tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
I just looked at this thread for the first time, and noticed u have 2 subs already, but are getting 3 more SVS subs ??? :confused: and they are all different models.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
mike c;382166[IMG said:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/superribbit/eD%20SVS/CIMG1332.jpg[/IMG]

:D

So i realized that i was viewing this thread backwards.. but when i got to this page.. i just couldnt believe it.. WTF!! You have more subwoofer power than 2 movie theaters combined!! :eek: They look cool, but can u even hear anything besides bass?? For a room that size i would get anything more than 2 12 inch SVS subs. I would have invested money into other equipment (Source, AVR, etc..)

Well i will keep reading.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Mike C,
Thank you for the compsrison on the grills.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I just looked at this thread for the first time, and noticed u have 2 subs already, but are getting 3 more SVS subs ??? :confused: and they are all different models.
i plan to play with the new ones for awhile and "try" to dispose of them in the local market. if the PB12NSD doesn't cut it for stereo subs ... i'll have no choice but to get two more PB13 Ultras or DIY stereo subs. only the two eD subs in the pic will be my LFE in this HT.

So i realized that i was viewing this thread backwards.. but when i got to this page.. i just couldnt believe it.. WTF!! You have more subwoofer power than 2 movie theaters combined!! :eek: They look cool, but can u even hear anything besides bass?? For a room that size i would get anything more than 2 12 inch SVS subs. I would have invested money into other equipment (Source, AVR, etc..)

Well i will keep reading.
i can't bring myself to spend money on the other stuff, they're much too boring ... e.g. but i do "need" a new receiver. :D

dude, may i have one of your sub woofers? :D
i think shipping and taxes would kill you :)

Mike C,
Thank you for the compsrison on the grills.
you're welcome

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
pair of tri-traps and loads of 244's and 242's

the black ones will go in this HT, the off-white ones will go to my bedroom

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
this is supposed to go to my bedroom setup, but while it's not hung yet, i'll post it here :)

244 Timberline Twig

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
2 out of 3 ceiling panels

3 of 3 right side 244 panels + waiting panels

2 of 2 tri traps + 1 242 panel behind left speaker

J

jamie2112

Banned
Holy cow those are some serious diffusers. I can't wait to see the finished HT your subs are just freakin sick. Way to inspire all of us Mike.....

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Holy cow those are some serious diffusers. I can't wait to see the finished HT your subs are just freakin sick. Way to inspire all of us Mike.....
the ceiling? those aren't diffusers. it's just some sort of funky ceiling design in 1980 or something.

the panels i am installing are all absorbers.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
everything but the 5 off white panels installed

err, some more subs?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now thats a seriously nice setup .Keep up the good work !!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
dada?

even the wife says its cute!

there's a big shelf to the right of the right speaker (it probably makes the sound crappy), i intend to stuff it with FG the moment funds become available. but it didn't stop me from making a "grill" for the shelf

Last edited:
TheFactor

TheFactor

dada?

even the wife says its cute!

there's a big shelf to the right of the right speaker (it probably makes the sound crappy), i intend to stuff it with FG the moment funds become available. but it didn't stop me from making a "grill" for the shelf

Someone got some new toys in :D Congrats those subs look sweet !!!!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
last chance to save some money...

TWO 5 foot x 6 foot windows to the left of my HT

meet wood

wood in place

silicone sealant

panels back in place

i have a theory that the bass is passing through these windows which leaves me no room pressurization. i'll setup a test tomorrow with the two eD's and two eD's + two Ultras.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
i have a theory that the bass is passing through these windows which leaves me no room pressurization. i'll setup a test tomorrow with the two eD's and two eD's + two Ultras.
It's not the bass ... its money that's flying out of those windows.:p

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
I've made up my mind already...

... it's just about time to go living in the Philipines, though:)

Regards, Chuck.

TheFactor

TheFactor

It's not the bass ... its money that's flying out of those windows.:p
Thats to funny and I know the feeling, I think the solution would be to wrap are wallets with insulation :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis