Infinity speakers back on sale!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I had to send back my first set of 263's as both had something messed up. Luckily the 4 after were fine.

I was lucky when I got my JBL 590s they shipped them freight on a pallet and that really helps. You don't want UPS here. I wonder if they charge back UPS in the California facility they are sent back to. Whatever the case, It's clear that their packaging is 100% inadequate and results in a BUNCH of returns. Must cost a lot more to add a a little more padding than handle all the returns (Unless UPS has to eat it in which case they might not care)

Their customer service has been helpful to me however, but it's so defeating to get something like that
I wonder if their packaging was really set up for bulk distribution (like pallet to BestBuy; however, Harman decided to pull the product from retail stores and sell direct without revamping the packaging for UPS's treatment).

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe you can get Harman to ship a Claymore mine with a strategically located pressure sensor/trigger to you:

Anybody want to bet on the next one? Will Harman run out of inventory before UPS runs out of assholes (actually it is probably just one guy)? :rolleyes:
Yeah that looks Like someone deliberately poked it with something. I have been in a UPS site, they load all their Big Brown truck off a roller rack. All the trucks back up to the roller rack on each side the rack runs in between the trucks backed up to the rack. On the Platform are 3 to 4 workers loading Products onto the roller rack they push the products and the driver's catch each one that's to go into their truck. Now on the roller rack there are rails on each side so the products "Boxes" can't fall off. That's why say in your case it looks Deliberately done.

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
Any update?
Sent the R263 and R152 set back on Monday. Now the wait begins anew. If this third R263 comes back damaged, I might be inclined to keep it and send it to shady if he wants to test it and/or blow it up with dynamite.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sent the R263 and R152 set back on Monday. Now the wait begins anew. If this third R263 comes back damaged, I might be inclined to keep it and send it to shady if he wants to test it and/or blow it up with dynamite.
Makes me wonder how that hole went so deep. I've seen plenty of boxes have rips and stuff like that, but that went all the way through the box AND the packing material all the way to the speaker. Not only that, it was a hard enough jab that it heavily damaged the speaker. How in the world did they manage to do that?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Why not send the new pairs to a close relative or friends apt/house near you?

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
This should be added to all of shady's speaker testing. Call it a new way to test cabinet robustness.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Good luck. Second shipment worked for me. Although some boxes were still messed up. Unreal

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
False alarm. It was the R152 replacement set not the R263. All bets are cancelled.

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
After 60 days and thousands of retraced miles, a R263 replacement arrived today physically undamaged. I will now begin conducting a full psychological examination to assess it's emotional state.

J

JMB

Audioholic Intern
Refurbed R162 for $175/pr:
Wow, just clicked this link KEW posted from almost a year ago and refurb R162s are available for $159. Grabbed a pair. I'll put the Pioneer BS-22s back into surround duty in the TV room, and use these in the now work-from-home office.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
After 60 days and thousands of retraced miles, a R263 replacement arrived today physically undamaged. I will now begin conducting a full psychological examination to assess it's emotional state.
any reports on how the 263s are sounding to you?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis