Last system I will ever need to own

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Regular residential uses 6'8" doors. Commercial is usually 7'0" and premium office space uses doors in the 8' neighborhood.

I once got to install an entry door of Brazillian Mahogany with what looked like an automobile grade baked on finish. It did have a side light (window) too but the price tag was $7,500. The other carpenter was afraid to unpack it after he saw the price tag. Even though I missed work the day of delivery due to a Trump size hangover (HUGE), they waited for me. I'm kind of proud of that. I installed that entry mostly sober too. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe get a bigger door for the HT. What if you get monster speakers or monster subs? :D
Never even crossed my mind for 1 second. :)

I don't foresee wanting more than five SX-1010 subs in my HT. But if I do, there is always the SV-1212 sub. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Regular residential uses 6'8" doors. Commercial is usually 7'0" and premium office space uses doors in the 8' neighborhood.

I once got to install an entry door of Brazillian Mahogany with what looked like an automobile grade baked on finish. It did have a side light (window) too but the price tag was $7,500. The other carpenter was afraid to unpack it after he saw the price tag. Even though I missed work the day of delivery due to a Trump size hangover (HUGE), they waited for me. I'm kind of proud of that. I installed that entry mostly sober too. :D
I feel good about my 8' doors then. I never thought very much about doors. I guess the architect must love 8' doors. :)

$7500 door is a little too much for me. We went with a $3600 iron door.

I confirmed w/ measurement that all doors are 8FT tall. Here is a pic of the closet to one of the kid's bedroom. The closet is 2.5FT x 8FT.

HT closet is 3FT x 8FT.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
We went with a $3600 iron door.
Pic's when it gets there. There's artistic design stuff going on when you get to that level. I make fun of the artsy fartsy crowd but secretly I admire their work. I don't think I've ever seen an iron door.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Pic's when it gets there. There's artistic design stuff going on when you get to that level. I make fun of the artsy fartsy crowd but secretly I admire their work. I don't think I've ever seen an iron door.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
(Ceiling Rain x 2) + (Wall Standard x 2) Shower heads for Master Bath:

Bidet for the wife. :eek: :D

Looks like all Shingles are installed & roof ventilation pipes painted to match shingle color. :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
There was a time I thought I wanted a Rainshower. Then I experienced one. I'll stick to hand helds, and maybe my 'upgrade' will be to include two of them!

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
There was a time I thought I wanted a Rainshower. Then I experienced one.
Experienced my first Rainshower in a hotel in China. Thought it was cool until I tried to rinse my nether regions. Must have looked like a hippo trying to do yoga or twister in the shower. Got all bent and twisted, and still not sure I got a good rinse in the spots where the sun don't shine. For me, a handheld is preferred too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Experienced my first Rainshower in a hotel in China. Thought it was cool until I tried to rinse my nether regions. Must have looked like a hippo trying to do yoga or twister in the shower. Got all bent and twisted, and still not sure I got a good rinse in the spots where the sun don't shine. For me, a handheld is preferred too.
Yeah, that's why I told the builder I wanted BOTH the Rain + Standard shower heads. :D

I think the Rain Shower is just for fun. But the standard shower is best overall.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I always filter my home water before drinking. Maybe PEX does affect water. :)
I have no idea. I investigated plumbing a while back; there are no perfect answers. I just thought you might find that to be interesting reading.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
French were far ahead of most US "crappers" with the bidet....men or women, no man card involved at all. Just quick clean of important bits.....makes me wonder how a man card works in this case, kinda grosses me out thinking why this isn't acceptable.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
French were far ahead of most US "crappers" with the bidet....men or women, no man card involved at all. Just quick clean of important bits.....makes me wonder how a man card works in this case, kinda grosses me out thinking why this isn't acceptable.
Yep. If you got poop on your face, would you wipe it off with toilet paper and feel clean?

I use baby wipes for now but I want to get toilet/bidet combos some day :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis