JBL Studio 698! I just had to do it fellas!!!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, when do you get the IV bags and bed pan for really long sessions?;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Update Crutchfield gave me a super sweet deal on the last tower that took some aesthetic damage so I just bought it instead of compromising with a center speaker. :D Okay just level matching the center channel and everything is hooked up and ready to go! Here's some pics of the final room setup really came out better then I thought it would I'll let you guys know what 3 of these sound like in the front stage. I didn't have much speaker wire left for the center channel so I couldn't hide it along the base board like the other 2 wires but I'll fix that later. But other then that I'm happy with how the room turned out!

View attachment 61345View attachment 61346View attachment 61347
Are you getting inky blanks on the projector screen? My projector and Denon 7.2 is in my bedroom too.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Are you getting inky blanks on the projector screen? My projector and Denon 7.2 is in my bedroom too.
??? Not sure I'm comprehending. Did you mean inky blacks on the projector screen like as in black levels? Or icky blanks as in bars on the picture ratio.

I have a used Epson G6400U pro that I bought used for dirt cheap. But I decided since I'm upgrading everything to just go 4k and upgrade with the projector as well. There's was a sweet sale on an epson 4050 and I went with that should be here on Saturday or Sunday

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I like the 6400 great 1080p projector but it's a light cannon and is more meant for outdoor venues. It's black levels do suffer a bit for it so I'm hoping for a nice improvement with the 4050

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
??? Not sure I'm comprehending. Did you mean inky blacks on the projector screen like as in black levels? Or icky blanks as in bars on the picture ratio.

I have a used Epson G6400U pro that I bought used for dirt cheap. But I decided since I'm upgrading everything to just go 4k and upgrade with the projector as well. There's was a sweet sale on an epson 4050 and I went with that should be here on Saturday or Sunday
Yes inky blacks on your screen. 4K wow congrats I'd love to see some pics of it on the projector thread when you get it.

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Danzilla31, it's time for an update on the joy of these speakers. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For sure I'm getting ready to run an errand but I will be back about 3 I'd be happy to give you guys an update!
Sorry guys works crazy haven't forgot about this will post by tommorow!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So I am going to have an extremely hard time ever giving up these speakers.

They are my reference speakers to compare anything else against. For the price of $850 each these are an INSANELY good value.

The Studio 590 was a great deal at 1000 each then they started doing those awesome sales. The 698 is a better speaker and they are less then the 590's original MSRP if JBL ever offers them at sales its a no brainer to snap them up

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
These
These speakers do it all. Great bass great mids spectacular highs great imaging great soundstaging vocals perfect

I can't understand why you haven't bought them yet ;)

Final thoughts have them double boxed JBl's boxing and packaging is not that great. And if my ordeal showed anything it's better to ship this double boxed even if it costs extra

Get the wood finish not the dark wood finish the dark wood looks nice but the wood finish looks SPECTACULAR.

it's just so hard to find the wood finish in stock. If I ever do flip these it will be so I can get the wood finish when it's in stock someday

Guys these speakers are a true dark horse on the market right now. You all need a taste of this speaker line. Come get you some!!!!!! P.S.

If your ever traveling through San Antonio Texas PM me I'd be more then happy to have you stop by and have a listen!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Crutchfield has one for scratch and dent
Scratch & Dent

Dark Wood

$766.68
So those 2 combined are pretty good savings

If you buy from Crutchfield have them double box! Don't go through what I went through they double boxed for me free of charge

That could've been because of my ordeal tho the upcharge if they're is one is worth it in my opinion

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Crutchfield has one for scratch and dent
Scratch & Dent

Dark Wood

$766.68
So those 2 combined are pretty good savings

If you buy from Crutchfield have them double box! Don't go through what I went through they double boxed for me free of charge

That could've been because of my ordeal tho the upcharge if they're is one is worth it in my opinion
What do they charge normally for packing it properly?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis