Interconnects and power cord info

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
You'd almost think they give a discount for a good testimonial: 10% off your next dose of the KoolAid if you submit a 5***** review! :p

Strange, this breaks the rule: the first one is always free.

Of course, that means that the product actually delivers on the promise of pure audio bliss. Usually it's just a prat... and I'm not talking about pace, rhythm and timing.

;)
Or the lifting of many veils. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow - Total Voodoo!

Unbelievable that this stuff exists in today's audiophile world!

What is more unbelievable is that there is a market for such nonsense and companies stay in business from this nonsense.

But then, audio is not alone in the marketplace selling nonsense. Long list.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
@imnofool Well, I think my reply on page 1 was modestly stated with no personal attack. I explained what expectation bias is and if you're not familiar with the acronym DBT it stands for double blind test. There is more info on the web if you care to research those terms further and learn why a DBT is necessary for any meaningful results lacking personal bias.

I also offered to explain why power cables can not affect the output stage of an amplifier. You could have continued that discussion, but chose instead to complain about a couple of people that spoke bluntly. Did you come to this forum for a discussion, or to simply affirm the opinions that you already held?

highfigh

highfigh

There is a knee jerk tendency here to jump on people over these topics and I agree that it does more to trigger defensive mode than convince anyone. We could do a better job of explaining the reality of these claims and their dependence on our biases.

It's a dirty trick really, and not the fault of folks who haven't dug in on electrical science and psychoacoustics. Sound perception is more than just what we hear, and these charlatans know it. The whole industry really is a con that takes advantage of some innate human shortcomings when it comes to perception. No better than the crook on the corner taking money from marks playing 3 card monty.
Psychoacoustics is perceiving something that isn't there and many manufacturers cash in on the fact that they can explain something and tip the scales toward "I heard it" vs "I didn't heard it". When it can't be proved false, it MUST be true, right?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Psychoacoustics is perceiving something that isn't there and many manufacturers cash in on the fact that they can explain something and tip the scales toward "I heard it" vs "I didn't heard it". When it can't be proved false, it MUST be true, right?
Ha! Yeah, science just loves "unfalsifiable". It's the cornerstone of magic, religion and con artists.

highfigh

highfigh

Ha! Yeah, science just loves "unfalsifiable". It's the cornerstone of magic, religion and con artists.
How could you forget politics? Oh, never mind, you did- "magic, religion and cons".

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis