darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I have a couple of his discs. Bass Mekanik is best though.
I remember when I was a punk kid in high school, and just wanted as loud a stereo as I could cram in my car, DJ Magic Mike was the artist of choice for testing subs.

M

markalmighty

Audiophyte
The movie Heat had some very interesting moments in terms of sound. In particular, on the intro when the train is coming, the shootout scenes and the airport scen in the end all sound great!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall

When the machine God speaks, your subwoofer will listen.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
You can use your truck stereo to listen to the soundtrack at the drive-in?:confused: This shows me how long it has been since I last went to one (and how old I am getting.:() The last time I was at a drive-in, the sound came from those awful little squawk-boxes outside the car windows.
.....or if it was broadcast over the radio...it was AM. Even if it was FM, I don't think they can transmit any real LFE. Lots of mid-bass yes.....but not the really low stuff.

I think the original question being asked at the beginning of this thread has become irrelevant. You can pretty much count on lots of LFE in every new movie if it has any action/adventure components.

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
.....or if it was broadcast over the radio...it was AM. Even if it was FM, I don't think they can transmit any real LFE. Lots of mid-bass yes.....but not the really low stuff.

I think the original question being asked at the beginning of this thread has become irrelevant. You can pretty much count on lots of LFE in every new movie if it has any action/adventure components.
Nope it's FM and I don't know if they transmit real LFE or not. But what I do know is the bass just pounds. One of the more heavy bass movies (I saw at the drive-in) was Monster House.

S

SamW

Enthusiast
My new favorite bass movie.

Okay I just finished watching "Live Free or Die Hard" on my system and it's my new favorite for bass.

First it was ever so entertaining to me...but the two scenes I just kept watching over and over as I got so much rumbling were when the bad guys redirected all the country's gas lines into one location and the place blew up(with multiple gigantic explosions). And the other was nearer the end when the Jet Airplane attacked the semi truck and everthing from the bridge fell to the actual plane - now that was a great bass sequence!

J

jgatzka

Audiophyte
The Polar Express

My son was watching The Polar Express, and when the train comes down the boy's street near the beginning of the movie the sub really gets a workout....check it out, it's a really good family movie too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nope it's FM and I don't know if they transmit real LFE or not. But what I do know is the bass just pounds. One of the more heavy bass movies (I saw at the drive-in) was Monster House.
That has nothing to do with what they are broadcasting, the movie has a ton of bass period.

Yep, Live Free or Die Hard had some decent bass in a few scenes, but I didn't really like the movie. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Ask Seth about "Resident Evil: Apocalypse". :D

Really "killer bass" :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I need to rewatch Resident Evil: Apocalypse, I saw it but I must have been drinking during it cause I don't remember any of it. I can't wait for Extinction to come out on DVD. I just added it bluray version and SD version to my Blockbuster queue.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I need to rewatch Resident Evil: Apocalypse, I saw it but I must have been drinking during it cause I don't remember any of it. I can't wait for Extinction to come out on DVD. I just added it bluray version and SD version to my Blockbuster queue.
RE Extinction was really really FUN and COOL to watch. I absolutely loved it. Thank goodness it's SONY so you can bet it's going to be PCM or TrueHD, instead of DTS-MA!:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched The Frighteners last night on HD DVD. It isn't the deepest bass, but the mix was pretty hot and the bass was plentiful. In particular, the scenes with "the light", the bass was a lot of fun.

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
I have a killer SVS sub, and have listend to this movie in several audio formats, and have yet to hear any spectacular bass from this scene.
I watched Apollo 13 (again) last night.

The only knock = the liftoff scene didn't last long enough

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
This topic has been quiet for a while! :eek:

Just watched RE: Extinction on DVD. Weee, that was fun! I missed it in theater. Talk about a LOUD movie!!! I had to watch it 10dB lower than reference and I still felt bad for my neighbor in some section.

The flame thrower scene shook nicely...

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Underworld has some killer bass through out the whole movie.
My neighbors called the law on me because of the bass in that movie :eek: on a different note this isnt a bass movie, but i have found that the movie Gladiator has some pretty good sound in it. Dantes Peak was impressive too.

Peace,
Tommy

B

BamaLAB

Enthusiast
You mentioned Transformers. My favorite scene on my system to date is when Ironhide (I think) is driving through the streets and transforms. He uses his cannons to propel himself into a flip over a screaming lady. The bass was so strong that things in my house were rattling and I could feel it in my chest.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I know I'm a little late to the party with this but I have to give props to Serenity. I just got a HSU and I've been trying out various things. Serenity has some room shaking scenes like when the ship's engines fire. I felt grenades go off, too. Pretty cool.

Jim

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
I would add Cloverfield for sure to the list of bass movies, probably some of the most I have felt in awhile.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis