Maine’s top election official removes Trump from 2024 primary ballot

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump's lawyers didn't even argue that there was a 5th Amendment issue.

Perhaps you should call them and let them in on your magnificent discovery of the 5th Amendment.
If there hasn't been a conviction than I say he stays on the ballot.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Or just not in the weird universe you find yourself dwelling in. Seriously, this is the first time I've ever heard "bright line" and doubt since you spout it that it's particularly important or relevant.
You didn't know he's a well-renowned legal scholar of the highest dignity and respect? ;)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Was it learned though?
Is he currently in office?
That is not an answer to my question.
Since you've been a bit too busy pissing into the wind to actually answer my question, I'll answer it for you. Trump received over 10 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016. So, that would suggest that the lesson was certainly not learned by those most in need of learning it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well...Only on Audioholics can one of the moderators be an asshat and interact/insult forum users.
One of the reasons we love this place !! :) :) :) :)
I wasn't the one that started throwing the toys Chuck.
The difference being that you are, indeed, a moderator. If you want to go into the trenches and duke it out, you may want to consider stepping down from that position.

jinjuku

jinjuku

14th is a qualification to run in the first place and he lost the privilege of running without a trial and if convicted.
Sorry but this isn't as cut and dry as you are making this to sound. You can swing away at it all you want but this is a constitutional case that is going to end up in front of SCOTUS.

All I can do is shrug at this point. Dude, it is what it is.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The difference being that you are, indeed, a moderator. If you want to go into the trenches and duke it out, you may want to consider stepping down from that position.
Why is the relationship allowed to be asymmetric? It's the steam vent, I'm volunteer, and my response was reciprocal to an ad hominem attack.

Don't start anything and there won't be anything. But some have seen fit to take the gloves off. I feel obliged.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Trump's lawyers didn't even argue that there was a 5th Amendment issue.

Perhaps you should call them and let them in on your magnificent discovery of the 5th Amendment.
We'll wait and see what the argument before the Supreme Court is. If SCOTUS comes back and say's that Congress has to hear this then that is the due process.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Since you've been a bit too busy pissing into the wind to actually answer my question, I'll answer it for you. Trump received over 10 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016. So, that would suggest that the lesson was certainly not learned by those most in need of learning it.
AND.... He's STILL not a sitting president. Move onto a point if you actually have one. Voting worked.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You didn't know he's a well-renowned legal scholar of the highest dignity and respect? ;)
Someone brought up age and citizenship restrictions and tried correlating those to 'participated in an insurrection'.

I pointed out where one most likely required a conviction and another are bright line rules. You numb nutz in your fervor made fun of the fact that you thought I was making up 'bright line' proving your overall ignorance while at it.

Please keep going at it. It's like tossing kittens around here for me.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Why is the relationship allowed to be asymmetric? It's the steam vent, I'm volunteer, and my response was reciprocal to an ad hominem attack.

Don't start anything and there won't be anything. But some have seen fit to take the gloves off. I feel obliged.
As a moderator, it places you in a conflict-of-interest.

For example, in another thread that you started, you deleted another member's post because you didn't like it (for whatever reason that I don't care about), which is not a privilege granted to other members. Sure, we can submit a complaint about a post to a moderator, but we don't get to be defence, prosecution, judge and jury.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Most here want the same thing: Trump not re-elected. We are disagreeing on the current, proper mechanism.

If SCOTUS will uphold or decline to hear the Colorado ballot ban then I'm good to go. If SCOTUS hears it and the reverse it then we are onto the vote of the people.

I think it's a bigger problem if the CO and NH ballot measures are a potential end run around voters. Sorry if it bugs you that I see it that way...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
As a moderator, it places you in a conflict-of-interest.

For example, in another thread that you started, you deleted another member's post because you didn't like it (for whatever reason that I don't care about), which is not a privilege granted to other members. Sure, we can submit a complaint about a post to a moderator, but we don't get to be defence, prosecution, judge and jury.
No the post were deleted after a private warning to not thread crap.
Missing (or avoiding) the point again.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I'm not a fan of Democracy myself.....or at least what passes as Democracy in the modern world.
When the Greeks invented Democracy, it probably didn't occur to them that one side could gain the upper hand by simply lying about everything. They had morals back then, and they didn't have Fox.

Every vote ever cast for Trump is a is a testament to stupidity. But, this is an extremely stupid country.
Oh...Trumpy is in the thick of things again this morning.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Most here want the same thing: Trump not re-elected. We are disagreeing on the current, proper mechanism.

If SCOTUS will uphold or decline to hear the Colorado ballot ban then I'm good to go. If SCOTUS hears it and the reverse it then we are onto the vote of the people.

I think it's a bigger problem if the CO and NH ballot measures are a potential end run around voters. Sorry if it bugs you that I see it that way...
Nobody in this thread has argued that Trump should be denied his day in court. Nor do Colorado or Maine. From the CNN article in the OP:

Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows paused her decision pending a potential appeal in state court, which Trump’s team said they intend to file.
In her decision, Bellows leaned on the Colorado Supreme Court ruling, which has also been paused while the appeals process plays out.
The Maine Secretary of State and Colorado SC made decisions within their respective purviews. The decisions have been put on hold, pending appeals, so there is no end run around voters. You're tilting at windmills. And, nobody else here is butthurt or bugged, except you.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not a fan of Democracy myself.....or at least what passes as Democracy in the modern world.
When the Greeks invented Democracy, it probably didn't occur to them that one side could gain the upper hand by simply lying about everything. They had morals back then, and they didn't have Fox.

Every vote ever cast for Trump is a is a testament to stupidity. But, this is an extremely stupid country.
Oh...Trumpy is in the thick of things again this morning.

Must disagree here. Ancient Greek democracy ideal. Only adult male citizens could vote, no women. And, of course, they also had slaves.

I'll take the democracy we have over any other system in existence today.

‘Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’

Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis