Logic and Alan Dershowitz

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm clearly in the minority in this thread and am not going to change anyone's viewpoints here, nor will you change mine with your moral or religious arguments.
When have you seen me argue on religious grounds?

highfigh

highfigh

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but god isn't a big fan of the unborn. Stillborn fetuses, major deformaties in fetuses, miscarriages; god is pretty metal. The vast majority of fertilized eggs do not make it to actual birth. God is ruthless, and we owe it to god to be just as ruthless.
We owe it to god (or anyone) to be ruthless? Why? In a life or death situation, it can help someone survive, but on a daily basis, there's no need to be a lord helmet.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Did you think you'd be alone in hell? :D
No, I think I'll be in good company. According to Catholic teachings, I'll be with people who aren't sorry for saying god damn or poop instead of murderers and rapists who are "sorry" for what they've done.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
When have you seen me argue on religious grounds?
Yours are still of the moral variety. You're one of the few I've seen who asks what they could have become. Think the flip side as well for a moment. What will their life be if they are being born unwanted? Into poverty? Into a family without the means to care for them?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
We owe it to god (or anyone) to be ruthless? Why? In a life or death situation, it can help someone survive, but on a daily basis, there's no need to be a lord helmet.
The universe is a cold and foreboding place, highfigh, and only those with a ruthless disposition will survive. Weakness must be purged from our species; that is the decree from heaven, and it is a sacred mandate that you must obey else you shall be crushed like so much debris in the flood of nature's mistakes. It takes an iron will to withstand the punishing cost of survival, yet you foster weakness with your peasant's morality! Break the chains of these slave mores imposed upon you by the wretches of society, and forge swords out of the broken pieces to become a master of your own destiny!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I was trying to get to this, but he doesn't want to talk to me any more. Not to mention that if you're Catholic, you think that unbaptized fetuses/miscarriages don't even go to heaven. That doesn't seem very loving to me.
Yeah, that limbo thing was really stupid ! As a matter of fact, it no longer exists in the Catholic religion. That was part of silly rules in addition to those controlling Catholics' sex life, such as birth control etc. where they don't have any f'king business in.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yeah, that limbo thing was really stupid ! As a matter of fact, it no longer exists in the Catholic religion. That was part of silly rules in addition to those controlling Catholics' sex life, such as birth control etc. where they don't have any f'king business in.
How else could they increase their flock if not through endless births uninhibited.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The universe is a cold and foreboding place, highfigh, and only those with a ruthless disposition will survive. Weakness must be purged from our species; that is the decree from heaven, and it is a sacred mandate that you must obey else you shall be crushed like so much debris in the flood of nature's mistakes. It takes an iron will to withstand the punishing cost of survival, yet you foster weakness with your peasant's morality! Break the chains of these slave mores imposed upon you by the wretches of society, and forge swords out of the broken pieces to become a master of your own destiny!
When you compose posts like this, are you sober? Inquiring minds and all that rot.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's odd that atheists are such experts on God. I believe in God but all I really know is that I'm not suppose to f^%& anybody over. Well, I'm suppose to love my neighbor but, you know ... I'm working on it.

Why is it that women alone decide whether to abort or collect child support? Shouldn't the other 50% of DNA get an equal say in whether the child lives? How are paternal custody and adoption not preferable options?

Arguing that Papal decrees represent Christian views is an error. It's like arguing that legal is right.

If you do not believe in the unborn baby's right to life then I there is no conversation I want to have with you.
Luke 5:32

Acts 8:1

God didn't give up on Saul and you shouldn't give up on these infidels. :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
When I started this thread, I wanted to vent about the GOP senators who turned the impeachment trial of Donald Trump into a sham. That subject has played out. Once that happens on AH, thread scavengers often feel free to take over. As they have here.

I never intended this to morph into a spit ball fight over abortion, other Catholic doctrines, or other religious beliefs. This thread is about my anger at the shameless hypocrites who are in political power. While I may or may not agree with @sterling shoote and his opinions, I have no intention at insulting his religious faith. That's his business, and his business alone. I wish he had not brought the subject up as it has nothing to do with Trump's illegal actions or the attempt to impeach him.

At the same time, Mr. Shoote, please remember, the US Constitution strictly prohibits any laws, federal or local, that establish a dominant national religion, or favor one religion over another. It's as important to me as freedom of speech and political opinion. I've believe in that strongly enough to have spent 4 years in uniform defending those freedoms. I won't insult your religious beliefs, if you respect my strongly held beliefs.

For many years, the Catholic Church has sought to make it's doctrines become US law. This would include laws against abortion as well as laws that seek federal or state funding of parochial schools. This would step on our Constitution. If you can figure out how to establish laws that don't defy the 1st Amendment, more power to you. But calling people murderers or sinners, if they disagree with Catholic doctrine, isn't successful. I think you already know that, as I doubt if you would have started a new thread on abortion.

As for the others who joined in since sterling shoote spoke up, CUT IT OUT.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

They got rid of limbo? Oh, what's the point????????????????????????? :)

highfigh

highfigh

Yours are still of the moral variety. You're one of the few I've seen who asks what they could have become. Think the flip side as well for a moment. What will their life be if they are being born unwanted? Into poverty? Into a family without the means to care for them?
And that's why I think people should not become pregnant if they can't support the kids. They pound kids out like cookies and then, do nothing to guide them through life. Life is terrible for many of these unwanted kids, at best. If they don't want the kids, they can always be given up for adoption- those who want kids but can't would love the opportunity and the kids would benefit from a better life.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If they don't want or can't afford kids, they shouldn't become pregnant in the first place. That's not as difficult as many think.
That sounds well and good as I read it from my computer at 61 years old. But I bet if we did a test of 16 to 25 year old men with no condom in their pocket with a hot little thing rubbing up against them and I'm betting we would see at least a 75% "fail" rate among men (assuming the girl did not make an issue of it). You cannot ignore nature/hormones when you say it is not difficult.
There have been studies where adolescents are fully educated on the consequences yet still do not hesitate to engage in risky sexual behavior (and I'm talking the majority).
That is a known reality!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
God? Loving? Pfsh! God is cruel beyond all measure. Look at the state of the world since the beginning of time: conflict and chaos reigns. God despises his earthly creations, and rightfully so! And if people were totally honest with themselves, they would acknowledge the fact that they couldn't respect a loving god anyway. A true god would inspire fear all the way down to the core of your being; only such an entity is worthy of worship. Your mewling 'loving' god is only a projection of your love for weakness, and the idea of such a god makes me nauseous!
Note to self:
Do not stand near James during lightning storms
... in case he has part of this right and part of it wrong!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
It's odd that atheists are such experts on God.
Firstly, if you're a religious person, you would say that nobody is an expert on god, as we can't possibly understand him.

Secondly, I spent 12 years in Catholic school. I'm not an expert, but I know plenty about the doctrine and beliefs.

For many years, the Catholic Church has sought to make it's doctrines become US law. This would include laws against abortion as well as laws that seek federal or state funding of parochial schools. This is would step on our Constitution. If you can figure out how to establish laws that don't defy the 1st Amendment, more power to you. But calling people murderers or sinners, if they disagree with Catholic doctrine, isn't successful. I think you already know that, as I doubt if you would have started a new thread on abortion.
100% agree with you here Swerd.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis