. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I would be interested in the AVM-90 if it had AURO 3D. It is too bad they did not add that this time. Also, anything not coming with all inputs having full capability HDMI 2.1 inputs is a non starter for me.
You’ll be waiting awhile....

JimmyTango

JimmyTango

Audioholic Intern
Simply not enough to force me to upgrade from my 720. I also wonder how much of the new features could be added to the X20 series via firmware, like the new web GUI.

Looks fantastic, though.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Simply not enough to force me to upgrade from my 720. I also wonder how much of the new features could be added to the X20 series via firmware, like the new web GUI.

Looks fantastic, though.
Update the firmware and report?

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Did you see the statement about why? The Panasonic chipset had serious hardware bugs. Yamaha Denon and Marantz were all bit by it and may have to be recalled to fix.

E

Erod

Audioholic
$3500 isn’t bad for a 7.2.6 (15CH?) Anthem AVP.

The Marantz AV7706 is 7.2.4 (street price probably $1900).
The Yamaha CX-A5200 is 7.2.4 (street price probably $1900).

But the AVM 70 is 7.2.6 for those who gotta have 6 Atmos ceiling speakers. :D
It's actually 9.2.6.

Anthem doesn't count the subs as separate channels. If you do, then the AVM70 is a 17-channel processor, and the AVM90 is a 19-channel processor.

I love my AVM60, and I want to support them with a purchase, but in a 13x19 room, I'm not sure front wides and top middles are worth it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's actually 9.2.6.

Anthem doesn't count the subs as separate channels. If you do, then the AVM70 is a 17-channel processor, and the AVM90 is a 19-channel processor.

I love my AVM60, and I want to support them with a purchase, but in a 13x19 room, I'm not sure front wides and top middles are worth it.
In a 13x19 room, which is probably bigger than most rooms, I wouldn't do more than 5.2.4. :D

I can see 9.2.6 for rooms that are 22x36 or longer with at least 3 rows of seats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis