Status
Not open for further replies.
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Trump is narcissistic no doubt. His bigger than life ego has to be stroked no matter what he does. I also agree he should release his taxes. But, Trump will fight it to the bitter end. I am by no means an expert in politics. But, it seems as though all congress does is bicker and very little gets done. Not all democratic ideas are bad and not all republican ideas are good-and vice versa. Why can't both parties work together and find some common ground? After all, we are all still Americans regardless of the party we associate ourselves with.

Another thing that bothers me a great deal is why Congress can pass legislation that applies to us, but not to them. What kind of idea is that? Congress works for us not the other way around. I think it is time for us to remind each and every member of Congress of that very fact.

The idea of "career politicians" should be changed fast and in a hurry. There should be term limits on all members of Congress. Perfect example, members such as McConnell and Pelosi just to name a few. Newer and fresher ideas while finding common ground will go a long ways of making things better for us all inmho. Not the old same old grid lock that gets us nowhere fast.

In closing, Trump is nothing but a show boat. His administration is just like a circus. Just look at all of the staff he has replaced since January. However, that being said is exactly how Trump likes it. Chaos at its finest. The old separate and conquer strategy that has worked very well for him. Walking a fine line between legalities is what he is very good at. Perhaps, even redefining them. After all, that is what competent negotiators do. Make no mistake here, Trump is by far my favorite. I damn sure did not vote for him and never will. But, as you put it he is the ultimate manipulator and I could not agree more. I don't see much changing.

Cheers,

Phil
I agreed with your post, but I assume you meant to say Trump is not your favorite!

As far as your wishes for DC, Pete Buttigieg is a fresh breath of air for DC, and I think his timing (after Trump) is perfect for him to be the next HMFIC!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I agreed with your post, but I assume you meant to say Trump is not your favorite!
Oops! Already corrected. Thanks for catching that. Been a long day....LOL!!! :)

Cheers,

Phil

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
On the note of Mueller, I actually just read to 1/4th of the actual report while on a road trip. Some pretty ridiculous stuff went down with GRU, FSB, and the IRA (internet research agency), and this hacker named Guccifer who did contract hacking work for them. At it's hight the IRA had 184 full time employees promoting Prez Trump and putting out negative social content about Hillary. The Russians were up to some very sleazy stuff. Regardless if your a republicans or democrats, I think we should all be concerned that, in a nut shell, Russia paid for a massive marking and advertising social campaign for Tump. I learned more about the "Russia Investigation" in 1/4th of the actual report than I did from watching years of optioned cable news.

=======
https://intelligence.house.gov/social-media-content/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guccifer

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
On the note of Mueller, I actually just read to 1/4th of the actual report while on a road trip. Some pretty ridiculous stuff went down with GRU, FSB, and the IRA (internet research agency), and this hacker named Guccifer who did contract hacking work for them. At it's hight the IRA had 184 full time employees promoting Prez Trump and putting out negative social content about Hillary. The Russians were up to some very sleazy stuff. Regardless if your a republicans or democrats, I think we should all be concerned that, in a nut shell, Russia paid for a massive marking and advertising social campaign for Tump. I learned more about the "Russia Investigation" in 1/4th of the actual report than I did from watching years of optioned cable news.

=======
https://intelligence.house.gov/social-media-content/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guccifer
Yes exactly. One thing is clear from this report, for some reason, gee I don't know why, the Russian were all in on Trump. That has got to concern you? The lengths they went to is a whole other thing up be concerned with big time. You couple that with saying extremely nice things about Putin and you understand why people not in the trump cult, and the Intelligence agencies were so concerned. I still am.
He actually said out elected president was not a leader, and was weak and that Putin at least was a strong leader. That is complete bonkers insane. No one would have gotten away with that in the past. The attack almost on McCain about him not being a hero or only being a hero because he was caught you would never got away with in the past, not even close.
If Obama had said that when they were both candidates running for president he would have been forced to quit, by Republicans and Democrats. It's unheard of to say something like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Today, I wrote my Congressman asking him to support impeachment proceedings to remove the President from office. Previously, I had believed that impeachment efforts would be counter productive because not enough GOP Senators would break with their party leaders and vote to ratify impeachment.

Since the publication of the Mueller Report, the reactions of the White House and its supporters leave no other option. It has become necessary to push on with impeachment investigations, hearings, and proceedings. As overwhelming evidence mounts, public opinion could force enough GOP Senators to vote for ratification of impeachment. At least 67 votes are required. In 1974, it was about to happen. GOP leaders in the Senate warned Nixon that they could no longer guarantee enough votes to block impeachment ratification. He resigned the next day.

If the House of Representatives fails to begin impeachment proceedings, their failure indirectly approves obstruction of justice, tax evasion & fraud, and other criminal acts, by the present White House occupant, and any future occupants.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Today, I wrote my Congressman asking him to support impeachment proceedings to remove the President from office. Previously, I had believed that impeachment efforts would be counter productive because not enough GOP Senators would break with their party leaders and vote to ratify impeachment.

Since the publication of the Mueller Report, the reactions of the White House and its supporters leave no other option. It has become necessary to push on with impeachment investigations, hearings, and proceedings. As overwhelming evidence mounts, public opinion could force enough GOP Senators to vote for ratification of impeachment. At least 67 votes are required.

If the House of Representatives fails to begin impeachment proceedings, that failure ratifies obstruction of justice, tax evasion & fraud, and other criminal acts, by the present White House occupant, and any future occupants.
Today I wrote my state representative asking him to give Penn DOT a kick in the ass and do something about our miserable highway / infrastructure issues. Far more important IMO than trying to impeach 'numb nuts' ..........

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Today I wrote my state representative asking him to give Penn DOT a kick in the ass and do something about our miserable highway / infrastructure issues. Far more important IMO than trying to impeach 'numb nuts' ..........
Well as someone that works for a NJ township road department I can say it's very hard to keep with the roads in the north East or where there are seasons. The cold, the snow and treating the roads with salt and brine just destroy the roads. Ages them well before their time.
I understand your frustration though.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So then, the demise of democracy is less important? And, why can't both be important at the same time? Its not like the Penn DOT would be involved with the impeachment process, right?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
So then, the demise of democracy is less important? And, why can't both be important at the same time?
my comment was aimed(thus the quote) at Swerd's post. Simply put, it's been almost three years since Trump was elected and the goofy left remains fixated on removing Trump. Given that the next election is but a year and a half away and last count showing 20 candidates with their hats in the ring I would think they would be better served to sort out a much better candidate than last time. Think of all the candidates the wacky right had and all they could do was come with Trump !

Its not like the Penn DOT would be involved with the impeachment process, right?
Penn DOT is arguably the most pathetic Gov't entity I know of. Like most highway Departments, they are much better at destroying roads than building / fixing them.

highfigh

highfigh

Well as someone that works for a NJ township road department I can say it's very hard to keep with the roads in the north East or where there are seasons. The cold, the snow and treating the roads with salt and brine just destroy the roads. Ages them well before their time.
I understand your frustration though.

That's hard to do in the best of circumstances but in Wisconsin, most of the money for road work has been used for other projects or, in the case of Gov Jim Doyle, steered into the general fund, to make it look like he spent less than he did. He left with a big, horkin' deficit.

Our roads suck, in Milwaukee. I haven't driven too far outside lately, but in MKE, they absolutely suck. A meeting with the DPW head over why the roads weren't plowed after heavy snow (he wanted to save money but with insufficient parking in most of the city, that didn't work), he was asked about the pot holes- he said there's three day response time for calls but some of the holes I see have been there for well over a year. When asked if he has any sense of urgency about repairing them, he just said "No, not really".

I want to go to that nimrod's house, drag him out by his freaking nose and strap him to the bumper of my van, so I can show him EXACTLY how bad the roads are.

highfigh

highfigh

my comment was aimed(thus the quote) at Swerd's post. Simply put, it's been almost three years since Trump was elected and the goofy left remains fixated on removing Trump. Given that the next election is but a year and a half away and last count showing 20 candidates with their hats in the ring I would think they would be better served to sort out a much better candidate than last time. Think of all the candidates the wacky right had and all they could do was come with Trump !

Penn DOT is arguably the most pathetic Gov't entity I know of. Like most highway Departments, they are much better at destroying roads than building / fixing them.
The GOP clown car was bad, as was the way the DNC rammed Hillary up to the podium. Some places clearly preferred others, but she was their candidate.

We need to use little money for elections, but people and corporations with deep pockets will prevail.

Look into Milwaukee government- MKE is tied for 4th on this list for worst roads in America.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/11/27/worst-roads-in-america#viewGallery/image-full/1

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Impeachment is the only (?) way for the people to hold the US President accountable for his actions while in office.

As someone that remembers (dimly, getting old:D) the Clinton impeachment and the investigation by special council Starr, I must say that in my mind what the Muller report shows is far, far worse. While I thought Clinton was a sleaz having sex with an intern, I never ever suspected him of colluding or being beholden to a hostile foreign power, in addition to obstruction of investigation of said hostile foreign power's interference in US elections. In fact, I never thought I'd see that day of any US President.

Edit: The 2018 Trump-Putin summit press conference in Helsinki was jaw dropping.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Impeachment is the only (?) way for the people to hold the US President accountable for his actions while in office.

As someone that remembers (dimly, getting old:D) the Clinton impeachment and the investigation by special council Starr, I must say that in my mind what the Muller report shows is far, far worse. While I thought Clinton was a sleaz having sex with an intern, I never ever suspected him of colluding or being beholden to a hostile foreign power, in addition to obstruction of investigation of said hostile foreign power's interference in US elections. In fact, I never thought I'd see that day of any US President.

Edit: The 2018 Trump-Putin summit press conference in Helsinki was jaw dropping.
But Clinton's charges were for perjury (originally two counts), Obstruction of Justice and abuse of power (malfeasance in office, which WAS the Lewinsky incident). One Perjury change and the abuse of power charge were dropped.

We're letting people get away with too much and that includes Congress.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
But Clinton's charges were for perjury (originally two counts), Obstruction of Justice and abuse of power (malfeasance in office, which WAS the Lewinsky incident). One Perjury change and the abuse of power charge were dropped.

We're letting people get away with too much and that includes Congress.
But if you really want to talk about a witch hunt that was it. That investigation started over a bad land deal in Arkansas when he was governor of Arkansas. It ended with Ken Starr getting him for perjury over an affair with an adult and they had a informant in the white house. Now that truly is a witch hunt. Bad land deal years before in Arkansas, perjury for an affair with an adult as president.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
my comment was aimed (thus the quote) at Swerd's post. Simply put, it's been almost three years since Trump was elected and the goofy left remains fixated on removing Trump.
During the first two years after he was inaugurated, the GOP controlled House and Senate ignored Trump's acts. They utterly failed in their Constitutional duty to oversee the executive branch. Their spineless capitulation is to blame, not the "goofy left" as you called it.

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
So then, the demise of democracy is less important?
Not trying to troll, but can you tell me precisely where your concern is? I see some problems, all of which predate Trump and will likely remain after Trump.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
During the first two years after he was inaugurated, the GOP controlled House and Senate ignored Trump's acts. They utterly failed in their Constitutional duty to oversee the executive branch. Their spineless capitulation is to blame, not the "goofy left" as you called it.
and the goofy left marches on as does the silly right !

So, tell us, who's your choice to replace the Trumpster ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But if you really want to talk about a witch hunt that was it. That investigation started over a bad land deal in Arkansas when he was governor of Arkansas. It ended with Ken Starr getting him for perjury over an affair with an adult and they had a informant in the white house. Now that truly is a witch hunt. Bad land deal years before in Arkansas, perjury for an affair with an adult as president.

The republicans made such a fuss over lying at that time, now they fully support a president who lies constantly.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The republicans made such a fuss over lying at that time, now they fully support a president who lies constantly.
Lindsay Graham is such a two faced piece of poop it's not even funny. A hypocrite of the highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis