Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
granted you’ve done resets. i would set reciever to factory default and restart process as if you just got it. set it up and you dont actually have to do audessey you can do the speakers manual with the test tones to hear everything is working. audessy you can do after. do the setup step by step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's working, but his expectations are too high. He keeps referring to the test tone in the speaker menu. That test tone is just plain not very loud for the subs. It's the same for me too.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
I think it's working, but his expectations are too high. He keeps referring to the test tone in the speaker menu. That test tone is just plain not very loud for the subs. It's the same for me too.
I wish that I can send you guys a video.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
thats a reason i think he should play a movie to see what happens..

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic

The the SW1 is plugged in ...not even a sound. I will change it in to SW2.....at same levels. .....working 100%

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic

With a movie....blows my mind...the sound with the SW2 ....

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
well if it works without any changes to sub i think its fair to say its the sw1 port..

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
With a movie....blows my mind...the sound with the SW2 ....

and you setup utilizing sw2. either audessey or manual? then your good i would think. you can get sw1 repaired or not at your convenience..

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
well if it works without any changes to sub i think its fair to say its the sw1 port..

I think so. Do you know what will be the reason for that?

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
it may be disconnected somehow from inside who knows. just confused since sometimes you said sound was very low and other times no sound.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
it may be disconnected somehow from inside who knows. just confused since sometimes you said sound was very low and other times no sound.

Yes, that is wired....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I think so. Do you know what will be the reason for that?

There could be multiple reasons, but I think most likely a loose connection. Someone ask when you ran testone you heard sound but at that point did you turn the volume up to see if it gets louder? Again, not a fix, just part of the test.

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
There could be multiple reasons, but I think most likely a loose connection. Someone ask when you ran testone you heard sound but at that point did you turn the volume up to see if it gets louder? Again, not a fix, just part of the test.
yep i asked if raised the db’s

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
and the speakers are working properly with the tones..

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
and the speakers are working properly with the tones..

All the speakers are working properly except the sw1

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
At maximum

I think he/we meant turn the master volume up also while playing the test tone, not just the level trim settings that your screenshot shows. When you turn the volume up, the onscreen display bar should show up and could go up to +18 in the relative scale of 98 on the absolute scale.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
I think he/we meant turn the master volume up also while playing the test tone, not just the level trim settings that your screenshot shows. When you turn the volume up, the onscreen display bar should show up and could go up to +18 in the relative scale of 98 on the absolute scale.
I did that, and no sound at all

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I did that, and no sound at all

I think you have tried your best and some of us too, without being there. So now you may be left the option to either send it to an authorized repair shop, or just use sub 2. If it is outside of warranty anyway, it may be better to use just sub2, until you have a good reason to get sub1 fixed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you have tried your best and some of us too, without being there. So now you may be left the option to either send it to an authorized repair shop, or just use sub 2. If it is outside of warranty anyway, it may be better to use just sub2, until you have a good reason to get sub1 fixed.
Something is still not adding up. He keeps giving us conflicting/contradictory information with regards to his results.

I am unconvinced that this just isn't a matter of expectations/proper setup compared to reality.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
We don't have here in Romania a manantz authorized repair shop....and I will go to a friend of mine to test it again and if that test will came with the same result, I will continue using SW2. Thank you all for your interest in my problem and for all your adviced.

Michael

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis