Movies that are so bad they're good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gymkata! Olympic gymnast Kurt Thomas stars as a ninja thumping "martial artist".

xposter_gymkata_tt0089243.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SS52MdfCxM.jpg

Here he shows how effective pommel horse skills are when everyone waits their turn and walks into his range, lol.

gymkata.jpg

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Okay, this is not technically so bad it's good, but it does fit with some of the other suggestions in that it's very low budget, well written with an interesting plot and a twist ending. I just watched it again last night and it still holds up for me.

View attachment 51409
I remember reading about this awhile back, but don't remember what led me to it. Almost think there might be a sequel as well?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I remember reading about this awhile back, but don't remember what led me to it. Almost think there might be a sequel as well?
There's a sequel. One that shouldn't have been made, lol. It fails to recapture what made the original so interesting and compellng. The first is really, really interesting tho. Once it starts rolling you're hooked and can't wait to see what he says next.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
There's a sequel. One that shouldn't have been made, lol. It fails to recapture what made the original so interesting and compellng. The first is really, really interesting tho. Once it starts rolling you're hooked and can't wait to see what he says next.
I think I wiki'd it for some reason awhile back, and it did sound interesting. Something about the man not being who he said he was, and I remember some sort of twist to it as well. I'll have to check it out. Available to stream somewhere?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I wiki'd it for some reason awhile back, and it did sound interesting. Something about the man not being who he said he was, and I remember some sort of twist to it as well. I'll have to check it out. Available to stream somewhere?
I found it either on Prime or Nutflex. It's been a while since I looked. I watched it on a shared Plex account last night.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I loved this movie
Me too, and I was genuinely surprised when they revealed the twist at the end. I'd like to see more of the main character, and they did make a sequel but I read that it's not very good and I haven't seen it. Based on reviews they pretty much go off the rails and has none of the charm and cleverness of the original.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Man From Earth is one of my perennial favorites. I also made the mistake of watching the sequel. That was just bad. I don't think the original was bad. It didn't need a big budget for what it was trying to do.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
It's not on Prime or Netflix anymore so it might be hard to find now. The best I could find is free with ads on IMDB.
I just looked and both the original are on Prime, free to stream. What's funny, when I looked for the movie, it said continue watching. I must have went looking for it when I first read about, watched the first couple of minutes and then forgot about it.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I just looked and both the original are on Prime, free to stream. What's funny, when I looked for the movie, it said continue watching. I must have went looking for it when I first read about, watched the first couple of minutes and then forgot about it.
Yeah I just watched it on Prime. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Keep em coming guys. I've found some great recommendations in here. lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just watched an older budget Australian zombie flick. Lousy critic ratings, but good audience ratings so I gave it a shot. I liked it actually, pretty fun for the genre. Only heard about it because there is a sequel this year.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Firestarter (1984) Little Drew Barrymore, George C. Scott, Martin Sheen, David Keith, Art Carney, Louise Fletcher, Heather Locklear, Moses Gunn.
Brilliant overacting.
(I haven't seen the latest remake.)

"BACK OFF, BACK OFF!!!"

Roasting George C. Scott.

Roasting evil govt agents.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis