mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'd rather have this for a $100 bucks more

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'd rather have this for a $100 bucks more
But it is actually $200 more after you pay shipping. It is included in the $700 price of the Monolith, but an extra $96 on the Hsu!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
But it is actually $200 more after you pay shipping. It is included in the $700 price of the Monolith, but an extra $96 on the Hsu!
Still worth $200 more IMO

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Still worth $200 more IMO
That is a reasonable statement, but for $700, the Monolith 12" is a good deal.
I generally consider the Hsu subs to represent the best value, but when other companies like Monolith and Outlaw run sales they are good options!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It would be more valuable to see a straight up A/B/C bench with Hsu 15"ers and the Mono15". :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I get that. Doesn't change the meaning of my words. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Mono is a 12" that's on Sale and close to the Price of the HSU 15"
Let's keep it real!
$895 (Hsu 15) is a 28% increase over $699. That is not close to the same price!

Whether the Hsu is worth the extra $196 is a reasonable discussion that has no clear answer as the value of $196 (available for audio budget) is very subjective.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Let's keep it real!
$895 (Hsu 15) is a 28% increase over $699. That is not close to the same price!

Whether the Hsu is worth the extra $196 is a reasonable discussion that has no clear answer as the value of $196 (available for audio budget) is very subjective.
It's not quite as big a jump from the 12" mono to the 15" HSU as you list. Monoprice charges sales tax whereas HSU does not outside it's home state. If you are lucky enough to live in a state with no sales tax it doesn't matter, but if you pay 8.5% as I do it makes a difference.

With that calculation its about $140 extra for the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub and if you buy it during one of their many HSU sales that occur on just about every holiday it's a $120 difference.

The 15" HSU is a big step up from the 12" mono to my ear. If you have never heard the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub then you may be totally happy with a 12". If you have a HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub you are probably spoiled like me and wouldn't even think about a 12" mono.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Claridy designed it, in part at least. Uncertain about manufacturing, though.
Ok. My impression was that they were the oem for monolith but you could be right about that. I know for sure it’s not PE!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@shadyJ , You got any info on this, please? Does Claridy do manufacturing, also, or just the design work?

FWIW, the Outlaw X-13s are made in China, but designed by Claridy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis