Infinity speakers back on sale!

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
I have Revel F208 for the mains. I started a thread in the pros and joes to document my progress setting up the system. Going to put in some hours tomorrow. Work keeps getting in the way of my fun time.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
How great are the Revels? You never got the infinity rc263 to compare right ?

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
They're pretty amazing, but I honestly don't have much experience with other speakers to compare them to. They are falling off pretty steeply around 60hz, which doesn't match Revel's literature but looks consistent with other measurements I've seen on ASR's site. I'm using the rc263 as my center for now.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I have a setup with the RC263 as center and 4 263s as LR and surrounds. Will be curious how dramatically better the revels end up being vs the 263s. Keep us posted as you experiment. The 263s do need some breakin in the woofer section in my opinion.

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
I will do a measurement on the r263 tomorrow to see them side by side. I'm curious as well.

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
Kevin Voecks explained what was the reason
I'm experimenting with different locations, moving mine a bit more toward the corners of the room. Looks like you've got some very good results.

J

jlm86

Audioholic Intern
R263 availability?

Q. Are these ever back on sale?

Looking at jbl 580 or .r263

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I'm experimenting with different locations, moving mine a bit more toward the corners of the room. Looks like you've got some very good results.
any updated impressions of the 263 vs the revels? The 263s do require some breakin in my experience

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
R263 availability?

Q. Are these ever back on sale?

Looking at jbl 580 or .r263

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I’m positive they will be back on sale but not sure when. I have jbl590 and r263. I think JBL for home theater and infinity if you are a mix of music. But either are a good value in my experience. I’m really curious to see more reviews on the 263s but there just isn’t much out there on them.

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
any updated impressions of the 263 vs the revels? The 263s do require some breakin in my experience
I've been buried with work, but I did slide the front wide 263s over next to the revels for a R+L sweep @ my MLP before Audyssey. I haven't listened to the r263s other than as surrounds yet though. Not sure if this is helpful.

R263 vs F208.jpg

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks, I'm just getting into REW and mainly only used it for Subs so far with a miniDSP 2X4 HD. Any experts in the house translate those measurements?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis