Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Mines simpler!

But seriously, I love the matching stands and cabinet.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That's very nice. Where does that PJ come into play?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
That's very nice. Where does that PJ come into play?
Thanks!
If you are referencing the TT, it is behind the closed door in the cabinet. I'll post a photo of it later. It is on a pull-out shelf behind the door.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Very clean and I love the low profile credenza. Enjoy!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Project TT exposed

Thanks gentlemen for the compliments! I have to say, it took me a while to find the right TV table (credenza). This one was good because if the color, height and the roll out shelves on the bottom. It's one solid peice of wood. The roll out shelves are quite stable. I plan to add a blu-ray HD DVD player sometime in the near future. Maybe some room treatments too.

Here is a shot of the TT exposed.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I have to say, it took me a while to find the right TV table (credenza). This one was good because if the color, height and the roll out shelves on the bottom.
Very nice and similar to the look I'm trying to achieve. My living room looks very similar - about 84" of wall and then the fireplace angled on the right like yours.

If you don't mind can I ask a few questions about the stand dimensions? I had one built but am doing it over because I'm not totally happy with my original dimensions. It will look very much like yours except it also has two small side compartments behind doors to the left and right of the 4 component shelves.

1. Width. I'm going for 64" so I have space on the sides for the speakers.
2. Height. My original version was 25.75" and I think that is maybe a tad too high. New one will be about 23" tall.
3. Width and Height of the component areas. I went overboard and made the top area 11" high and the bottom 8.5" high. Now thinking 8.5" for both is plenty as long as there is ventilation at the back.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice and similar to the look I'm trying to achieve. My living room looks very similar - about 84" of wall and then the fireplace angled on the right like yours.

If you don't mind can I ask a few questions about the stand dimensions? I had one built but am doing it over because I'm not totally happy with my original dimensions. It will look very much like yours except it also has two small side compartments behind doors to the left and right of the 4 component shelves.

1. Width. I'm going for 64" so I have space on the sides for the speakers.
2. Height. My original version was 25.75" and I think that is maybe a tad too high. New one will be about 23" tall.
3. Width and Height of the component areas. I went overboard and made the top area 11" high and the bottom 8.5" high. Now thinking 8.5" for both is plenty as long as there is ventilation at the back.

Sure and thanks!

Width=50"
Height (at legs)=25"
Top component areas are 6.5" by 22"
Bottom areas are 8.75" by 22"

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I was talking about this.

Thanks!
If you are referencing the TT, it is behind the closed door in the cabinet. I'll post a photo of it later. It is on a pull-out shelf behind the door.

Last edited:
D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Mines more complex:D thou I need a video projector to make ends meet with perfect transparency.

So how come you didn’t match your fronts as the (Polk Audio RT7) look the part and I can tell without looking they’ll blow the so called centre away.:p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Complex may be the right word.

Take a look at this system Dolby; you see it's nice, clean and practical.

Mines more complex:D thou I need a video projector to make ends meet with perfect transparency.

So how come you didn’t match your fronts as the (Polk Audio RT7) look the part and I can tell without looking they’ll blow the so called centre away.:p

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai

Wow! That's quite the wall of sound you have there! I bet it'll part your hair.

Actually, the CSi30 sounds very good with the RT7s. The sound blends nicely. The system does music and movies very well, but I want an SVSub!!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You have a nice system there. Now go get the SVS!

Wow! That's quite the wall of sound you have there! I bet it'll part your hair.

Actually, the CSi30 sounds very good with the RT7s. The sound blends nicely. The system does music and movies very well, but I want an SVSub!!!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
You have a nice system there. Now go get the SVS!

I do want one, but I'm torn between that or a Blu-Ray player (I've been eye balling the Sammy BD-P1200). My PSW-650 does okay, but I dream about trolling the depths with say a 13" PC-Ultra...As it is, I will probably get the Blu-Ray player. Decisions, decisions. ;)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I do want one, but I'm torn between that or a Blu-Ray player (I've been eye balling the Sammy BD-P1200). My PSW-650 does okay, but I dream about trolling the depths with say a 13" PC-Ultra...As it is, I will probably get the Blu-Ray player. Decisions, decisions. ;)
No point in having uncompressed sound in movies unless you have a sub that will shake your whole place ;). Go get a sub then get the BD player!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The biggest bang for the buck will be the sub. You will notice a slight to moderate improvement going from a decent DVD player to a Blu-Ray. You will notice a day and night difference going from an ok sub to a great sub.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The biggest bang for the buck will be the sub. You will notice a slight to moderate improvement going from a decent DVD player to a Blu-Ray. You will notice a day and night difference going from an ok sub to a great sub.

At this point I am looking at the PB13-Ultra. Boy it looks good on paper, almost like it could crack a brick wall. I have to save a bit more cash for it...If I can just wait...

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I have to make a comment regarding speaker placement. Since I've changed my system around from the old CRT tube set up with entertainment center, the sound is much, much better. It's literally like a different, and much better system. It's so much more open now. Placement is very, very important. The speakers are clearly "breathing" better. Put it this way, my wife even noticed, so that says something. I feel like revisiting all of my old audio recordings to see how they sound now. So by going to a better TV and changing up the speaker arrangement, the A/V experience in my living room so much more enjoyable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis