JD Vance and his military record

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And, further reading indicates he was indeed promoted but had to serve 2 years for retirement with that rate. He decided to retire before with the last rate.
Correct, that's what I was eluding to. I guess I should have said, 'a slight embellishment of his resume', LOL !

So, do you think he retired so abruptly because he wanted to run for Congress(which he could have done and not retired) or because his unit was to be sent to Iraq in 4 months ? Whatever, I'm more interested in his governing accomplishments.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's called a nothing-burger, @Mikado463 . I know you're smarter than that. :rolleyes:
He may be smarter than that, but he also accepts and repeats the GOP message-of-the-day without reading it carefully enough to understand what is actually true or false. Most of those false messages are deliberate lies that are quickly dropped if they're rapidly opposed. If not, they're repeated over & over until the lies are accepted.

The Swift Boat lie, from the 2004 presidential race. was a deliberate attempt by the Bush campaign to smear John Kerry. About 2 weeks after Bush won re-election, those responsible for the smear readily admitted that it was totally false.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
He may be smarter than that, but he also accepts and repeats the GOP message-of-the-day without reading it carefully enough to understand what is actually true or false. Most of those false messages are deliberate lies that are quickly dropped if they're rapidly opposed. If not, they're repeated over & over until the lies are accepted.

The Swift Boat lie, from the 2004 presidential race. was a deliberate attempt by the Bush campaign to smear John Kerry. About 2 weeks after Bush won re-election, those responsible for the smear readily admitted that it was totally false.
That is not what I was implying and YOU should be smart enough to understand and see that ! Perhaps you and the other liberal Dem fanboys here should not have taken my reply to David Scott out of context !

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Correct, that's what I was eluding to. I guess I should have said, 'a slight embellishment of his resume', LOL !

So, do you think he retired so abruptly because he wanted to run for Congress(which he could have done and not retired) or because his unit was to be sent to Iraq in 4 months ? Whatever, I'm more interested in his governing accomplishments.
Retiring after 24 years service is "abrupt"? He submitted his retirement docs a couple of months before his unit was called up to go to Iraq. He did his time and retired honourably. And, he was promoted to CSM. Where's the embellishment?

There's nothing to see here, so yes, his governing accomplishments are more important.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And, he was promoted to CSM. Where's the embellishment?
for the last time, I linked the CBS article which stated while he was promoted to CSM, that was not the rank he held on retirement yet on his bio it stated otherwise. We've discussed the the reasoning as to why and perhaps ;) it was a typo / oversight on his bio ?[/quote]

There's nothing to see here, so yes, his governing accomplishments are more important.
Yay, a liberal and a conservative can finally agree !! :eek:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That is not what I was implying and YOU should be smart enough to understand and see that ! Perhaps you and the other liberal Dem fanboys here should not have take my reply to David Scott out of context !
Here's a 5 minute clip with Adam Kinzinger worth watching and perhaps you'll learn something.

>>>Former Rep. Adam Kinzinger explains to Tim Miller why Sen. JD Vance's attacks on Gov. Tim Walz and his military service are ridiculous.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Here's further info on the "Swift boating" effort by the GOP against Tim Walz. I think it's highly relevant. See below.
(CNN) – The Trump campaign’s attacks on Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz’s military record are channeling the “swift boating” campaign 20 years ago against John Kerry, which accused the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee of lying about his Vietnam service and decorations.

The common denominator in both efforts: Trump campaign co-manager Chris LaCivita.

LaCivita played a key role in the political advocacy group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which ran the TV ad campaign questioning Kerry’s military service. It’s a playbook that the Trump campaign appears to be re-running after Vice President Kamala Harris tapped Walz, a 24-year veteran of the Army National Guard, as her running mate …

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

And nobody pays the price for those lies and perhaps robbed the person tangible benefits.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

He ran before retiring. I have no insight to his thinking. Why not retire before going to that post in Italy years before? He could very well be sent to the front lines from there.
Best if you just move on from this event. Accomplishes absolutely nothing. ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Both served their country honorably, so it really should be a non-factor.
Agreed. But it didn't stop there.

Vance, in his dishonest below-the-belt attack on Walz's military record is highly dishonorable.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting interview here. The comments are a little interesting too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis