Last system I will ever need to own...

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Just tried something. Went into Apple TV settings and did a calibration under wireless/TV audio synchronization. It used my IPhone to sync my audio to my TV. So far its been 38 min and no issues. Also start to time your beginning dropouts and see if they originate after a 21 minute beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Going to try the calibration tomorrow.

The drop outs begin immediately. At the most 5 mins into a song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
So, Apple had me reset the unit and as of now, I've had no cutouts. :confused:

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Heh, a favorite standard fix. Glad it works!

Mine turns out to be the TV CEC sending eARC checks to my unit. They had me move the main HDMI out to a non-ARC HDMI connection. A bug fix is being prepared for early next year. At least I don’t feel like such an investigative failure.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So, Apple had me reset the unit and as of now, I've had no cutouts. :confused:
I hate it when that happens to me bro the problem is fixed but I have no clue how it happened in the first place Lol

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Yeap. Now I spend more time looking for the cutout than listening to music.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
With streamers, they tend to go crazy unless you keep doing the OS updates and reboots. Sometimes even when they don’t have a software update, a reboot still helps. The worst one I own is the 2019 Fire Cube but the 2 Firestick 4k’s and 3 Apple TV 4K’s I own act up too.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I wonder if the Roon Nucleus is the same way.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I wonder if the Roon Nucleus is the same way.

I don't have a nucleus but do have a dedicated core machine. I find the most cutouts are due to the endpoints and not the core. I usually reboot the core after an update and that covers most issues. I use ropieee endpoints and because they are wireless I get an occasional drop. Rebooting the endpoint then seems to fix that.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Roon nucleus connects via ethernet to its servers. It will then connect to your denon via an HDMI cable. It’s possible that cable would be susceptible to faulty dropouts. If later on you change your denon for a roon ready (not just roon tested) it will connect to that unit via ethernet instead of HDMI as well.

BTW, when trouble shooting my drops outs Trinnov recommended that I change to premium high speed “certified” 18 gbs HDMI cables 2-3 meters in length. They arrive today from crutchfield. They did not recommend the 2.1 48 gbs cables yet. They also made a point to stay with cables longer than just 1 meter.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I don't have a nucleus but do have a dedicated core machine. I find the most cutouts are due to the endpoints and not the core. I usually reboot the core after an update and that covers most issues. I use ropieee endpoints and because they are wireless I get an occasional drop. Rebooting the endpoint then seems to fix that.
I've been tempted to start a thread on this. I've always had drop outs with my Rspberry Pi 3 Roon endpoint but they are totally random. It can happen a few minutes into play and other times it plays for an hour without issue. Windows 10 core; the Pi has a USB wireless adapter with HDMI to my Denon AVR. Still happens on occasion after the 1.8 update.

Been thinking of changing to an NVidia Shield but Android does not handle multi-channel audio and you need software that bypasses the OS. Either that or upgrade to a Pi 4. If I force the Pi 3 not to downsample on 5-channel audio, it chokes on the files (stutters badly) so either it can't handle a 5-channel PCM stream or I'm saturating the wifi. The 5-channel files play ok on my PS3 running Plex, but it's network is hardwired.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Now let’s talk about adding on to the last system you will ever need to buy - maybe later down the road. :D

1. Bigger Room
2. Bigger PJ Screen
3. High-power, High-Lumen, Professional Laser Epson PJ
4. Electronics? Most guys would be ecstatic owning the bada$$ Denon X8500. But….

I started my “Last System” thread after I had sold off my Linkwitz Orions, Revel Salon2, B&W 802D2, KEF Reference, Philharmonic 3, etc., and got my RBH Towers of power (SX-T2R).

I still have the same RBH SX-T2s. But the electronics have changed over time and the PJ’s have changed over time. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Now let’s talk about adding on to the last system you will ever need to buy - maybe later down the road. :D

1. Bigger Room
2. Bigger PJ Screen
4. Electronics? Most guys would be ecstatic owning the bada$$ Denon X8500. But….

I started my “Last System” thread after I had sold off my Linkwitz Orions, Revel Salon2, B&W 802D2, KEF Reference, Philharmonic 3, etc., and got my RBH Towers of power (SX-T2R).

I still have the same RBH SX-T2s. But the electronics have changed over time and the PJ’s have changed over time. :D
IT NEVER STOPS!!!! :eek: :D

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Funny things is, when I read that list those speakers would be end game for a lot of people. I would love to have a pair of Revel Salon 2. My "last system" usually involves getting a bigger house first!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
IT NEVER STOPS!!!! :eek: :D
Definitely can’t predict the future. And probably impossible to stop changes. :D

All I know is, once you are completely happy with your AUDIO system, the shift goes to your VIDEO system. Why?

1. HT is both Audio and Video
2. Homeostasis is the natural order of life

We may never fully “stop”. But once we reach equilibrium, the changes will be a lot less. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Funny things is, when I read that list those speakers would be end game for a lot of people. I would love to have a pair of Revel Salon 2. My "last system" usually involves getting a bigger house first!
A Custom House would be ideal. But for most people, that’s just not happening. So usually the next best thing is the custom ADD-ON HT room.

My previous house had a large backyard. My original goal was to add a custom HT room to the house. Next thing I knew we were building a 5500 SF Custom house. :eek:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sure getting speakers you like and staying “in love” with them is a big part of the battle.

Also “system for life” might be different depending how long you plan to live. Hoping to live another 40 years or more so I’m sure all my gear will be upgraded every 10 to 15 years. What will Dolby do next after Atmos? Or DTS? I’m sure they will do something new at some point in the next 5 to 10 years.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Sure getting speakers you like and staying “in love” with them is a big part of the battle.

Also “system for life” might be different depending how long you plan to live. Hoping to live 40 more years or more so I’m sure all my gear will be upgraded every 10 to 15 years. What will Dolby do next after Atmos? Or DTS? I’m sure they will do something new at some point in the next 5 to 10 years.
You're right. Might be better to say, "Last Speakers I will ever need to own". I just can't see getting speakers that will sound better than these do, at least to me... :)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic

1. Bigger Room
2. Bigger PJ Screen

Electronics..... you already know what I think....but definitely for now I'll be staying put. How long though, who knows.;) Going to start working on the bigger room and remodel of the house. I know ATI is taking it's sweet time with the processor so I'm good for now... :).The rest will wait for the new room...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
A Custom House would be ideal. But for most people, that’s just not happening. So usually the next best thing is the custom ADD-ON HT room.

My previous house had a large backyard. My original goal was to add a custom HT room to the house. Next thing I knew we were building a 5500 SF Custom house. :eek:
Hind sight is 20-20 as they say. I had an opportunity to by a wooded lot north east of town years ago and I'm kicking myself to this day for not jumping at the chance. Lot prices have skyrocketed here. My rec-room is in an addition, but we're on a narrow lot so it's not as large as I would have liked. Still considering a possible move. The longer we keep having to delay our vacations abroad the more money we get to squirrel away for bigger projects.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis