Last system I will ever need to own...

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Assignable for each set of channels, as in variable x-over points, right? H/K use to have that. It was actually a feather in their cap. I too would like that feature back.
Yes. I miss that. Now if I wanted to use the Wavelet with another system in the house, I’d have to send it to Legacy to get it changed. Mind you, it has the menus grayed out on the web display so I assumed they just lock it down to force you to send it to them $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I used the Denon A110 with HEOS App using Amazon but changed to Tidal which allows better function than Amazon. Then purchased a roon nucleus using HDMI to the Denon and all my troubles went away.

Again such a gorgeous wall of speakers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was entertaining that route. Can you play Atmos tracks through the Nucleus?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I was entertaining that route. Can you play Atmos tracks through the Nucleus?

I do not believe roon supports atmos yet. My understanding is I can only use the Tidal app on my Apple TV 4K which is downsampled to 48hz. Sigh. But I am enjoying the auromatic upmixer for music.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Yes. I just bought that Apple TV 4k for the Atmos music. It's crazy that there isn't a one-box stop that can do all of these formats. And this Apple TV is bothering me already with music cutting in and out for a few seconds. Do you have any of those problems?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes. I just bought that Apple TV 4k for the Atmos music. It's crazy that there isn't a one-box stop that can do all of these formats. And this Apple TV is bothering me already with music cutting in and out for a few seconds. Do you have any of those problems?
I have an apple 4k so far no audio drop outs but every now and then it gets a Lil bit glitchy. Not all the time like once in awhile it won't do the HDMI handshake with my Yamaha and Ill have to turn it off and then back on stuff like that. It's rare but it does happen

Maybe yours is doing the same thing?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I have an apple 4k so far no audio drop outs but every now and then it gets a Lil bit glitchy. Not all the time like once in awhile it won't do the HDMI handshake with my Yamaha and Ill have to turn it off and then back on stuff like that. It's rare but it does happen

Maybe yours is doing the same thing?
It's not the handshake. The image never goes out or glitches. Only the sound cuts out. Doesn't matter if it's an Atmos track or a regular lossless track. Like in one song it'll do it about 4 or 5 times.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Yes mine too does occasional audio drop outs from HDMI handshake problems. I had it fixed for awhile but then the Control4 install restarted it all over again. I can unplug everything and restart but there is no lasting effect. My out of necessity fix was to use the LG C9’s smart apps and then eARC the signal back to the AVR. That then seemed to have solved the issue for not only the Apple but also the Oppo 203 and Roku Ultra. All fixed.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Control4 install required ethernet. Before it was Wi-Fi, but I do have 1 gig service and a downstairs airmesh node.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Right now I'm using WiFi and have the 1 gig service as well. I just ordered an ethernet cable and going to try it to see if it improves.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I do not pretend to understand the multiple issues involved with HDCP, HDMI, CEC and EID cross contaminations. Been reading a bunch and the inevitable recommendations are power cycle and change your turnon sequence to TV, then AVR, then source. If all else fails buy an appropriate HDMI fury product. Not ready to give up yet.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Right now I'm using WiFi and have the 1 gig service as well. I just ordered an ethernet cable and going to try it to see if it improves.
All my stuff is hard wired not wifi they say it's just so much better and stable and I've noticed that as well. I may have some rare hiccups with the Apple TV but I never have issues streaming anything I used to in my old systems with Wifi and not ethernet connection

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I get the cable today so we shall see….Hopefully that fixes the issue. If it doesn’t it’s going back. I hate every time it cuts out.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I get the cable today so we shall see….Hopefully that fixes the issue. If it doesn’t it’s going back. I hate every time it cuts out.

Can you plug it directly into the TV instead to see if that fixes it? Might just be the path through the 8500 not syncing. Mine did it with all sources for any audio. Internal TV apps back via eARC worked and seemed to resync all thus eliminating drop outs.
Oh wait, you have a projector, huh?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Yea. Unfortunately the projector is in the back of the room.

If I plug it into the PJ, through e-arc, will it still send Atmos signals and pass through the lossless music?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Yea. Unfortunately the projector is in the back of the room.

If I plug it into the PJ, through e-arc, will it still send Atmos signals and pass through the lossless music?

Atmos movies/TV yes—streaming music probably not yet. The capability exists but the implementation just hasn’t caught up yet.

Because you have the Denon 8500 have you tried the auro 3d music upmixer yet? I find it quite impressive and will likely really sound nice on you nirvana speakers.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Atmos movies/TV yes—streaming music probably not yet. The capability exists but the implementation just hasn’t caught up yet.

Because you have the Denon 8500 have you tried the auro 3d music upmixer yet? I find it quite impressive and will likely really sound nice on you nirvana speakers.

Just tried with the Ethernet cable plugged in and it’s still cutting out. I’m returning the unit and waiting for something that works better.

The Auro3D doesn’t come up. Only Auro2D. Might be my speaker layout. I don’t have a VOG speaker.

Is the Nucleus hardware or soft water limited on the Atmos playback?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Just tried with the Ethernet cable plugged in and it’s still cutting out. I’m returning the unit and waiting for something that works better.

The Auro3D doesn’t come up. Only Auro2D. Might be my speaker layout. I don’t have a VOG speaker.

Is the Nucleus hardware or soft water limited on the Atmos playback?

Hmmm, you don’t need VOG for Denon Auro 3d. You have heights? That would be a minimum. Of course your awesome wall is probably higher than some peoples’ heights.

I believe the nucleus is just software limited—it is basically an intel computer. Roon has a very robust community and forum. The nucleus uses ethernet to acquire steaming sources from Tidal and Qobuz. Your denon would connect via one of its two HDMI outs. It worked well when i was using the Denon A110. But we may have to wait on Atmos music for awhile.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Forgot to mention Apple has to have one of the world’s best customer support organizations. They also have very little wait time for call backs. They can probably answer or get the right answer to help. I called with a naive issue regarding my new Apple 4K and they resolved it.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Just tried something. Went into Apple TV settings and did a calibration under wireless/TV audio synchronization. It used my IPhone to sync my audio to my TV. So far its been 38 min and no issues. Also start to time your beginning dropouts and see if they originate after a 21 minute beginning.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis