Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

i have the dali ikon 6 v2 and dali zensor 7 dali vokal centre and 4 atmos dali dc1 upfiring speakers
dali zensor 1 and a crown 102 amp and using a sony x800 i will be using 2 svs pc2000 subs and 2 Bic Acoustech PL-200 II Subwoofer and a
miniDSP 2x4
for using 4 subs i will be using blue jeans cables

i will be using dali ikon 6 v2 as fronts dali zensor 7 as rears dali vokal centre dali zensor 1s as additional rears and the 4 dali c1 atmos as atmos effects

my question is what would be the better partner the marantz 7010 or the denon 4400
what would be the better for all out action blockbuster movies overall with this setup

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Pretty sure you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. I would buy the denon and save some money, then use that for two more pc2000. I wouldn’t mix the bic and SVS subs. Unless the bics are right behind the couch. Even then, I probably wouldn’t.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

can anybody tell me if there are
Important
any search tools or websites
that allow you to search for the perfect sub or amp to use with your speakers or speaker packages thanks

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Too many variables come into play for such a thing. Start with room size and the results you are looking to achieve. This site is great for info as long as you engage in conversation.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
hi

can anybody tell me if there are
Important
any search tools or websites
that allow you to search for the perfect sub or amp to use with your speakers or speaker packages thanks
Room EQ Wizard has a tool that models for main speakers and sub placement, in three dimensions.

If you're asking if someone has a way to tell you quickly, then I would say no- it's not so simple.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

hi can anybody tell me if anyone has tested both the marantz 7010 and denon 4300 using the dali zensor speaker package and can tell me what is the better amp for sound quality which is the better performer overall i have been told that dali speakers suit warmer amps overall so maybe more suited to the marantz partnering i was told the denons are more neutral sounding
i no i have asked many questions on this topic but i defenitly want more opions before on which amp to purchase or maybe even the denon 4400 or marantz 7011 thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
forgot to add i will be using a 11.4 system using 4 pb 13 ultra subs i have changed my subs
and a crown 102 amp

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
They have almost the same amp specs and based on bench test results of a similar Denon AVR-X4200W

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/marantz-sr7010-av-receiver-review-test-bench
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/denon-avr-x4200w-av-receiver-review-test-bench

they should sound the same in pure direct mode.

Marantz SR7010:
2 channel driven at 0.1% THD - 128.7/201.7 watts, 8/4-ohm
5 channel driven at 0.1% THD - 84.3 watts
7 channel driven at 0.1% THD - 83.2 watts.

Denon SRX4200W:
2 channel driven at 0.1% THD - 124.3/215.9 watts, 8/4-ohm
5 channel driven at 0.1% THD - 94.6 watts
7 channel driven at 0.1% THD - 76.8 watts.

The Marantz "warm" sound thing is just forum talk/hearsay, not facts.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
forgot to add i will be using a 11.4 system using 4 pb 13 ultra subs i have changed my subs
and a crown 102 amp
Just a bit of advice - You may want to address your grammar and sentence structure issues.

4 1000 watt subs with 13' drivers?? My what a large room you must have.......Anyways, PENG set you straight..you should be good...

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali vokal centre
2 dali zensor 7 as rears
2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
4 dali c1 atmos modules
i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
sony x800 4k player
blue jeans speaker cables
4 svs pb13 ultra subs
a playstation 4 pro
a wii u
xbox one x scorpio edition
i am after buying a marantz 7010
if i was to buy the marantz 7010 would i be better off buying the marantz pm6006 or still using the crown 1002 amp that ive got overall thanks
if i was to wire the 2 front dali ikon 6v2 to either of the crown 1002 amp or the marantz pm6006
using the marantz 7010 which would produce the better sound quality and performance thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have 3 rbh mc-815 in ceiking speakers to sell brand new boxed
asking £250
bank transfer or cash on collection
collection on items only

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus mobile phone used has some wear and tear 2 slight chips on front of phone but once lit up in use can barely notice has power adaptor as well
asking £180
bank transfer or cash on collection
or i can post for additional fee

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i will be using dali ikon 6v2 fronts
and the rest are dali zensor speakers
my question is i want very good performane speaker cable that will enhance the characteristics of what the speakers are capable of doing
they will be connected to a marantz 7010 amp
at the moment i have blue jeans Belden 5000UE speaker cable would this still work very well with the dalis or is it worth changing the cable thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i need a wall mount for my dali zensor vokal centre
what can anybody recommend using thanks

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Agreed. I love pretty cables (about the biggest reason to "upgrade"), but if you already have a decent gauge wire and not pushing crazy distances, you're not too likely to notice any differences.

The only time I've witnessed a difference was when a builder ran like 22 gauge (shameful) in-wall about a 100'+ distance. That got swapped out with 12 gauge. THAT was better. 22 was the worst I've ever come across.

That Belden 5000UE's great stuff. 12 gauge, right? It's going to be tough to get any better than that unless you just want to go for different aesthetics.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
hi

i will be using dali ikon 6v2 fronts
and the rest are dali zensor speakers
my question is i want very good performane speaker cable that will enhance the characteristics of what the speakers are capable of doing
they will be connected to a marantz 7010 amp
at the moment i have blue jeans Belden 5000UE speaker cable would this still work very well with the dalis or is it worth changing the cable thanks
Wire has very little to do with sound quality- it's the speakers and room that matter most.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis