speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I know Energy may not be everyones cup of tea, but man the RC's do sound very good. The drivers are made of Kevlar and IMO with my current darkbackdrop it makes them stick out, but for the most part I keep the covers on(my son is just a bit to curious).;)

Anyways thanks again Phil and on a side note hows everything in regards to your Mother?:(
Best regards, Bill:)
Hey Bill, and thanks for asking about my Mom. She is hanging in there as best as she can. Been complaining a lot about pain. To be honest, my Mom is really not over the surgery she had. However, she will be starting her radiation treatment very soon. From there who really knows. They claim she may have to have chemo as well. Anyways, once again thank you so much for your concern my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jsrsolution

Audiophyte
hi

Hi,

I think i can help you in this case as i was also in your situation some time before. If was also looking for some cool gifts then i found this site & really this site if full of ideas of gifts. May be you can get something from here too.

Thanks

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Here are some pic's of my backyard patio. We've just recently finished the stamped concrete and we're now in the midst of completing our fence and I would like to add some outdoor speakers instead of cranking out the tunes from the living room.

Are rock speakers a gimmick or do they actually sound good or should I go with a more traditional outdoor speaker? My wife thinks they're soo.. cute but I'm rather sceptical?
Your thoughts would be welcomed...Bill:)
PS: Here is a link from the AH store in case your wondering what I'm talking about. http://store.audioholics.com/product/1478/27/emp-er8-rock-speaker---granite

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Whew...

I'm finally done....next time I'll hire someone;). Looked easy enough.....:eek:.

I hope the slideshow works.....

I would've posted this last night but I was beat!

Now I have to re-do my harmony ..:eek:

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks great, Bill! I imagine that it sounds just as fantastic. I was lucky enough to see it last night and was going to comment, but you pulled your post. The slideshow works great. I really like the pictures of the intermediate steps.

I will say that I liked it better before you added the slide transition, but that might be because it's early and the bright flash is too much for my tired eyes. :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Looks great, Bill! I imagine that it sounds just as fantastic. I was lucky enough to see it last night and was going to comment, but you pulled your post. The slideshow works great. I really like the pictures of the intermediate steps.

I will say that I liked it better before you added the slide transition, but that might be because it's early and the bright flash is too much for my tired eyes. :D
Good morning Adam and thanks. I can't believe you saw it last night....:eek:. I pulled it because it was already past midnight and I didn't know if it would work. One thing for certain anytime you undertake a home project like this its so easy to underestimate how easy it appears. BTW...how long do you run your display while using the burn in disc?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good morning Adam and thanks. I can't believe you saw it last night....:eek:.
Good morning, Bill. If I had more of a life, maybe I wouldn't have seen it. :eek: :D

BTW...how long do you run your display while using the burn in disc?
I would normally run the break-in images while walking the pooch, so something like an hour, probably. I think that at least once I had them running for about three hours because the TV shut itself off. I think that the estimates are 100-200 hours for break-in, and I know that I didn't run the images that long. I'll still throw them on from time to time, but I wasn't very religious about doing it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was kind of hoping for some pic's, Billy. I guess I'll just go back to cleaning my guns. :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Lmao...^^^

Just recently, I sold my Energy RC's and I've replaced them Axiom M22 & M2 in/on-walls. I received a shippment notice today so they're on their way....woo hoo:D. I'll try and post some pic's of the WIP because we are in the process of installing hardwood floors throughout the house so things will be upside down here for a bit. I'll also look into buying some new towers for music only but that will be sometime down the road after all the dust has settled!

Thanks, Bill...:)

PS: Hey Alex, cleaned up those guns...yet?:p:D:)

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Speakers to audition list: Budget < $ 2500.00 cdn

1. Paradigm> Studio 60’s & 100’s
2. Psb> Imagine T
3. Jm labs> Focal Chorus 700’s 800’s
4. Totem> Sttaf, Hawk
5. Kef> Q’s & XQ’s
6. Considering DIY but paying some one..lol?
7. ID> Salk Sound ST & Aperion GVT..?

This will be used only for 2.0 ch set up that I’m contemplating piecing together over the next little while. I’ll first start with the speakers as I’ve already done some research and homework. The Paradigm and PSB’s are nearby and I will compare them directly another dealer carries the Totem & PSB’s. I’ve also located separate dealers for others (KEF & the Focals) and I’ll look into making appointments for auditions in due time. I know one thing this next speaker purchase will not be a knee jerk reaction but well thought-out executed plan.

Wish me luck and I’ll post some of my findings…

Regards, Bill

btw here are some new pics of my Axiom in/onwalls which will replaced my Energy RC's30 for my home theather...

Btw: I decided on the regular black ash finish....

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I tried the on wall solution for a while. I wanted my space and let form preside over function. It was pretty cool but then I just completely gave in to function over form and got the bigger 360's to replace my 250's. :rolleyes:

I guess it's all about trying out different stuff. Were you able to find anybody to let you audition the Salks around TO? I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of that variety. It's a big job listening to all those speakers. I want to recommend that you download and use that Harman 'How to Listen' software. It's good stuff and it will demonstrate that your ears can be effective tools in speaker evaluation.

Good luck with the search. Don't forget the Def Tech 7002's if you can find them. :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Speakers to audition list: Budget < $ 2500.00 cdn

1. Paradigm> Studio 60’s & 100’s
2. Psb> Imagine T
3. Jm labs> Focal Chorus 700’s 800’s
4. Totem> Sttaf, Hawk
5. Kef> Q’s & XQ’s
6. Considering DIY but paying some one..lol?
7. ID> Salk Sound ST & Aperion GVT..?
I have heard #3 from a few years ago, and I was unhappy with them. Regarding #6, I am sure Mr. Funk can build you something? Whether it's his design, a different design already created by someone else, or in fact a new design just for you if you have the desired ideas/concepts that could be the specific goals within your specified budget limit?

Last edited by a moderator:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I have heard #3 from a few years ago, and I was unhappy with them. Regarding #6, I am sure Mr. Funk can build you something? Whether it's his design, a different design already created by someone else, or in fact a new design just for you if you have the desired ideas/concepts that could be the specific goals within your specified budget limit?
Hum...the next step up in the Focal line are the Electra and they're way outta my price range...:(. I might still give them(the chorus line) a listen...though:). I've contacted funkywaves about building some DIY kits or even one of his own design but I'm not going to make a hasty decision ....yet! Sure, I'm working with a decent decent budget but I really want to experience auditioning several kinds of speakers, but the Imagine T's retail ~2400.00 here and that is before taxes....:mad:.

Fwiw...if all of these speaker brands underwhelm me than I will likely go the ID or DIY route...:).

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hey gents...been kinda busy around here the last few weeks doing some home re modeling. We've replaced our carpets with HW floors and I changed over to inwall speakers ...so I needed to rewire my entire HT and later repaint the entire main floor. I haven't been able to get the needed help to hook up my TV(maybe this wkend) but I've recalibrated my set up and thing do pretty good but HW floors reflections can be problematic and still a work in progress. Heh....I hope once my tv is inplace it could help reduce some of those reflections....otherwise....:eek:.

Anyways here are some pics>
before....

and after....

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Looking good. I'd love to get rid of the carpeting and install hardwood flooring but I'm cheap, poor, and lazy :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Looking good. I'd love to get rid of the carpeting and install hardwood flooring but I'm cheap, poor, and lazy :D
We could have saved some money by DIY but they(pro installers) completed in 2 days what would've taken me 2 weeks...:D. Besides I had to do everything else which was hard enough... :eek:.
Btw...trying to compare the new speakers to my RC30's is kind of difficult because my room is now completely different but they do sound pretty good and provide me with the look I was seeking...:)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like my Sierra 1's will be shipping out later today...received an email from Dave @ Ascend this morning...woo hooo:D. I'll likely set them up in my H/T room near my Axioms and I'll use my AVR in a zone 2 setup. The yammy will be a short term fix as I'll be shopping around for an ext. amp. I've also looked into integrated amps and buying new(budget will be ~1000.00) this should give me the flexiblity... I'll need down the road.

Another thing of note next Thursday(June 16th) I'll be attending a local GTG with a couple of gent's from the Avs froum. We'll be setting up our subs and doing some testing....In the mix curently we have a pb13u, dual Hsu VTF15's and my sub(sure hope it holds up...:eek:). One of the members(pbc)was trying to sway some others into coming so we'll shall see... but it should be a blast!:)

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Bring lube. :D
Okay...what brands would you suggest...:p.

Btw I have my eye on a Anthem MCA20 on canuck audio mart...I feel its priced to high(750.00) w/o warranty 7 yrs old? If I could knock off some off that price I might risk it..however, I'm just not crazy about buying used.

Advice....?

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
Looks like you have some nice gear there. Like your set up looks nice and clean.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis