mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ok ... i've setup all 4 subwoofers.

SPL wise, i'm fine with 110-114db

i know i can't have more output than that because, if i turn it up some more, the whole ceiling creaks.

if I crouch in front of the eD subwoofer (less than 1 meter away) during these peaks, i do get the chest thump i want. any further, chest thump goes away.

theory#2 i'm thinking of putting two subs nearfield BUT elevated to the height of my head. what material do I use to elevate the subwoofers? wood or concrete?

theory#1 regarding the windows btw i think is busted ... i think i shouldn't have sealed it up, because that way i can turn up the subs some more. hmmm

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
theory#2 i'm thinking of putting two subs nearfield BUT elevated to the height of my head. what material do I use to elevate the subwoofers? wood or concrete?
Some who call themselves bass heads should be ashamed with their silly one or two (or even four;)) subs. You Mike are a true bass head .. you walk the walk.:p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Some who call themselves bass heads should be ashamed with their silly one or two (or even four;)) subs. You Mike are a true bass head .. you walk the walk.:p
sigh, perhaps I should have just bought car/disco subwoofers ... such a long road to travel just for the chest thump :)

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi Mike,

a quick question, though:

do you think is there any relationship with the recent earthquakes down in China & Japan due to your humble collection of SW, considering that you're not "that far" away from the area??:p

Man, I gotta tell you: don't ever try to live in California:)

Regards, Chuck

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Glitch in the Matrix?

This thread claims to have 27 pages but every time I tried to visit page 27 it automatically changed back to page 26 :confused:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Glitch in the Matrix?

This thread claims to have 27 pages but every time I tried to visit page 27 it automatically changed back to page 26 :confused:
yeah, sometimes the forum does that, but in reality there really is no page 27. plus the fact that the page number depends on the number of posts you allow on each page. :)

Hi Mike,

a quick question, though:

do you think is there any relationship with the recent earthquakes down in China & Japan due to your humble collection of SW, considering that you're not "that far" away from the area??:p

Man, I gotta tell you: don't ever try to live in California:)

Regards, Chuck
ummm, i was elsewhere when the earthquakes happened.

or perhaps the shock waves took some time to get to China ... :D

majorloser

majorloser

what material do I use to elevate the subwoofers? wood or concrete?
Considering the size and weight of your subs........
first thing you'll need is a forklift.

I guess you could do a wood box covered in carpet and filled with sand. It would be a lot easier than dealing with concrete.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
that's a good idea about the carpet. saves me the trouble of finishing it.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
demoting the 2307 to the bedroom

finally! the Denon 3808

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
well, i did raise my screen to accomodate bigger subs up front. since i doubt the eD's are worthy of being my LFE subs, i might use them as stereo subs ...

J

jamie2112

Banned
Hero

Wow Mike you just keep on amazing me with all of your killer gear.Great job. One day I will have the space to do it right like yourself. Thanks for the inspiration Mike. Jamie:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
thanks jamie ... stick around here long enough, and you'll be spending a lot more :)

i signed up years back to ask if I should get the Yamaha EF NS-777 or Primus 360 :)
and then asked if the JBL E250P was good.

haha, big mistake.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
:DMike, those poor speakers look tiny, especially the center. I think you need a bigger center. Hmm.... Paradigm Signature Series comes to mind. :cool:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
:DMike, those poor speakers look tiny, especially the center. I think you need a bigger center. Hmm.... Paradigm Signature Series comes to mind. :cool:
i had to cut two parts of the screen's legs just so i could fit those three in the middle :)

i was actually looking for a center yesterday that was more squarish instead of horizontally extending. :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Mike,

I'm glad to see you don't have to worry about OCD. LOL! I think I'll send my wife over to your place to do some cable management for ya. There's nothing more she can do to organize mine. :D
after a few years, suddenly, I feel that it's too much of a mess back there.
i'll give it a shot at cleaning it up ... will post pics when I get done.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
after a few years, suddenly, I feel that it's too much of a mess back there.
Really? hehehe
That looks as a nice playground. I was picturing your son swinging on those cables :D

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi Mike,

babies & toys make us all joy!

BTW, what's next???

Don't know, but if you give toys to your baby the way you buy AV stuff for yourself, the little lucky one should be on par to any Toy'R Us store, though:p

Regards, Chuck

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis