Movies that are so bad they're good.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Okay here's the challenge. Watch this scene from Samurai Cop without laughing. They're there to question a suspect when a nurse (like every other female in the movie) hits on the protagonist. The dialogue is so clunky and bad... and ridiculous! I challenge anyone to make it through this minute long scene without at least a snort or chuckle. I'll bet you can't do it!

His partner's reactions and facial expressions in between lines only adds to the ridiculousness. This is the magic of SBIG.
I had to laugh multiple times at that one!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe it's one's ability to recognize a plot hole but not let it ruin the movie for you? I'll admit that it's annoying when a character does something stupidly complex when a more simple solution is right before them, or when a writer uses an implausible solution like hacking an alien space ship computer with a laptop, a la Independence Day. I can shrug it off, though, as a bad choice or lazy writing and still enjoy the rest of the movie. I've watched Fifth Element a dozen times and love the interaction between Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich (who is totally hot in that movie) but I can see how Chris Tucker's and Gary Oldman's characters can push the movie into 'bad' territory.

I might be one of the few that sat all the way through Plan 9 From Outer Space but I think Backaroo Bonzai was just plain bad. :D
The whole reason Buckaroo Bonzai makes this list is the epic walk scene with every character side by side strutting that cool walk at the end of the movie with the credits rolling with that music playing in the background.

That whole clip made the entire movie for me and elevated it to SBIG its ironically my favorite part of the movie is the end credits :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Flash is a great example of over the top cheesiness done with flair and style! It definitely has some aspects of SBIG but does a lot of things really well actually. Some of the special effects were groundbreaking for the time, it had a great score and was kind of a blockbuster, right?

It's great fun with some ridiculous aspects for sure, but not quite SBIG.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
So you want something like THIS, that had a $500 budget, about $450 of which went to cocaine for the “director”? Ps: skip to an hour in or so to get to the action.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So you want something like THIS, that had a $500 budget, about $450 of which went to cocaine for the “director”? Ps: skip to an hour in or so to get to the action.
Yup! Something along those lines of bad, but still manages to make you laugh and entertains the whole way through. A lot of those types are just plain terrible and hard to even watch, but every once in a while you find one that hilariously fails in so many ways, in just the right ways, that you want to keep watching just to see what they do next, and for the most part it's usually completely unintentional. For those special ones there is a kind of Rocky Horror Picture Show vibe where people will throw watch parties just to have fun, sit around and laugh at them with friends.

Think Mystery Science Theater riff track movies.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
40 seconds of Neil Breen abusing laptops for dramatic effect! It's one of his go to moves in a couple of his movies. Just watch and take special note of his acting ability. He's taking it seriously!

Neil Breen has become the posterboy for modern SBIG movies in the last few years, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is possibly the scene that made Neil famous and birthed countless memes. He just discovered his best friend's body after an apparent suicide... it's so funny. It tries to be such a grim and heavy scene, but it fails so bad, and you can tell he's putting his all into it! It's less than a minute long but tells you a lot about the true Breenius of Neil Breen...

Notice how he wipes blood all over hs face for more dramatic effect? Ha ha

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Omg... this scene from Miami Connection says it all. Even the music is bad. Just watch the first minute and you'll see why movies like Starship Troopers and Machete aren't even on the same planet, lol.

WTF was that?!?!:oops: Seems the car was deliberately parked underneath the planes path just for the shot.:D
Also the car is parked facing a fence I believe when just moments before it was racing down the road to a hospital LOL.:p

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Snatchers_poster.jpg

This is a more recent one but totally fits the bill. So bad but it's so so good

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dude Flash Gordon totally counts have you ever tried watching it today. It's so bad but still it's do good
It does not count as SBIG! I think you're misunderstanding what the criteria is. Flash Gordon is a great movie with an awesome score! That takes it out of the running for sure. Have you watched any of the clips I've been posting? I'm tryna give good examples. Flash Gordon is WAY too good to be in this.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It does not count as SBIG! I think you're misunderstanding what the criteria is. Flash Gordon is a great movie with an awesome score! That takes it out of the running for sure. Have you watched any of the clips I've been posting? I'm tryna give good examples. Flash Gordon is WAY too good to be in this.
Ok OK OK Flash Gordon is off the list. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis