JD Vance and his military record

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Did either one of you two chuckleheads notice the 'wink' emoji ?? do know what the word levity means ??
You thought you showed what real knowledge means to us liberals and added a :wink: in case we missed it? ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And these doubts are based on what?

Because it's on the voter's minds.

I have a question. Is it possible for the economy and border to have issues that should be addressed and simultaneously not be the dystopian disaster that the right is claiming?

That's always true for everyone.
My doubts are based on her experiences but as long as she assembles a cabinet that can be trusted and if she'll work with them, it might not be too bad. I would hope that she has been allowed access to discussions and decisions through Biden's term- I don't think it would be a good idea to leave VP in the dark about important issues since they could be moved to POTUS at a moment's notice.

My comment had to do with her saying these are at the top of her list but by doing that, it casts doubt on Biden's handling of them. Can't very well say "The border and economy are doing fine" AND "My main focus will be on the border and the economy"- both can't be true.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My doubts are based on her experiences but as long as she assembles a cabinet that can be trusted and if she'll work with them, it might not be too bad. I would hope that she has been allowed access to discussions and decisions through Biden's term- I don't think it would be a good idea to leave VP in the dark about important issues since they could be moved to POTUS at a moment's notice.

My comment had to do with her saying these are at the top of her list but by doing that, it casts doubt on Biden's handling of them. Can't very well say "The border and economy are doing fine" AND "My main focus will be on the border and the economy"- both can't be true.
Can't be worse than Trump! His national security adviser Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster described his meetings in the Oval Office as "exercises in competitive sycophancy".

But Trump is a very low bar to pass. ;)

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
My doubts are based on her experiences but as long as she assembles a cabinet that can be trusted and if she'll work with them, it might not be too bad.
You have to know that's so vague as to be a non-answer. Attorney General, Senator, Vice President... it seems to me that her experiences are excellent. Not Biden when he ran, but no president in my lifetime has had that amount of experience going in.

I would hope that she has been allowed access to discussions and decisions through Biden's term- I don't think it would be a good idea to leave VP in the dark about important issues since they could be moved to POTUS at a moment's notice.
Typically. Also, she'd be being read in now. Trump typically would be as well as the nominee. There's a pretty sophisticated transition process (usually: Trump's team notoriously rejected many aspects, such as pandemic training).

The border and economy are doing fine and my main focus will be keeping it that way.
Neither the border nor the economy are in crisis, but both have room for improvement, an improvement I'll be focusing on.

There are about a dozen valid ways for both to be true.

For example: Non-housing inflation is under control, and GDP and employment numbers look good; but housing, healthcare, and education are too expensive and need fixing.

Or: Immigrants don't pose a threat to the US; but the border is understaffed and long waits for judicial review are harming both Americans and immigrants. As such, I'll again push for the border bills (rejected by obstructionist republicans) to add staff.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis