Mar a Lago raided by FBI

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I know it's been joked about before with the Make Attorneys Get Attorneys quip, but Trump does seem to think that his legal team should be like kamikaze drones to be deployed in his best interest, if if it results in the professional suicide of said lawyer.
Expecting them to be "kamikaze drones" is a good way to put it. Rudy Giuliani flushed his reputation and career down the toilet for Trump (There's probably a really weird mixed metaphor about kamikaze flushes in there somewhere).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Expecting them to be "kamikaze drones" is a good way to put it. Rudy Giuliani flushed his reputation and career down the toilet for Trump (There's probably a really weird mixed metaphor about kamikaze flushes in there somewhere).
So was Rudy always deranged or that came about later in a bid to remain relevant? Gotta think he at least realized what he was doing.....

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
So was Rudy always deranged or that came about later in a bid to remain relevant? Gotta think he at least realized what he was doing.....
I suspect it was mostly the lure of money. I’m sure he didn’t really make all that much as a prosecutor or as mayor of NYC, so he was probably approaching retirement without significant assets when Trump came calling.

It’s hard to imagine that anyone “close” to Trump actually likes him as a person. It’s just money.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
He was once considered a hero right after 9-11.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And yet again, they find a way to kick the can down the road...
Judge Cannon Serves Trump Some Cake (substack.com)
It'll be interesting to see what Judge Dearie says about this, if he says anything at all. And there is still DOJ, but I'm not sure don't know they can do anything either.

For now Trump and his team are free to spread lies that evidence where planted by the FBI without having to back that up in court.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It'll be interesting to see what Judge Dearie says about this, if he says anything at all. And there is still DOJ, but I'm not sure don't know they can do anything either.

For now Trump and his team are free to spread lies that evidence where planted by the FBI without having to back that up in court.
Maybe he can appeal this too?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe he can appeal this too?
I did see a reference that DOJ can appeal. The Special Master has no standing. I truly hope DOJ does. 11th circuit seems disinclined to humor this particular judge and her kowtowing to Trump.

Besides, It clearly is pertinent to the legal conversation.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I did see a reference that DOJ can appeal. The Special Master has no standing. I truly hope DOJ does. 11th circuit seems disinclined to humor this particular judge and her kowtowing to Trump.

Besides, It clearly is pertinent to the legal conversation.
Yep, that is what I really meant, DOJ as they did the first appeal.
Flash news! DOJ did appeal to the 11th on an expedited basis.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, that is what I really meant, DOJ as they did the first appeal.
Flash news! DOJ did appeal to the 11th on an expedited basis.
Judge Cannon is really out of control. It will be interesting to see how the 11th Circuit reacts.

But, the 11th Circuit can only decide the particular legal issue that’s been appealed. It appears to me that the DOJ appealed narrowly on the issue of the schedule.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Judge Cannon is really out of control. It will be interesting to see how the 11th Circuit reacts.

But, the 11th Circuit can only decide the particular legal issue that’s been appealed. It appears to me that the DOJ appealed narrowly on the issue of the schedule.
Especially considering judge cannon (deliberate lower case) was not qualified in the first place?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Not surprisingly, Trump is opposing the DOJ's request to expedite it's appeal. This a three-pronged strategy: delay, delay, and more delay.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
While Trump seeks to delay, delay and delay, there is also time for more details being leaked by people around him (now and/or then).

>>>Former president Donald Trump asked one of his lawyers [Cannon] to tell the National Archives and Records Administration in early 2022 that Trump had returned all materials requested by the agency, but the lawyer declined because he was not sure the statement was true, according to people familiar with the matter.

Trump himself eventually packed the boxes that were returned in January, people familiar with the matter said. The former president seemed determined in February to declare that all material sought by the archives had been handed over, said the people, who like others interviewed for this article spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations.

Around the same time The Washington Post reported that the archives had retrieved documents from Mar-a-Lago, the people said, Trump asked his team to release a statement he had dictated. The statement said Trump had returned “everything” the archives had requested. Trump asked Cannon [the lawyer, not the Trump judge with the same name] to send a similar message to archives officials, the people said. In addition, the former president told his aides that the documents in the boxes were “newspaper clippings” and not relevant to the archives, two of these people said, and complained that the agency charged with tracking government records was being persnickety about securing the materials from his Florida club.

But Cannon, a former Trump Organization lawyer who worked for the campaign and for Trump after the presidency, told Trump he could not tell the archives all the requested material had been returned. He told others he was not sure if other documents were still at the club and would be uncomfortable making such a claim, the people familiar with the matter said. Other Trump advisers also encouraged Cannon not to make such a definitive statement, people familiar with the matter said.

The Feb. 7 statement Trump dictated was never released over concerns by some of his team that it was not accurate, people familiar with the matter said. A different statement issued three days later said Trump had given boxes of materials to the archives in a “friendly” manner. It did not say that all of the materials were handed over.

Attempts to get Trump’s representatives to falsely state he had no presidential records in his possession could serve as evidence that he was intentionally and knowingly withholding documents. And if Trump continued to pressure aides to make false statements even after learning the Justice Department was involved in retrieving the documents, authorities could see those efforts as an attempt to obstruct their investigation. …<<<

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And, another helping of delay coming right up:

>>>WASHINGTON — Former President Donald J. Trump asked the Supreme Court on Tuesday to intervene in the litigation over documents marked as classified that the F.B.I. removed from his Florida estate, saying that an appeals court had lacked jurisdiction to rule on the matter. . .

The new filing was largely technical, saying that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, in Atlanta, had not been authorized to stay aspects of a trial judge’s order appointing a special master in the case.

“The 11th Circuit lacked jurisdiction to review the special master order, which authorized the review of all materials seized from President Trump’s residence, including documents bearing classification markings,” the application said.<<<

I can't see how Trump can possibly win this. His lawyers are effectively arguing that the District Court judge has absolute power with regards to the SM that cannot be reviewed.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's officially SUPREME: Trump has filed to the Supreme Court. Weighing the request will be none other than Uncle Clarence (again, I give thanks to Samuel L Jackson for that one), whose wife is a well know supporter of THE BIG LIE.
Thomas may well move this consideration to the full court...

Given the issue and his wife's infamous position, Thomas should well recuse himself from this: entirely.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

>>>WASHINGTON — Former President Donald J. Trump asked the Supreme Court on Tuesday to intervene in the litigation over documents marked as classified that the F.B.I. removed from his Florida estate, saying that an appeals court had lacked jurisdiction to rule on the matter. . .

The new filing was largely technical, saying that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, in Atlanta, had not been authorized to stay aspects of a trial judge’s order appointing a special master in the case.

“The 11th Circuit lacked jurisdiction to review the special master order, which authorized the review of all materials seized from President Trump’s residence, including documents bearing classification markings,” the application said.<<<

I can't see how Trump can possibly win this. His lawyers are effectively arguing that the District Court judge has absolute power with regards to the SM that cannot be reviewed.
Ha! Jinx! :)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

I know I said this before, but the antics of Trump's lawyers reek of extreme desperation.

It strongly suggests that there is something REALLY damning in the documents.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis