Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We are looking at the same photo, correct?
Photo doesn't mean much. Like Philip has provided. I wasn't going to respond further but didn't want that misinfo hanging out there :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Must mean they are assignable...

Then to answer the OP's question they could use the 3808 for external amplification by feeding it a set of inputs.

Remember Denon is the company where a user at AVSForum made a user guided to the Denon User Guide :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Must mean they are assignable...

Then to answer the OP's question they could use the 3808 for external amplification by feeding it a set of inputs.

Remember Denon is the company where a user at AVSForum made a user guided to the Denon User Guide :)
Last time I tried to look at batpig's dictionary the site seemed to be no more....

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I once raked a guy over the coals because of his pathetic punctuation. Turned how he was a disabled vet who could only type with one hand. Needless to say, I felt about two inches tall. Point is, you never know what the situation is of whoever's on the other side of a user name. At least Marcus enjoys good sound and wants to best utilize what he has. I don’t see that as anything but a good thing.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I gotcha...you have the processing for 11 channels in the 4300 and just need to power 2 more channels.

Denon...to my knowledge do not make power amps. Of course Marantz does...the MM7025 street price is about $700 or so...msrp $799.

The best bang for your buck for a 2 ch amp imo would be the pro amps from Crown.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--CWNXLI1500?siid=117788&-Ch2NHQ9WEAQYAiABEgKQPvD_BwE=

This is a great value.
If he has a 3808 collecting dust he could in fact use it as a 7 channel power amp. Denon did make nice power amps but not in recent years. As far as I know they still make integrated amps but not power amps so for power amps one would have to go the used route.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
hi

if i was to use the marantz pm6006 with the denon 4300
using dali zensor 7 as the fronts and dali ikon 6 mk2
dali vokal centre
and two zensor 1 as additional rears and 4 dali aldico c1 atmos upfiring modules

what speakers would you connect to the marantz pm6006 and the rest to the denon 4300 thanks
marcus
I would definitely want you to try these.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
You're doing this backwards. Choose the speakers first, then choose amplification based on the speakers and your listening habits.

Mitchibo

Mitchibo

Audioholic
I bought a little Legrand amp for the extra two channels for 11 total. It just powers two height speakers so no heavy lifting required. And they are cheap.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have got the dali ikon 6 mk2 speakers for fronts
dali vokal centre
dali zensor 7 as rears
dali zensor 1 as additional rears
and 4 dali alteco c1 atmos modules
a denon 4300 amp
a crown xls 1002 power amp
blue jeans speaker cable

my question is i want 2 subs maximum £500 each
that would be the perfect pairing for this package i want the sub to go vert low frequency as possible 17hz range
i want it for all out action gun blazing heavy explosion impact yet fast bass bone jarring effect that can rattle your house i also want it to be excellent with music as well bass effect for action movies/horror/thrillers
that makes you jump out your seat thanks

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Marcus,

Unlikely that many here know what’s available where you live (you don’t give us location). The Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub meets your requirements, but I don’t know if you can get it. You might be better off posting a question on a UK-based Forum like AVForums.

https://www.avforums.com/forums/

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

dali vokal centre
dali zensor 7 as rears
a denon 4300 amp
blue jeans speaker cable

my question is i want a subwoofer for £400 that kicks some serious bass but i want it to go as low as possible in frequency i want it for serious all out action blockbuster movies that will blow the roof for the money that you can feel in your chest

i no i have asked this question already but i have £400 my expenses have gone down
i want the perfect partner with the components specified
i want the best possible sub for this price bracket with the requirments up above

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

dali vokal centre
dali zensor 7 as rears
a denon 4300 amp
blue jeans speaker cable

my question is i want to use 4 hsu vtf 3 mk2 subwoofers
would it be very good at blockbuster action movies would i get very low frequecy effects feel like you been punched in the chest and it make the walls and furniture rattle would it work well with zensor range of speakers

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The VTF-3s would work great for that, it is a lot of bang for the buck, but if I remember right, you are in England? That might be a bit pricey to ship?

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

dali vokal centre
dali zensor 7 as rears
a denon 4300 amp
blue jeans speaker cable

i have decided to go with a hsu sub but in peoples opion what would be the best partner

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis