mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I would add Cloverfield for sure to the list of bass movies, probably some of the most I have felt in awhile.
Cloverfield wasn't that loud... but it was constant rumbling. Great effect for that kind of movie.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Beowulf had some deep bass, as I recall, particularly when the dragon first attacks, but throughout as well.

cheers,
supervij

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Cloverfield wasn't that loud... but it was constant rumbling. Great effect for that kind of movie.
Cloverfield really exercised my sub...the booming of the monster footfalls was great. Furniture was moving around in my house.

J

Jake2360

Audiophyte
Good surround movies

Terminator salvation is basically all bass and good surround. Also the road has some good parts like when the trees fall, thunder and the truck in the tunnel. But I was disappointed how weak the bass was when the home tree in avatar fell.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Watched Polar Express on BD last night. Holy cr*p! The scene where the train comes up the kid's street has to be one of the most bass intensive scenes I've ever heard! The walls were shaking! had to turn it down a bit because it was scaring my daughter...:(

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Watched Polar Express on BD last night. Holy cr*p! The scene where the train comes up the kid's street has to be one of the most bass intensive scenes I've ever heard! The walls were shaking! had to turn it down a bit because it was scaring my daughter...:(
Wow, nice. Sounds like a nice surprise lol. I never would have expected that from that movie..

baniels

baniels

Audioholic
Tell me about it! My son has been watching that movie EVERY DAY for the last two weeks.

The peak to the average dialog level is a very high range. That first train scene after the relatively soft beginning is a big surprise the first time around. I have a habit now of running in to turn it down when I hear that scene approaching.

There are a few other scenes with some pretty good LFE, but that first one stands on top.

roleydre

roleydre

Audioholic
the expendables and silent hill are just 2 of many movies i play to get my bass fix...

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
Do you recall which chapter this is in? Would love to check it out.

S

SandyRavage

Enthusiast
The movie Heat had some very interesting moments in terms of sound. In particular, on the intro when the train is coming, the shootout scenes and the airport scen in the end all sound great!
+1

The airport scene at the end has some MASSIVE rumbling. :cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The flashbangs in the arena in The Town. 2:06

I just watched Heat on Blu-ray oddly enough and have to say bass is actually kind of disappointing on it, even the airplane scene. On the DVD I recall there being more impact to the shootout scene and better bass in general, but that was also in the days of DVD :) I bought Heat on Blu-ray mainly for the shootout scene and the separation is still amazing, but most of the weapons lack "weight". Still one of my favorite movies.

Some awesome newer shootouts that rock audiowise would be The Town (finale), Inception (chapter 6 I think) and Max Payne (chapter 17), awesome bass.

The Incredibles on Blu-ray. Bass is pretty freaking awesome.

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
X-men: First Class had some of the coolest bass ever. Nothing excessive,judt well implemented.
Inception is the ultimate in wall-flexing, home-shaking, sub-destroying bass.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Yup, Inception, War of the Worlds, Transformers, Master and Commander (opening scene), Swordfish (opening scene), Italian Job is not bass heavy, but I enjoy the sounds of the movie.

C

Chitown2477

Audioholic
Here are some of my favorites:

• Super 8 - train crash scene early in movie (AWESOME - will kill subs!!!)
  • Unstoppable - curve scene (AWESOME)
  • How to Train Your Dragon - fight scene near end, especially when they are fighting in sky (AWESOME)
  • Despicable Me - Surprisingly subtle but great bass throughout
  • Transformers (all) - lots of parts, especially III
  • iRobot - freeway fight when Will Smith drives car and robots try to take him out
  • The Dark Knight - fight scene underground (wacker drive)
  • The Kingdom - When second bomb goes off early in movie and fight scene near end
  • Fast Five - chase scene with vault near end of movie
  • Iron Man 1 - bomb scene near beginning when Stark is demo-ing his weapon
  • Iron Man 2 - several parts in movie
  • Live Free Die Hard - apartment explosion and tunnel scene
  • Thor - several parts

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
That train wreck scene in super 8 was massive...:eek:. Another family flick with surpisingly good LFE was Percy Jackson & the Olympians..."The Lightning Thief"...the scene atop the roof and medusa lair come to mind and you know its gonna have decent bass when Poseidon emerges from the water and takes that first step....:)

roleydre

roleydre

Audioholic
dam face/off on bluray, nic cage and john travolta,this movie is just in dts ex and the volume level that i have to put it on is about 33 ,any other movie it be on level 40,this movie is just loud, bass is ridiculous

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Been awhile since I posted anything to this thread. Here are some recent additions to my list of ground-pounding movies:

Fast 5
The HBO Series The Pacific
Inception

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Blu-ray:
Tron Legacy
Underworld Evolution
LEON: The Professional

newsletter

• RBHsound.com