Model number for Von Schweikert Speakers

S

smartiebk

Audiophyte
Hi there !

I came across a pair of Von Schweikert speakers. Unfortunately, the speaker boxes do not have any information related to the model number. Each speaker has ~4 woofers (~6.5 inches) and 6 bullet tweeters.

Does anyone of us have any idea about the model number of these speakers ? Any information would be greatly helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuwan

Attachments

S

smartiebk

Audiophyte
Thanks for the link. I already contacted them twice via the link and also via facebook, but they didn't respond. Is there any repository where I can check all the models rolled out by VSA ?

Thanks,
Bhuwan

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I haven't had any luck finding out about their older models either. Hopefully they get back with you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I kinda forgot about this post from a couple days ago and still have a "Von Schweikert" tab open. I tried 4 or 5 different ways to word the search and have found almost every possible design and configuration except the ones in your image. I wish you luck.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I kinda forgot about this post from a couple days ago and still have a "Von Schweikert" tab open. I tried 4 or 5 different ways to word the search and have found almost every possible design and configuration except the ones in your image. I wish you luck.
That is because I don't think they are Von Schweikert speakers. I don't remember those. I think they are fake Von Schweikert "white van" speakers. The give away is that line of cheap and very nasty piezo tweeters.

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
That is because I don't think they are Von Schweikert speakers. I don't remember those. I think they are fake Von Schweikert "white van" speakers. The give away is that line of cheap and very nasty piezo tweeters.
I'd have to agree with this.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's unfortunate. White van speakers strike again. Those guys really, really suck.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is the Von Schweikert brand name spelled correctly on the speakers? FWIW went thru a bunch of images and couldn't find a match either...

S

smartiebk

Audiophyte
Thanks for all your inputs. I am attaching the driver photos. Do they even look like VSA speakers ! The crossover also seems to be very cheap. I am ignoring these speakers. Thanks for saving me from all the trouble.

Attachments

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Those woofers look like SB Acoustics woofers - which are generally of high quality.

But the speakers don't look anything like any Von Schwiekert speakers that I've seen.

Nor do they look like any 'white van' speakers I've read about.

They look more like an enthusiast's home-built speakers.

S

smartiebk

Audiophyte
Thanks for your inputs. I am letting go of these speakers and trying to finalize Thiel CS7.

Thank you everyone for saving me from the trouble.

Regards,
Bhuwan

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for your inputs. I am letting go of these speakers and trying to finalize Thiel CS7.

Thank you everyone for saving me from the trouble.

Regards,
Bhuwan
I doubt you will be disappointed with your new choice. Most people love their OG Thiel's!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis