Monster Cable Shifts Back Into Lawsuit Gear Against Monster Transmission

A

abjonesiii

Audioholic
Well here's my contribution and thoughts on the situation. *Note the head ban* :D

<P><P>

Last edited by a moderator:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Of course, Monster Cable's angle is to bulley people into handing over their lunch money to the bully's that thet are before it reaches court, where I believe they generally lose anyway.
I think that is the case. They lost another lawsuit something about a monster horse product or another animal product. I judge should put his/her foot down once and for all to close their suits down, permanently.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...I've been reviewing all of the comments here and to be clear this issue was filed before the Monster Mini Golf dispute and is something we have directed our outside attornies to resolve with Monster Transmission’s attorneys. I can't respond to every comment but will continue review your thoughts to pass along to our team.
What is there to resolve, Ted?
Just call off your attack dogs and be done with it, go home. Rather simple and quick.
Stop all these bully tactics.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Um NO but in interest of reporting the facts and keeping the flames down, I ask people post with civility. If this infuriates you, let Monster know but keep your responses level headed.
Tom was bamboozled into a monster made product, they might try to sink their claws into you too.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
No he was tricked!

It's all in the podcast, which was quite good this week.

(Maybe the ninja red chicklet distributor will see this and see the light!)

A

Alittlemonster

A monster of a problem

All of the situations involving Monster Cable, as described by various posters, is something that could happen. However, when someone is tweaking your nose, watch out for the guy sneaking up to kick your butt. Please let me explain this statement and post some items that need serious consideration by all. I mean, if Monster Cable can sue a transmission shop, what if:

1. Monster Cable Police intercept the errant, little monsters at Halloween and issue them citations for wearing the wrong costumes? There isn't much money in it unless they can prove collusion with the parents, but they could put a grab on the candy baskets--"fruit of the poisoned tree" is the precedent.

2. Monster Cable sues companies such as Disney and Pixar for use of the name "Monster" in Monsters, Inc. (wait, they tried that already), or sues the company that just filmed Monsters vs Aliens and the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris for the use of gargoyles at the end of the drainage system (they are a kind of monster, nez pas?)?

3. Monster Cable sues any of the dictionaries for not including the copyright info and by permission of Monster Cable for the use of the word "monster" under "M". Brand identity is important here..."when you think monster, you think cables" is their motto.

4. Monster Cable sues the Monster Truck bubbas for doing all that crushing and racing under the "Monster" moniker?

5. Monster Cable sues the Monitor Lizard for a name that is too close for comfort (not to mention the lizard)? I mean, if you try to connect up with that creature, you'll get quite a shock.

6. Monster Cable sues Monster Transmission for the development of an interconnect that allows drivers to listen to their transmission via the audio system in their car? I'm sure that would be a big seller and is something that should be monitored closely. I can't see the connection myself, but the sharp eyes and ears of Monster Cable wouldn't miss it. Maybe it could be called a "Monster Transmission - Digital Audio Monitor" (MT-DAM).

7. Monster Cable sues the dinosaurs for just being there 65 million years ago?

8. Monster Cable sues the Cookie Monster? A guy that lives in a garbage can can't have much representation and would be an easy mark.

I'm sure that others can think of more potential and risky problem areas.

BTW, am having some custom speakers made and just sent the builder a quickie email to not use Monster Cable products within the cabinets. A small victory to be sure, but if repeated enough times....

B

breehan

Audiophyte
No more monster

The best thing we all can do is boycott using any of their products all together.
I personally can not stand this company. Every time I see someone buying their over priced junk I inform them of equal quality products for way less.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Staying true to the thread...

watching golf and drinking a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
My Bad!

Just realized I posted in the wrong thread. If a mod or someone with power wants to delete the previous post, feel free!

Monster is evil and they make average products.

-pat

A

Alittlemonster

No garbage can?

Oops! :) Wrong monster.

Hey, I've got a Monster Cable cable for an Audio Technica 1009 Tonearm--the DIN plug kept falling out of the tonearm socket, was never able to use it. So much for quality control.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I've been reviewing all of the comments here and to be clear this issue was filed before the Monster Mini Golf dispute and is something we have directed our outside attornies to resolve with Monster Transmission’s attorneys. I can't respond to every comment but will continue review your thoughts to pass along to our team.
To be clear, I hope the delay in settling this unnecessary and frivolous suit is simply because you are waiting to find out what the transmission company's legal bills are so that Monster can reimburse them for their wasted time, trouble and legal fees.

I'm sorry Ted, but I have nothing but contempt for Monster and all who are associated with it or who attempt to defend it. No family member, friend or acquaintance of mine is allowed to even mention Monster Cable in my presence since I heard about your contemptible business practices. In fact, I give away Monoprice cables just so that people won't have to come into contact with Monster at an A/V store. I find this a proactive approach to digging into Monster's sales at the retail level that works better than a boycott.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis