Mar a Lago raided by FBI

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Let me know when his legal team utters "Oh, yeah?" as a rebuttal.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not that well versed in US cable TV pop culture, so who's the dude?
Pee Wee Herman, played by actor Paul Reubens.
Possibly one of the most annoying characters of the 80s/90s…
But Paul is probably the only guy in Hollywood that kept his hands to himself! :p And he still got in trouble!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Pee Wee Herman, played by actor Paul Reubens.
Possibly one of the most annoying characters of the 80s/90s…
But Paul is probably the only guy in Hollywood that kept his hands to himself! :p And he still got in trouble!
And then we progressed into a new millennium and got Clippy. :rolleyes:

1663945847815.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know, I haven't watched it.
You don't have to watch as there are links in this thread as well. Essentially Team Trump is finding out in court, with their own choice of judge, that they are actually required to present evidence, even for statements made by the team and Trump outside of the court. As an example.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Not quite…
But I heard he was going to add another team member:
He really should bring in some heavyweight legal talent, namely, the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

1663959962707.png

As far as I know, he's never lost a case.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is curious. Kise appeared to be one of the more qualified of Trump's lawyers. This is pure speculation on my part, but I can't help but wonder if Trump was pressuring him to do something stupid or unethical and he pushed back.

>>>The newest addition to former President Donald Trump’s legal team, Chris Kise, has been sidelined from the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation less than a month after he was brought on to represent Trump in the matter, two sources familiar with the move tell CNN. . . . The reason for the shift in Kise’s role remains unclear and he may instead focus his efforts on the other investigations Trump is facing, which range from his business practices to the January 6 insurrection.<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When you read about a Trump lawyer the chances are that (s)he is a sleazeball, will become one in service of Trump, or find an exit as quick as possible one way or another.

The latest publicly known "exit" is Chris Kise, the former solicitor general for Florida , lasting less than a month but had the good sense of requiring an upfront $3 million funding for his services. That one did some reading about Trumps penchant for stiffing people, lawyers included, I guess.

Now Chris Kise is not so "involved".

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is curious. Kise appeared to be one of the more qualified of Trump's lawyers. This is pure speculation on my part, but I can't help but wonder if Trump was pressuring him to do something stupid or unethical and he pushed back.

>>>The newest addition to former President Donald Trump’s legal team, Chris Kise, has been sidelined from the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation less than a month after he was brought on to represent Trump in the matter, two sources familiar with the move tell CNN. . . . The reason for the shift in Kise’s role remains unclear and he may instead focus his efforts on the other investigations Trump is facing, which range from his business practices to the January 6 insurrection.<<<

I know it's been joked about before with the Make Attorneys Get Attorneys quip, but Trump does seem to think that his legal team should be like kamikaze drones to be deployed in his best interest, if if it results in the professional suicide of said lawyer.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I know it's been joked about before with the Make Attorneys Get Attorneys quip, but Trump does seem to think that his legal team should be like kamikaze drones to be deployed in his best interest, if if it results in the professional suicide of said lawyer.
I'm not sure if Trump has ever done this, but there have been situations in which a client sued his former lawyers for malpractice and lost, and then hired new malpractice lawyers to sue the first malpractice layers for malpractice.

Representing sh*tty clients can be a dog eat dog eat dog world.

It's a world I avoid.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well trained by Cohn....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The DOJ asked the SM for a delay because no vendors are willing to work with Trump:

>>>Plaintiff informed us this morning that none of the five document-review vendors proposed by
the government before last Tuesday’s preliminary conference were willing to be engaged by
Plaintiff.<<<

I've never heard of this.
He is kinda famous for shorting folk on bills....or avoiding payment altogether.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis