Monster Cable Shifts Back Into Lawsuit Gear Against Monster Transmission

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
No family member, friend or acquaintance of mine is allowed to even mention Monster Cable in my presence since I heard about your contemptible business practices.
Eh, don't let them affect your life so much. Just don't buy them and steer people away from them, but no need to let it have a negative impact on your interactions.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Eh, don't let them affect your life so much. Just don't buy them and steer people away from them, but no need to let it have a negative impact on your interactions.
It's not a negative impact at all. If they say they need a cable and may look at Monster, I just give them whatever cable they need. They're happy, I'm happy and Monster doesn't have a chance to rip off somebody close to me.:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I was referring to your comment that they aren't allowed to mention something in your presence, that's all.
It's not a hard and fast rule that limits their freedom of thought and expression.:D

It's just that my reaction to those comments are to take them to the Monoprice web site or to give them what they need. That always ends any Monster discussion then and there in an amicable way.

P

paxi

Audiophyte
Sorry if this has already been posted (and I note interview with Mr. Thomas at the beginning of this article) but I thought that the following update on engadget provided a few more interesting details, and again raises questions re: the veracity of monster ted et. al at monster cable

( I can't post the direct link as I am new)

"Update: Monster Cable's sending out a statement saying "Monster does not have an issue with Monster Transmission" and that the "case was filed last year, before the Monster Mini Golf matter was settled" but it sounds to us like they're playing fast and loose with their timeline to distract people -- we just spoke to Achilles Thomas, one of the owners of Monster Transmission, and he said the initial lawsuit was filed between October and November of 2008 and hasn't come close to settling, even though the Mini Golf case settled in January. Naughty, naughty."

TRT

TRT

Junior Audioholic
Is there not one single federal judge with enough balls to disbar any lawyer that bring a frivolous law suit before them on behalf of Monster? How about holding the head monster in contempt and jail is a#@ until the suit is withdrawn. Can anybody with the word cable in their company name please file a lawsuit against these jerkoffs so they can get a taste of their own medicine? Will everybody P L E A S E stop buying anything these nutjobs sell so they will just go away!

T

tabberone

Audiophyte
Monster Lie

Having been in federal court some 15 times over trademark and copyright issues, we can tell you that dropping a lawsuit takes less than 30 minutes. Monster's corporate lawyers could draft the one-page request and file it electronically in very little time. Ted is lying.

But then, we are biased when it comes to Monster Cable.

P.S. We've added your pictures to our web page. They're great.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
sorry for wasting company time

Sorry boss,

I know I took off friday, and had a nice Easter break. But the very first thing I thought of when I saw my browser pop up this morning was the Monster Cable story - so instead of doing that overdue memo, I surfed over to various web site to get my fix on corporate stupidity -

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Having been in federal court some 15 times over trademark and copyright issues, we can tell you that dropping a lawsuit takes less than 30 minutes. Monster's corporate lawyers could draft the one-page request and file it electronically in very little time. Ted is lying.

But then, we are biased when it comes to Monster Cable.

P.S. We've added your pictures to our web page. They're great.
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/HallOfShame/MonsterCable/MonsterCable.shtml

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
I was thinking about opening a chain of hot dog stands called Monster Dog and a chain of burger stands called Monster Burger. Both the Dogs and the Burgers will be really big and loaded with lots of stuff, something a real Monster Man would want to eat. Do you think Monster Cable will sue me. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I was thinking about opening a chain of hot dog stands called Monster Dog and a chain of burger stands called Monster Burger. Both the Dogs and the Burgers will be really big and loaded with lots of stuff, something a real Monster Man would want to eat. Do you think Monster Cable will sue me. :D
If they do, just let the courts do their job and slap the cable dude down as it seems to happen in the courts; just don't buckle under their bully tactics:D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
The supposed Monster employee has been very much missing in this discussion...there was a hint that more information was to be divulged or blanks were going to be filled in...

-pat

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
I've been doing my part by pressuring the owner of Sweetwater to drop that brand.

-Bruce

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wouldn't fault Monster Cable for selling an overpriced product any more than I would fault Ferrari or Porsche or Bentley.

The fact is, their products are so overpriced because they spend more money on litigation than actual development and marketing. If they were to focus more on their products and less on their copyright, or more so on the defense of one portion of their copyright, maybe Noel Lee would make 10% less money but his company would be respected rather than despised.

Kurt from BJC, for example, is not the world's richest man, but he sells us a good product with no snake oil and magical claims attached. That, to me, is the mark of a good businessman and a good person. For that reason, I do steer people towards BJC.

If Monster Products Inc. would simply focus on the products, the people, and the pricing, they would be a respected admirable company. Endorsements from musicians and movie producers who sell out to the corporate dollar do not an admirable company make.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
His kid may be monster ugly, but his wife was banging hot back in the day. I've got the fi dollahs, me lub her looooong time. :p

L

Leonel R.

Enthusiast
Ted,
I think your lawyers need an education in mathematics (though they would probably be out of a job if their calculations were honest). The business you're loosing because of these types of law-suits being in the news is far greater than anything financial or intellectual that you hope to gain from the success (as unlikely as it is) of your suit.
Even in one of my first business school classes one of the golden rules was to not pi$$-off your customer base because every customer that is lost to "a bad experience/recommendation" costs at least 8 times as much to gain back as someone brand new. If you don't believe me on that... just look at what the Detroit3 are going through right now...
You would be better served concentrating on product development. I for one never have and now most assuredly never will purchase any of your products. Not only was the flagrant hdmi vs composite staged-demos absolutely spiteful to customers, but creating an issue with a company that has nothing of similarity with your own except one part of its name is repugnant at best and down-right mean-spirited and hateful. If you want to savalge even a shred of hope of gaining anything positive from those of us that actually could potentially use your products or at least are in a position to recommend them to friends, family, neighbors and customers, you should drop these types of law-suits and change course.
I'll get you started; here is an idea... how about actually "liking" your customers and treating them like they're not idiots by making honest claims about the performance of your products... I know its a shot in the dark, but you'll be amazed at how that can improve business... I know it doesn't stand much chance, but hey, I'll still try the recommendation...

You clearly do not understand mathematics. The odds are in their favor. Logic tells them that if they keep trying, they'll eventually get one to stick.:rolleyes:

Btw, where did "Monster Ted" go? Lol! Man, I can't imagine how many people have been awaiting an opportunity to get someone from Monster on the horn/keyboard.

You guys scared him off. LOL!

L

Leonel R.

Enthusiast
I wouldn't fault Monster Cable for selling an overpriced product any more than I would fault Ferrari or Porsche or Bentley.

The fact is, their products are so overpriced because they spend more money on litigation than actual development and marketing. If they were to focus more on their products and less on their copyright, or more so on the defense of one portion of their copyright, maybe Noel Lee would make 10% less money but his company would be respected rather than despised.

Kurt from BJC, for example, is not the world's richest man, but he sells us a good product with no snake oil and magical claims attached. That, to me, is the mark of a good businessman and a good person. For that reason, I do steer people towards BJC.

If Monster Products Inc. would simply focus on the products, the people, and the pricing, they would be a respected admirable company. Endorsements from musicians and movie producers who sell out to the corporate dollar do not an admirable company make.

So not true, they put way more into their R&D than anything else, have you not seen their "new" MONSTER HDMI Cable, that comes with their MONSTER ETHERNET cord? It is 11.2gbps as opposed to the 10.2 of the 800 series, a whole gig faster! Not to mention, they introduced a "new" sleeve that has uber shielding properties that just so happens to look like the sleeves they used to use 10 years ago! Also, it comes in an awesome new case that says "Blu-Ray HDMI cable", and it's only 100 bucks for a 4ft cable!! Oh wait... did I mention... that the cable is BLUE?!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis