JBL Studio 698! I just had to do it fellas!!!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
These

These speakers do it all. Great bass great mids spectacular highs great imaging great soundstaging vocals perfect

I can't understand why you haven't bought them yet ;)

Final thoughts have them double boxed JBl's boxing and packaging is not that great. And if my ordeal showed anything it's better to ship this double boxed even if it costs extra

Get the wood finish not the dark wood finish the dark wood looks nice but the wood finish looks SPECTACULAR.

it's just so hard to find the wood finish in stock. If I ever do flip these it will be so I can get the wood finish when it's in stock someday

Guys these speakers are a true dark horse on the market right now. You all need a taste of this speaker line. Come get you some!!!!!! P.S.

If your ever traveling through San Antonio Texas PM me I'd be more then happy to have you stop by and have a listen!
This kind of purchase is really going to get in the way of you liking to try new speakers! You are maxing out each room with quality that is hard to surpass :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This kind of purchase is really going to get in the way of you liking to try new speakers! You are maxing out each room with quality that is hard to surpass :)
I just got hooked on great sound thanks to learning how to get there from you guys.

And once you hear great audio and speakers you can't unhear it you know?

Any room I have audio components in now I just can't settle for less anymore

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
These

These speakers do it all. Great bass great mids spectacular highs great imaging great soundstaging vocals perfect

I can't understand why you haven't bought them yet ;)

Final thoughts have them double boxed JBl's boxing and packaging is not that great. And if my ordeal showed anything it's better to ship this double boxed even if it costs extra

Get the wood finish not the dark wood finish the dark wood looks nice but the wood finish looks SPECTACULAR.

it's just so hard to find the wood finish in stock. If I ever do flip these it will be so I can get the wood finish when it's in stock someday

Guys these speakers are a true dark horse on the market right now. You all need a taste of this speaker line. Come get you some!!!!!! P.S.

If your ever traveling through San Antonio Texas PM me I'd be more then happy to have you stop by and have a listen!
Yes, I agree, I need to purchase them. However, currently, I am moving into a condo in a retirement community. They have strict rules about noises. :) I am thinking that these speakers and any added subwoofers will cause grief to my neighbors. But yes, I want these speakers, but right now I am concentrating on my move. And I will bet you that these JBL speakers can give the BMR HT Tower's a good run for the money. A blind comparison would be interesting.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I agree, I need to purchase them. However, currently, I am moving into a condo in a retirement community. They have strict rules about noises. :) I am thinking that these speakers and any added subwoofers will cause grief to my neighbors. But yes, I want these speakers, but right now I am concentrating on my move. And I will bet you that these JBL speakers can give the BMR HT Tower's a good run for the money. A blind comparison would be interesting.
We just need to convince Dan to buy the BMRs!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
We just need to convince Dan to buy the BMRs!
Indeed. Dan, we are counting on you to try new speakers out. What other speakers are on your short list that youwant to try? :)

I have a few on my list that I'd like to hear but I do believe they are more lateral moves and therefore I probably really shouldn't. Practically should save that money for something that is a for sure upgrade if there is such a thing but the trigger could get itchy with the right used deal.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Indeed. Dan, we are counting on you to try new speakers out. What other speakers are on your short list that youwant to try? :)

I have a few on my list that I'd like to hear but I do believe they are more lateral moves and therefore I probably really shouldn't. Practically should save that money for something that is a for sure upgrade if there is such a thing but the trigger could get itchy with the right used deal.
Next on my bucket list to try are the Monoprice Monolith THX towers and the new Martin Logan line

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I'll do threads of course when I do that

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Next on my bucket list to try are the Monoprice Monolith THX towers and the new Martin Logan line
And some of the members in PM's are kindly helping me to learn REW so hopefully I can start to provide some amatuer measurements nothing as comprehensive as what Shady and Matt can do of course but something better regardless.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I'll bet those 698's (if not as good as the competition) are still 90-95% as good.

Too bad the auditions (listening tests) can't be done blind.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
And some of the members in PM's are kindly helping me to learn REW so hopefully I can start to provide some amatuer measurements nothing as comprehensive as what Shady and Matt can do of course but something better regardless.
I was able to use REW for my multiple subs. Especially in my living room where i have a hodge podge of non matching but decent subs. It worked well. There are some Youtube's that can help with the step by step for subs.

Using it for the overall speaker performance is probably beyond my competency right now.

F

Focus SE

Junior Audioholic
The fun part of this thread is the feeling we all get wanting the best we can find. It doesn’t matter what brand each of us seeks it’s the thrill of the sound we may get out of them. I bought mine used and rented a minivan to bring them home. When the rental broke down the tow truck driver nearly wrecked. But the stories to get them working the way we want is part of the journey. Good story Danzilla!!!!

Kip_Dynamite

Kip_Dynamite

Enthusiast
Have you listened to any of the Emotivia towers. I am very curious how the T3+ compares to the JBL Studio 698
I currently have 4 Studio 590's.
They are great connected to my Sansui 2000. My volume rarely gets much over 9am on the dial

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Have you listened to any of the Emotivia towers. I am very curious how the T3+ compares to the JBL Studio 698
I currently have 4 Studio 590's.
They are great connected to my Sansui 2000. My volume rarely gets much over 9am on the dial
I haven't yet and I am very curious about them as well. That is one of the towers I plan on getting as soon as I sell some of my extra speakers that I have right now

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't yet and I am very curious about them as well. That is one of the towers I plan on getting as soon as I sell some of my extra speakers that I have right now
Did you keep your 590s or sell them?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis