Maine’s top election official removes Trump from 2024 primary ballot

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Must disagree here. Ancient Greek democracy ideal. Only adult male citizens could vote, no women. And, of course, they also had slaves.

I'll take the democracy we have over any other system in existence today.
Don't forget that women couldn't vote here either for a few hundred years....even though the Constitution declared equality...sort of.
And male voters here had slaves for plenty of voting years.
This has always been a Democracy of Deception.

jinjuku

jinjuku

No, the point I was making is that not only did Trump voters not learn a lesson between elections, an additional 10 million didn't either.
And he STILL isn't the sitting President. Voting worked.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Don't forget that women couldn't vote here either for a few hundred years....even though the Constitution declared equality...sort of.
And male voters here had slaves for plenty of voting years.
This has always been a Democracy of Deception.
Neither of those conditions prevail today though.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Voting doesn't work...rigging the system does

Clinton 65,853,625 votes (48.0%)
Trump 62,985,106 votes (45.9%)
While I appreciate your concern about the system, the electoral college - as I understand it - was ostensibly created in order to avoid the "tyranny of the majority"*. However, its "fairness" hinges on society subscribing to political/legal philosophies that are contained within certain boundaries. Those boundaries have been steadily expanded in recent years.

*Like two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

jinjuku

jinjuku

And his voters STILL didn't learn anything.

See? I can do that too.
I said voters. You just now moved the goal posts (expected) and now pivoted to 'his' voters. We have a winner take all approach here.

Now some of his voters are sitting behind bars for 2-3 years and they most likely still won't learn anything. You can't fix stupid sometimes ;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Voting doesn't work...rigging the system does

Clinton 65,853,625 votes (48.0%)
Trump 62,985,106 votes (45.9%)
Yep, because only two numbers describe how voting works in this country... You're ignorance, flat earthing, and platitudes is just sad.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Yep, because only two numbers describe how voting works in this country... You're ignorance, flat earthing, and platitudes is just sad.
I think it's about time you were removed from these forums.
Check your grammar on the sentence with the personal insults. Two glaring mistakes.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I said voters. You just now moved the goal posts (expected) and now pivoted to 'his' voters. We have a winner take all approach here.

Now some of his voters are sitting behind bars for 2-3 years and they most likely still won't learn anything. You can't fix stupid sometimes ;)
Moved the goal posts? Not really, just being more specific. I can stick with just 'voters' if it makes you happy.

If you're looking for a gotcha, this smacks of desperation.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
While I appreciate your concern about the system, the electoral college - as I understand it - was ostensibly created in order to avoid the "tyranny of the majority"*. However, its "fairness" hinges on society subscribing to political/legal philosophies that are contained within certain boundaries. Those boundaries have been steadily expanded in recent years.

*Like two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Wasn't it during the time when only men and landowners could vote? Landowners were worried of being overrun by non-landowners. Outnumbered by the minority.
Didn't read this yet but will:
The Founders and the Vote | The Right to Vote | Elections | Classroom Materials at the Library of Congress | Library of Congress (loc.gov)
Electoral College History | National Archives

telling:
"The Founding Fathers established the Electoral College in the Constitution, in part, as a compromise between the election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens. "

pps:
not sure if free black males could vote. Indians certainly could not.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
"The Founding Fathers established the Electoral College in the Constitution, in part, as a compromise between the election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens. "
The Founding Fathers were pretty much the MAGA of the day (most of them, not all)...for every good idea they had, there were 10 or so that were crafted into the Constitution to suit their own twisted purposes.
I sure have Zero respect for the long dead fools.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The Founding Fathers were pretty much the MAGA of the day (most of them, not all)...for every good idea they had, there were 10 or so that were crafted into the Constitution to suit their own twisted purposes.
Sign of the times. ;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Pretty much everything in the 1700's was a quagmire. Let me know what country/culture was the utopia back then :rolleyes:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
We'll wait and see what the argument before the Supreme Court is. If SCOTUS comes back and say's that Congress has to hear this then that is the due process.
Ah, yes, the ever popular Humpty Dumpty approach. Declare that words mean what you say they mean, then declare victory.

>>>‘When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean–neither more nor less.’

‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean different things–that’s all.’

‘The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master–that’s all’<<<

Your statements are directly contrary to Trump's arguments in the petition for cert, but hey, knock yourself out.

From Trumps petition: "President Trump falls outside the scope of section 3. Second, the Colorado Supreme Court erred in how it described President Trump’s role in the events of January 6, 2021. It was not “insurrection” and President Trump in no way “engaged” in “insurrection.” Third, the proceedings in the Colorado Supreme Court were premature and violated the Electors Clause. Finally, there are many other grounds for reversal . . . "

The petition is is actually quite well written. Which is another way of saying it was not written by you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis