P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok thx, I’ll let you know how this goes. Off topic but do you have a projector? I’ve been debating
No, a 65" TV is big enough for my 12 X 19 room. I am sure lots of people here have them and there must be many posts/threads on related topics already, may be a good idea to do a search before you start another thread on it.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Ok, I’ve made the changes but I’m having trouble getting it from laptop back to my iPhone. For some reason it saved with the internet symbol, idk if I hit something I shouldn’t have

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I noticed copy/paste did not do the icon justice so I printed it in pdf and then capture the image below for you:

1601397232221.png

If you can make it to work follow the instructions above, then I supposed you can try doing it via cloud instead. Once the file is in the cloud, you should be able to move it back and forth, or even email it to the iphone and then when you download it you should be able to select the MultEQ folder as the destination right?

I no longer have an iphone to try as I gave it up a few years ago.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I noticed copy/paste did not do the icon justice so I printed it in pdf and then capture the image below for you:

View attachment 40316

If you can make it to work follow the instructions above, then I supposed you can try doing it via cloud instead. Once the file is in the cloud, you should be able to move it back and forth, or even email it to the iphone and then when you download it you should be able to select the MultEQ folder as the destination right?

I no longer have an iphone to try as I gave it up a few years ago.
I got it from my phone to computer and made the cuts. It’s getting it from computer back to my phone/multi eq app. I some how deleted my last audyssey run I did on app so I’m running audyssey again now on app

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Is there a way to take a curve made with the AVR and get that out to a phone for editing?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Is there a way to take a curve made with the AVR and get that out to a phone for editing?
You need to get the multi eq app if you have a denon avr or a marantz avr to make any changes to a curve. I’ve been messing with it last two days. If you get the app, run audyssey through the app and then you have to transfer that audyssey run into ratbuddyssey. In ratbuddyssey you can change the audyssey curve you ran to make any cuts/boosts where it’s needed. Also if you have the multi eq app it’s a pain trying to use your finger to create a new curve. Peng has posted a lot of good info on here helping me, Pogre also. I still haven’t got it figured out yet.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You need to get the multi eq app if you have a denon avr or a marantz avr to make any changes to a curve. I’ve been messing with it last two days. If you get the app, run audyssey through the app and then you have to transfer that audyssey run into ratbuddyssey. In ratbuddyssey you can change the audyssey curve you ran to make any cuts/boosts where it’s needed. Also if you have the multi eq app it’s a pain trying to use your finger to create a new curve. Peng has posted a lot of good info on here helping me, Pogre also. I still haven’t got it figured out yet.
Yeah, my issue is that the app doesn't quite work for me. If I run Audyssey through it it tells me that my left speaker is 0 feet away and has no curve for it. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to get a curve from the AVR out to the phone for editing in the app.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, my issue is that the app doesn't quite work for me. If I run Audyssey through it it tells me that my left speaker is 0 feet away and has no curve for it. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to get a curve from the AVR out to the phone for editing in the app.
That’s odd, wth. I’m sure someone on here can help you with what’s going on with the app if you haven’t asked already. I know I was having a issue with my rear sub distance in the app. Rear sub is behind my seats and about 5ft away, the app kept saying it was almost 12ft away. I ended up switching my sub cable to sub1 output on avr and my front subs to sub2 and it fixed it. Prime time guy helped with that.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The stuff PENG suggested didn't work for getting the app to work, huh?

Just outa curiosity, did you try moving the speakers at all? Switching them? Battery test for polarity confirmation?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The stuff PENG suggested didn't work for getting the app to work, huh?

Just outa curiosity, did you try moving the speakers at all? Switching them? Battery test for polarity confirmation?
I didn't move them much because running Audyssey through the AVR gets the distances right.

I haven't actually had a chance to try it through the app again. I'm on overnights this week, so I'm mostly sleeping during the days and the wife hates the audyssey bloops, so I need to wait until I'm awake and she's out of the house. lol

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't move them much because running Audyssey through the AVR gets the distances right.

I haven't actually had a chance to try it through the app again. I'm on overnights this week, so I'm mostly sleeping during the days and the wife hates the audyssey bloops, so I need to wait until I'm awake and she's out of the house. lol
What device are you using to run the App again? I have never seen any post about the issue that you are having, that is really weird and I suspect there is a very simple reason. Was the left speaker missing distance and curve on the App itself or its there but no in the AVR?

Try contacting support and see what they have to suggest.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
What device are you using to run the App again? I have never seen any post about the issue that you are having, that is really weird and I suspect there is a very simple reason. Was the left speaker missing distance and curve on the App itself or its there but no in the AVR?

Try contacting support and see what they have to suggest.
Galaxy S10. It was missing distance and curve on the app itself. It also wouldn't let me change the mains from large to small.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Galaxy S10. It was missing distance and curve on the app itself. It also wouldn't let me change the mains from large to small.
If this is a repeatable issue and you have tried many times already, it could be that you device is not compatible.

According to:

Confirmed Android devices:
Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 6.0.1), Samsung Galaxy S6 (OS 7.0), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (OS 7.0), Samsung Galaxy S8+ (OS 8.0.0), Google (ASUS) Nexus 7 (2013) (OS 6.0.1), Google (HTC) Nexus 9 (OS 7.1.1), Google Pixel 2 (OS 9), Google Pixel 3 (OS 10)

Caution:
We do not guarantee that this application works with all Android devices.
Do you have another device to try? It doesn't have to be on their list of "confirmed..." I used a Galaxy Tab S2 that is not listed either, but it works quite well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@NINaudio Did deleting and reinstalling the app do anything?

@Reckel not unusual for subs to have different delays set than actual distance for a sub due the delay in the sub's electronics....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I still can’t get my changes I made from my laptop back to my phone. Idk why my new file saved with the internet explorer sign next to it, idk what I did.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
And isn’t supposed to show sub 1 and sub 2 on ratbuddyssey? It only shows sub volume for one sub

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
And isn’t supposed to show sub 1 and sub 2 on ratbuddyssey? It only shows sub volume for one sub
Because Audyssey EQs the two subs as one, after the two are "time aligned". That's one of reason I don't like the term .2, such as 5.2, the LFE channel is just one channel regardless of how many subs are used.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Because Audyssey EQs the two subs as one, after the two are "time aligned". That's one of reason I don't like the term .2, such as 5.2, the LFE channel is just one channel regardless of how many subs are used.
Ok thx. Do I need to change any other numbers or check any boxes? I’m still having trouble getting changes I made in ratbuddyssey to my iPhone, I must of did clicked something wrong idk.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok thx. Do I need to change any other numbers or check any boxes? I’m still having trouble getting changes I made in ratbuddyssey to my iPhone, I must of did clicked something wrong idk.
Sorry to hear that, and I admire your patience, others would have quit trying already. Unfortunately I only have the license for the Android version. If you can borrow an Android device such as a Galaxy tab, then it's easy because I can post screenshots to help you get the changes in and send from your PC to the Galaxy tablet.

As it is now, I can only help you on using Ratbuddsey to enter the customized target curve data with screen shots as follow (I might have posted something similar before):

You can try to check the boxes as shown and see what happens.

1601989330857.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis