avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
How is that movie? it looks... eh... well... different?
Its a really good movie actually. The sound on the DVD version was GREAT as was the PQ if I remember correctly. If you can get over subtitles the story is very engulfing. As soon as it hits BD it is a must buy for me. Making my fourth BD owned :).

It has a 98 on metacritic.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How is that movie? it looks... eh... well... different?
It is different. Maybe a Rate-R fairytale?:D
The bass took me by surprise. I truly believe that Pan's Labyrinth has more bass than Transformers. The soundtrack just blew me away. Extremely low bass.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Its a really good movie actually. The sound on the DVD version was GREAT as was the PQ if I remember correctly. If you can get over subtitles the story is very engulfing. As soon as it hits BD it is a must buy for me. Making my fourth BD owned :).

It has a 98 on metacritic.
I agree 100%. It is a MUST OWN in any format, especially BD.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I really enjoyed that movie, but it has a few scenes that are pretty intense. Yes, there is some good bass on there.

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
I really enjoyed that movie, but it has a few scenes that are pretty intense. Yes, there is some good bass on there.
Intense?!? That was one of the most disturbing movie I've seen in my (short) adult life!

I love it!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was totally not expecting a few of those scenes...especially since I took my kids to see it. Fortunately they are both older and weren't scarred for life by it. There is no question as to why this movie got that R rating. NOT A KIDS MOVIE.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Polar Express - When the train rolls in for the first time I thought it was coming through my wall.
Star Wars ep1 - The pod races.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith - When they blew up the house.
Serenity - Most of the movie.
The Fifth Element - Several seens.
Cars - When he was tractor tipping.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I forgot about Polar Express. There are a couple of scenes.

That also reminded me of Monster House which has quite a few extreme sub scenes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I threw in Replacement Killers on BD the other night and was quite surprised at the amount of bass on this track. I didn't get to finish it because it was late, but so far the sound is pretty impressive.

Matt34

Matt34

I didn't think I could recommend Transformers as a "killer bass movie". The only time I really "felt" bass was the Optimus/Bonecrusher fight scene.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't think I could recommend Transformers as a "killer bass movie". The only time I really "felt" bass was the Optimus/Bonecrusher fight scene.
I agree. IMO Transformers is not a KILLER BASS movie, not YET. Maybe the TrueHD or PCM version if and when that comes out.:D

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
I watched Children of Men last night, with great expectations of the "tank scene"...

Wow! I like my sub! Good control, very little "boominess". :eek:)

Need more killer bass movies now!

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
I don't know if it's been mentioned but Starship Troopers 2. Very bland movie, but the opening sequence and the rest of the movie is filled with insane bass! The DTS ES track is stunning!

M

Martymilton

Enthusiast
I like to use the launch scene in Apollo 13. This scene also gives the whole surround system a great workout.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I like to use the launch scene in Apollo 13. This scene also gives the whole surround system a great workout.
I have a killer SVS sub, and have listend to this movie in several audio formats, and have yet to hear any spectacular bass from this scene.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
DUDE, the scene where Ironhide does that slow motion flip over that chick?!?!?!? Some of the lowest bass ever!!! I cranked that scene and my wife, who was upstairs, thought we were having another earthquake.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
DUDE, the scene where Ironhide does that slow motion flip over that chick?!?!?!? Some of the lowest bass ever!!! I cranked that scene and my wife, who was upstairs, thought we were having another earthquake.
Watched the single disk DD5.1 DVD. Not a single LFE tremor, not one. There was audible bass, but for pure subwoofer action Transformers disappointed. I had to watch Matrix Revolutions right after to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my SVS.

Result: Neo v. Smith "waterbubble" still vibrates the doorframe. Transformers delivered a cool killer Mountain Dew™ machine but no LFE. :(

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Watched the single disk DD5.1 DVD. Not a single LFE tremor, not one. There was audible bass, but for pure subwoofer action Transformers disappointed. I had to watch Matrix Revolutions right after to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my SVS.

Result: Neo v. Smith "waterbubble" still vibrates the doorframe. Transformers delivered a cool killer Mountain Dew™ machine but no LFE. :(
1 hour 56 minutes.

There is your bass. Even my Velodyne shook me on that scene.. What SVS do you have? SBS-01s?

SheepStar

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Transformers has bass, but in terms of what usually makes a "killer bass movie" it's not going to fit the norm. Aside from the backflip thing (was that by ironhide? I don't remember the names) and maybe a couple other scenes, most of the bass in the movie was much better integrated in to the rest of the audio, unlike so many action movies. So while plenty of LFE exists in it, it doesn't call as much attention to itself.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
1 hour 56 minutes.

There is your bass. Even my Velodyne shook me on that scene.. What SVS do you have? SBS-01s?

SheepStar
What do you get in the early part about 6/8 min in when the two tanks are thrown and dropped? I get a pop, maybe. How about the shock waves that blows out the glass etc?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis