Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A candidate that received almost 3 million more votes. The urban myth is she was hated. She won but lost, only in the US.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The polls I have seen show less like or love for her than "I'm NOT going to vote for Trump!" and the hatred of Hillary is very common on the other side.

It has been said that "The Democrats sent the only person who could lose to Trump and the Republicans sent the only person who could lose to Hillary".

Neither was a good candidate but it became an election of attrition. That was a big clown car.

highfigh

highfigh

Well, 3 of 4 states that the Russians concentrated their efforts, PA had 3.6% voting for the other candidates while Trumpster won by 1.2%.
MI had 5.1% voting for others while Trumpster won by 0.3%. WI it was 5% for others while the Trumpster won by 1%.

If people hated Hillary so much how did she manage 3 mil more?
Here it is, for the cheap seats- THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE IN HIGHLY POPULATED CITIES ARE DEMOCRATS AND CONSERVATIVES LEAVE HIGHLY POPULATED CITIES BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE THE WAY THOSE CITIES ARE RUN!

WI has two main cities where Hillary wins in a big way and a few smaller areas- Madison and Milwaukee. The rest of the state votes the opposite.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Here it is, for the cheap seats- THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE IN HIGHLY POPULATED CITIES ARE DEMOCRATS AND CONSERVATIVES LEAVE HIGHLY POPULATED CITIES BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE THE WAY THOSE CITIES ARE RUN!

WI has two main cities where Hillary wins in a big way and a few smaller areas- Madison and Milwaukee. The rest of the state votes the opposite.
Yes, and 5% of votes went to 3 rd parties. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

And all this time I just thought it was scared white people running away from the problems they helped create. Calling Madison a highly populated city?

highfigh

highfigh

And all this time I just thought it was scared white people running away from the problems they helped create. Calling Madison a highly populated city?
It's the second most populated city in the state- how could its population size AND its far left leaning not have an effect on the elections? MKE is also very Left-leaning, although there are pockets of Conservatives.

You mean 'White Flight"? I lived in the city for 16 years after leaving home, which was the neighborhood I moved back to and the a@@holes from the city are still making me regret not leaving the county. I lived in areas where people make that Lucille Ball squeamish sound when I tell them the locations and I returned because I got sick of losing my stuff to douchebags. The zip code for the last place makes insurance more expensive than anywhere in the state. Milwaukee's government caused the problems- don't lay that crap on all of us, especially those of us who didn't want the candidates who caused that crap in the first place. I'm in a suburb, so I can't do anything about who's elected in MKE, but I have to help pay for the abysmal education system with my property tax. I would love to say the system cranks out a great batch of graduates every year, who go on to make great contributions to society, but that's not the case. I have posted about the MKE Public School System so many times, I almost want to put the links at the bottom of my icon.

If you think Conservatives have a chance of being elected in Milwaukee, look at the list of Mayors-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_Milwaukee

This city has been sliding downhill for a long time and nobody seems to want to make changes possible. Don't tell me about it if you don't know.

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, and 5% of votes went to 3 rd parties. ;)
If people want to vote for a 3rd party candidate, who am I to stop them? It's their right. It's also my right to say I don't like it but I also didn't want to see one of the candidates elected, either. I didn't expect to see those two as the candidates, but hey- the DNC and GOP didn't ask me, so.....

The problem in MKE WRT seeing a change in political party is that a large % of the population receives government aid, so they're usually not going to vote against a Democrat. Some districts voted 98% for Obama. Honestly, I fail to see how so many are blind to the fact that the Democrats have screwed so many people here by failing to educate them properly and make sure they're healthy but then, MKE has been called 'The Most Segregated City In America' for a long time and it's not because everyone hates any particular ethnic group. However, the lowest income people aren't going to live in the areas where real estate is exceptionally expensive but in other places, we don't have hoards of people leaving if non-whites move into a neighborhood. The duplex next door has a Black guy upstairs and another downstairs- really nice guys and I would much rather have them as neighbors than the hillbilly around the corner.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If people want to vote for a 3rd party candidate, who am I to stop them? ....
I totally agree with you that they do have that right. It's the consequences that may not have been thought through beforehand by them.
:)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I totally agree with you that they do have that right. It's the consequences that may not have been thought through beforehand by them.
I agree, just the right voting poop storm and an orange far clown can become president and run amuck of the entire system making our country a mockery. I did not imply that to be about anyone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Same thing happens when someone votes for someone "because that's the party I always vote for", skin color, ignore policy statements and goals, want what the candidate is selling,.......

The right to vote doesn't carry any requirement for making a good decision. Thinking that 16 year-olds should be able to vote is just insanity. While some may be a lot smarter than many adults, the majority don't have the life experiences that would give them a proper perspective.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
This thread makes for some interesting viewpoints. Nothing wrong w/that in my book. However, I am just tired of hearing about the Mueller Report and how the Dems plan to impeach Trump. To make matters worse, then the issue with Trump's taxes. I mean no disrespect to anyone here or this thread, but for Heaven's sake can we as a country move on from all of this BS inmho? Personally, I am NOT impressed with either party. ;) Just saying...............

Cheers,

Phil

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This thread makes for some interesting viewpoints. Nothing wrong w/that in my book. However, I am just tired of hearing about the Mueller Report and how the Dems plan to impeach Trump. To make matters worse, then the issue with Trump's taxes. I mean no disrespect to anyone here or this thread, but for Heaven's sake can we as a country move on from all of this BS inmho? Personally, I am NOT impressed with either party. ;) Just saying...............

Cheers,

Phil
I don't know if you watched the movie clip @Ponzio posted above, but apart from being funny, I think, it was also informative. I was unsure whether or not to "like" it as funny or informative, to be honest.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Cheers,

Phil
Phil, I agree completely. The left and right are both so polarized and F'd up right now ...........

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know if you watched the movie clip @Ponzio posted above, but apart from being funny, I think, it was also informative. I was unsure whether or not to "like" it as funny or informative, to be honest.

Ummmm it is a bit of both. That is, informative and some funny $hit. In fact, I am still laughing here. But, the truth is what a sad state of affairs if you ask me. Everything is a pi$$ing contest when dealing w/Trump. Way too much ego. Unfortunately, it is what it is and very little is going to change inmho.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... I mean no disrespect to anyone here or this thread, but for Heaven's sake can we as a country move on from all of this BS inmho? Personally, I am NOT impressed with either party. ;) Just saying...............
Cheers,Phil
Understand but when will the constitution matter then? Might as well just delete impeachment then. Just move on without it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Understand but when will the constitution matter then? Might as well just delete impeachment then. Just move on without it.
Very good point. But, I think what has happened is that Trump is very good at pushing the envelope so to speak as to what is legal and what is not. After all, Trump is a business man and a negotiator. Not to mention, he has an ego bigger than NYC alone. That is why everything is a negotiation which at times turns into a pi$$ing contest. Trump has to have the upper hand and the last word.

Not everything he has done has been bad. But, he likes attention. Keeping things stirred up is only going to work in his favor. That is why I think very little is going to change. At the end of the day, if you did not vote for Trump, then that only left Hilary. Not exactly a great choice either inmho. So, the question became which is the lesser of two evils. Now we got to hear about his income taxes. Already sick of that too. Just saying..........

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Now we got to hear about his income taxes. Already sick of that too. Just saying..........

Cheers,

Phil
I'm sick of hearing about them too, but from my viewpoint, the solution is for Trump to release them, not for the Dems to let his many suspicious acts go without looking into them (with tax returns being an excellent source of facts)!
Am I the only one who was stupid enough to believe Trump would be good on his promise to release his taxes if he got elected? For me, that was a promise which indicated he had nothing big to hide.
Showing taxes has become a standard for modern presidents as a means to show they are honest and principled or to reveal if they are involved in nefarious activities.
Like you say he is good at pushing the envelope of what is legal. I bet he is "too good" at it and it will catch up with him. In a way it already has. Reading how many times he intended to engage in illegal activities and was only stopped by loyalist to him (who he then fired or otherwise insulted and forced out of the WH). Those people are gone and mostly replaced by people who are more likely to follow his orders (regardless of the ethics).
However, the demand for his taxes certainly seems like poetic justice after Trump made so much noise about Obama's birth certificate!
We all know that Trump is a man of low character. I have to admit he has a knack for manipulating people - which reflects a decent level of intelligence - I just don't think he has any moral compass behind that intelligence and he really does seem to run his presidency like it is about reality show ratings. As long as he can come up with a new offensive behavior, he maintains our attention!

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sick of hearing about them too, but from my viewpoint, the solution is for Trump to release them, not for the Dems to let his many suspicious acts go without looking into them (with tax returns being an excellent source of facts)!
Am I the only one who was stupid enough to believe Trump would be good on his promise to release his taxes if he got elected? For me, that was a promise which indicated he had nothing big to hide.
Showing taxes has become a standard for modern presidents as a means to show they are honest and principled or to reveal if they are involved in nefarious activities.
Like you say he is good at pushing the envelope of what is legal. I bet he is "too good" at it and it will catch up with him. In a way it already has. Reading how many times he intended to engage in illegal activities and was only stopped by loyalist to him (who he then fired or otherwise insulted and forced out of the WH). Those people are gone and mostly replaced by people who are more likely to follow his orders (regardless of the ethics).
However, the demand for his taxes certainly seems like poetic justice after Trump made so much noise about Obama's birth certificate!
We all know that Trump is a man of low character. I have to admit he has a knack for manipulating people - which reflects a decent level of intelligence - I just don't think he has any moral compass behind that intelligence and he really does seem to run his presidency like it is about reality show ratings. As long as he can come up with a new offensive behavior, he maintains out attention!
Trump is narcissistic no doubt. His bigger than life ego has to be stroked no matter what he does. I also agree he should release his taxes. But, Trump will fight it to the bitter end. I am by no means an expert in politics. But, it seems as though all congress does is bicker and very little gets done. Not all democratic ideas are bad and not all republican ideas are good-and vice versa. Why can't both parties work together and find some common ground? After all, we are all still Americans regardless of the party we associate ourselves with.

Another thing that bothers me a great deal is why Congress can pass legislation that applies to us, but not to them. What kind of idea is that? Congress works for us not the other way around. I think it is time for us to remind each and every member of Congress of that very fact.

The idea of "career politicians" should be changed fast and in a hurry. There should be term limits on all members of Congress. Perfect example, members such as McConnell and Pelosi just to name a few. Newer and fresher ideas while finding common ground will go a long ways of making things better for us all inmho. Not the old same old grid lock that gets us nowhere fast.

In closing, Trump is nothing but a show boat. His administration is just like a circus. Just look at all of the staff he has replaced since January. However, that being said is exactly how Trump likes it. Chaos at its finest. The old separate and conquer strategy that has worked very well for him. Walking a fine line between legalities is what he is very good at. Perhaps, even redefining them. After all, that is what competent negotiators do. Make no mistake here, Trump is by far not my favorite. I damn sure did not vote for him and never will. But, as you put it he is the ultimate manipulator and I could not agree more. I don't see much changing.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis