Junior Audioholic
awsome set up you have there!!

im quite envious of your TV however :p

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
awsome set up you have there!!

im quite envious of your TV however :p
Thanks very much for the compliments! I have really been enjoying the set-up- especially since getting my new sub. I've had it for about 3 weeks now. :) The next step is getting a decent high def DVD player.

holden_stroker

holden_stroker

Junior Audioholic
Thanks very much for the compliments! I have really been enjoying the set-up- especially since getting my new sub. I've had it for about 3 weeks now. :) The next step is getting a decent high def DVD player.
ahh nice!

what kind of dvd player are you looking at? i wouldnt mind upgrading to a 5disc dvd changer, and replacing my 5 disc cd player with it, but for around $600 for a refurbished one, i really cant afford one at the moment!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
ahh nice!

what kind of dvd player are you looking at? i wouldnt mind upgrading to a 5disc dvd changer, and replacing my 5 disc cd player with it, but for around $600 for a refurbished one, i really cant afford one at the moment!
Well, I was considering HD-DVD, but now I'm probably going to get a BD player of some sort.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
ahh nice!

No one really makes a decent multi disc DVD player any more so I would suggest that you reconsider.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
latest sub placement shot 20 Hz tune

room response 110 Hz to 12 Hz with 15 Hz tune

So I've been experimenting with sub placement, and I've found this location to give me the flatest room response, and the best integration with my mains. The frequency plot is of the sub plus mains with the crossover at 50 Hz. I used to have it off the the right in my living room but had some major phase issues. This seems to give me the best sound so far. I like it alot. What surprised me initially was how much more output I got from the corner (about 4 dB more). This is good as it allowed me to lower the gain setting on the sub by about 2 nothches.

Please don't grill me on the exposed wire over the door way..I plan to hide it.:D

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Another angle of my Ultra. This is one sweet sounding subwoofer. So I've been trying to figure out why the driver is so reflective. It's actually made out of aerospace derived stitched foam-core/glass composite according to SVS. Very exotic and unique.

I have it over in the other corner now. It sounds much better compared to where I had it before.

Last edited:
davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Sweet rig. That sub looks hot. I like the spl meter on the coffee table...:D

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Sweet rig. That sub looks hot. I like the spl meter on the coffee table...:D

Thanks davidtwotrees! I think the wooden table/chest is acting a little bit like a bass trap for the lower frequencies in the 20-25 Hz region though (about 4 dB down) possibly. Running a room response check is showing a bit of a dip, but it's not huge. I may have to compare without the coffee table there, but it's sort of a moot point because my wife won't let me move it. :eek: I never imagined bass could sound so good! I'm truly addicted. :D

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Speaking of bass. Is there any computer program that can produce a custom tone. I mean, you can choose the frequency and the SPL?? That would be neat. Cuz I got that CD with a test tone that goes from 15 to 250 but it's gradual.

And is there a way to analyse a song and get the exact frequency of a bass note? Like how low it would go? I understand I would need a microphone plugged on my computer for that though. Heck, I don't even own a SPL meter yet :eek: Radio shack doesn't even carry them anymore.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking of bass. Is there any computer program that can produce a custom tone. I mean, you can choose the frequency and the SPL?? That would be neat. Cuz I got that CD with a test tone that goes from 15 to 250 but it's gradual.

And is there a way to analyse a song and get the exact frequency of a bass note? Like how low it would go? I understand I would need a microphone plugged on my computer for that though. Heck, I don't even own a SPL meter yet :eek: Radio shack doesn't even carry them anymore.

Yes, and yes

The first one can do what you want regarding your first paragraph and the second can do the second part. Both run on computers, and the first requires a laptop ideally (I think). I have been using them bot for fun, but have not been able to use the first one to it' sfull potential yet, but I am working on it. Both habe a bit of a "learning curve".

THe Spectrum laboratory will let you chart a waterfall of a song with your PC and you can see a graph of the frequencies.

Here is an example of a song I did (Bass Mekanik-Machine Melt):

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I have to say this, it is amazing how one new piece of audio equipment (sub) can rekindle one's interest in music! I feel like I have a completely new system with this thing. Bass is very addictive. And good bass is a great experience.:D I look forward to jamming everyday now (not since I was a kid).

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
:eek:Wow now thats a nice setup..very nice !!!
Thank you very much! It is a work in progress of course, with my desire to move into the HD arena, but I sure have been enjoying it.

I thought I would include a shot of the old system config I had just up to last August before getting the plasma set.

and this is the newest configuration (with a little wall color):

I have really been enjoying the new plasma set and subwoofer. I acquired the sub this past Christmas. Getting rid of that entertainment center really opened up the sound. I was quite amazed really. It was like getting a completely new and better set up (for free).

Last edited:
Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Thank you very much! It is a work in progress of course, with my desire to move into the HD arena, but I sure have been enjoying it.

I thought I would include a shot of the old system config I had just up to last August before getting the plasma set.

I have really been enjoying the new plasma set and subwoofer. I acquired the sub this past Christmas. Getting rid of that entertainment center really opened up the sound. I was quite amazed really. It was like getting a completely new and better set up (for free).
WOW! Love the new look! That old wall unit just didn't do your AV gear justice.;) Everything now including that beautiful new Plasma set, looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.:)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
WOW! Love the new look! That old wall unit just didn't do your AV gear justice.;) Everything now including that beautiful new Plasma set, looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.:)
Seth V-Man that's means alot coming from you, after seeing your fabulous av empire! One of these days I'll be getting a BD player so I can enjoy the HD movies. But even SD DVD looks good on the plasma set. The PB13-Ultra makes me smile every day...not sure if it makes my neighbors smile though..:p

Thanks!:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis