AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
I don't think anyone is bashing JL subs. They're awesome subs with excellent build quality and performance, but are very expensive when talking bang for buck. You can get A LOT more performance for the same money buying in multiples from other brands.
AGREED! I can't say nothing but your right lmao.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
AGREED! I can't say nothing but your right lmao.
That's why we steer folks away. We gear toward making a budget go more toward raw performance. Budget no object? Buy up a pair of Gothams and you're set! Tho like HD mentioned, in that price range you also have options like Funk Audio or Deep Sea Sound who also make awesome and pricy subs.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My opinion is my opinion and won't change because somebody reviewed something I own. You do realize I've owned many subs not just reviewed them right? There's nothing you can say to make me believe that a 600w rms 2000w peak sub will beat a Gotham V2 when a 800w rms 2500w peak PB 3000 can't. You think your the first to notice the 4500w rms short term statement? No you don't get it your just assuming. If I wanted end all be all I'd buy 3 JTR Captivator RS2s for less but I don't want big oversized industrial looking subs.
Bingo, it's an opinion!

What do you think I'm assuming?

AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
That's why we steer folks away. We gear toward making a budget go more toward raw performance. Budget no object? Buy up a pair of Gothams and you're set! Tho like HD mentioned, in that price range you also have options like Funk Audio or Deep Sea Sound who also make awesome and pricy subs.
Yes sir I see what your saying. Deep Sea Sound? Yup! You just put me on to a new brand because I've never heard of them. Thanks @Pogre

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My opinion is my opinion and won't change because somebody reviewed something I own. You do realize I've owned many subs not just reviewed them right? There's nothing you can say to make me believe that a 600w rms 2000w peak sub will beat a Gotham V2 when a 800w rms 2500w peak PB 3000 can't. You think your the first to notice the 4500w rms short term statement? No you don't get it your just assuming. If I wanted end all be all I'd buy 3 JTR Captivator RS2s for less but I don't want big oversized industrial looking subs.
The thing you have to also consider is the sensitivity of the system tho. A 3 dB difference in sensitivity means that you need twice the power to hit the same volume for the less sensitive one. That's double the power for 3 dB, and a 3 dB difference is very common. Sometimes even more. Without a sensitivity spec the power rating is pretty much meaningless.

AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
The thing you have to also consider is the sensitivity of the system tho. A 3 dB difference in sensitivity means that you need twice the power to hit the same volume for the less sensitive one. That's double the power for 3 dB, and a 3 dB difference is very common. Sometimes even more. Without a sensitivity spec the power rating is pretty much meaningless.
True! That's why I asked earlier if the other gentleman new the sensitivity of the Gotham because I don't even know. I can only go off the W7 sub but than again it's not beefed up and hasn't been upgraded like the subs in the Gotham V2 (same subs)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
True! That's why I asked earlier if the other gentleman new the sensitivity of the Gotham because I don't even know. I can only go off the W7 sub but than again it's not beefed up and hasn't been upgraded like the subs in the Gotham V2 (same subs)
Yeah that's the thing. Some companies will share that spec but most don't so it's really just guessing most of the time if you base them on power alone.

That said, I have no doubt the Gotham really pounds. I have a similar design I use for nearfield and it'll keep up with your Gotham. Doesn't have all the nice bells and whistles like yours does tho. It's a RBH SV-1212NR.

20210530_102352_copy_1512x2016.jpg

AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
Bingo, it's an opinion!

What do you think I'm assuming?
I was referring to the me believing the Gotham V2 beinh the "be all end all" comment lol trust be I'm aware of Funk Audio, Harbottle and others haha

AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
Yeah that's the thing. Some companies will share that spec but most don't so it's really just guessing most of the time if you base them on power alone.

That said, I have no doubt the Gotham really pounds. I have a similar design I use for nearfield and it'll keep up with your Gotham. Doesn't have all the nice bells and whistles like yours does tho. It's a RBH SV-1212NR.

View attachment 53984
Crazy how it looks just like a Gotham without the extra buttons. The shape and everything. Don't tease me like that Pogre what are the specs for that beast? Hahahaha

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Crazy how it looks just like a Gotham without the extra buttons. The shape and everything. Don't tease me like that Pogre what are the specs for that beast? Hahahaha
Here's Audioholics' review with measurements of the previous (but basically the same) powered model with a 2400 watt amp.

It was the most powerful sub they'd measured up to that point.

Mine is the passive model, but I do have a separate 1800 watt amp powering it.

That's both models, and if you talk to a dealer you can wheel n deal for a lot less than those list for.

RBH make a set of speakers that go with those subs. They stack right on top and I want a pair!

image_large2 (1)-1.jpg

The full setup is called SVTR tower system. Dream speakers for me man. Gene, the site owner has a pair of these in gloss black and they're just gorgeous speakers.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I was referring to the me believing the Gotham V2 beinh the "be all end all" comment lol trust be I'm aware of Funk Audio, Harbottle and others haha
To be fair, you kinda talk about it like it's the best thing ever and you come off as super fanboy-ish about it too, so that's where my assumption came from.

AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
I literally just seen that stack of speakers and subs on YouTube. I just didn't know what I was looking at. I know know!

AvBoy892000

AvBoy892000

Audioholic Intern
To be fair, you kinda talk about it like it's the best thing ever and you come off as super fanboy-ish about it too, so that's where my assumption came from.
Super Fanboy-ish? Quite frankly a better word that describes many of us here including myself would be passionate. Kinda talk about it like its the best? makes no since lol. I'm simply sticking to my guns bro.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Super Fanboy-ish? Quite frankly a better word that describes many of us here including myself would be passionate. Kinda talk about it like its the best? makes no since lol. I'm simply sticking to my guns bro.
I like the Gotham and it's got a good eq but like @shady J nothing will do better then a Dirac eq combined with REW unless you have a truly high end prepro like a Trinnov or the one Gene just reviewed here in his system dang I can't remember the name! What processor do you you use for your setup if I may ask?

By the way I LOOOOVE your legacy speakers truly awesome speakers

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think for 20k I’d rather have eight monolith 215’s. Or even four for only 10k!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'll start with 2 of these:

Please and thanks!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'll start with 2 of these:

Please and thanks!
Damn you got some good taste bro!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Damn you got some good taste bro!
Top those off with two HO Devastators running Eminence NSW6021s...
Not only with that Gotham go running home to mommy, you may well come out a few grand ahead.
And have way more bass than you know what to do with.
#Headroom for days!
:p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Top those off with two HO Devastators running Eminence NSW6021s...
Not only with that Gotham go running home to mommy, you may well come out a few grand ahead.
And have way more bass than you know what to do with.
#Headroom for days!
:p
Yes. +10 for devs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis