My First Concert- What was Yours?

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Oh Yeah. ELP at the Anaheim Convention Center 1974. I found out later that was where the live album was recorded. Welcome Back My Friends. I met Keith Emerson there a few years back at the NAMM show and told him that's where it was recorded. He didn't know either. It's not stated on the album. I found out when I was on facebook with ELP's musicologist. But a great show for 3 dudes.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Jim Morrison was born in the city I live in now

What does Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendricks have in common

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
A show I’d really like to see is Del McCoury. I started listening to bluegrass a couple years ago but I’ve never seen any of the “name” artists live. I’m not sure how much longer Del will be performing.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Last show I saw was my son in their Bob Seger tribute band this year. And before that my brother's wife had tickets to Sergio Mendez that she couldn't got to, so we went. Not my regular one I would go to, but to lead a band at 80 and stand and play keys standing the whole time- Wow. But last year I finally saw Steely Dan and it was at the Hollywood Bowl. Now that was really fun.

Tulonarinchu

Tulonarinchu

Audiophyte
Wow, that must have been an incredible lineup! The Merry Go Round, The Doors, and Jefferson Airplane, all in one show during the Summer of '67. Those bands are legendary, and it sounds like an unforgettable experience that sparked your love for music.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Wow, that must have been an incredible lineup! The Merry Go Round, The Doors, and Jefferson Airplane, all in one show during the Summer of '67. Those bands are legendary, and it sounds like an unforgettable experience that sparked your love for music.
So true. It sparked mine and now my boys are into it too.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Montrose with The red rocker Sammy Hagar on vocals opened for Black Sabbath on their Technical Ecstasy tour. the last one before Ozzy got thrown out of the band for being too Ozzy. The crowd broke open the doors and stampeded in. Ended up on the floor center stage up against the barricade with the ticket still in my hand. Circus seating back then. Still amazed no one was trampled. Ozzy came out with a laser cannon in his hands for the encore. I passed out from the heat and crush of bodies up against the barricade. Hooked for life.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Nov 22, 1968, In Jacksonville, Jimi Hendrix Experience / Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys at the Jacksonville Coliseum.
Then July 3-5 1970, Atlanta Pop Festival at the Middle Ga Raceway in Byron Ga. So many acts

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Montrose with The red rocker Sammy Hagar on vocals opened for Black Sabbath on their Technical Ecstasy tour. the last one before Ozzy got thrown out of the band for being too Ozzy. The crowd broke open the doors and stampeded in. Ended up on the floor center stage up against the barricade with the ticket still in my hand. Circus seating back then. Still amazed no one was trampled. Ozzy came out with a laser cannon in his hands for the encore. I passed out from the heat and crush of bodies up against the barricade. Hooked for life.
Saw Montrose with Sammy too. Great band. Long Beach Arena.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Nov 22, 1968, In Jacksonville, Jimi Hendrix Experience / Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys at the Jacksonville Coliseum.
Then July 3-5 1970, Atlanta Pop Festival at the Middle Ga Raceway in Byron Ga. So many acts
Wow. Never saw Hendrix. And the Atlanta Pop Festival had a lot of great bands. I used to have that album.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
My first concert was a double bill of the Beach Boys and Paul Revere & The Raiders! Quite an experience, and it led to a life long love of music, and going to concerts. Not to mention a major addiction to Audio gear.

I just saw Kansas a week or so back on their 50th anniversary tour. My wife was miffed I didn't take her to Ed Sheeran again this month until I explained he was in the 65,000+ BC Place Stadium (he set a record for most folks squeezed into it!). She agrees we don't go to see anyone in that Barn even if they say the sound is much improved. We like smaller venues for sure.

Next up is the Doobie Brothers on October 28th.

P

Phil J N.Z.

Junior Audioholic
Am going to show my age now, mine was in Liverpool UK back in the 1960s it was at the Empire theatre with a new band rocking up the charts called The Beatles, biggest thing was you could not hear them for all the girls screaming, put me off going to live shows for years until much later on in life.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
My first concert was a double bill of the Beach Boys and Paul Revere & The Raiders! Quite an experience, and it led to a life long love of music, and going to concerts. Not to mention a major addiction to Audio gear.

I just saw Kansas a week or so back on their 50th anniversary tour. My wife was miffed I didn't take her to Ed Sheeran again this month until I explained he was in the 65,000+ BC Place Stadium (he set a record for most folks squeezed into it!). She agrees we don't go to see anyone in that Barn even if they say the sound is much improved. We like smaller venues for sure.

Next up is the Doobie Brothers on October 28th.
Very cool. Saw Kansas last with Yes in the 90s. Doobs in the early 80s. 50 years wow.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis