I Cussed Out Amazon

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Credit cards are nice to have for convenience and cash back. But I agree with the peeps here do not use one if you cant pay off the balance at the end of the month. I have both of mine set on auto pay full balance so I do get the benefits without the HIGH interest charge.
David, I used to do the same thing when I only had a couple of CC's. But, the temptation to getting more and more credit, plus taking advantage of so many promos got me into trouble. However, that has all but now been corrected. Saving and then buying in my moto. Besides, it gives me something to work towards. Setting small goals goes a long way to financial security. It all adds up and time seems to fly by now. I keep going back to the ole wants vs needs thing and it is working for me! :p

Cheers,

Phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
David, I used to do the same thing when I only had a couple of CC's. But, the temptation to getting more and more credit, plus taking advantage of so many promos got me into trouble. However, that has all but now been corrected. Saving and then buying in my moto. Besides, it gives me something to work towards. Setting small goals goes a long way to financial security. It all adds up and time seems to fly by now. I keep going back to the ole wants vs needs thing and it is working for me! :p

Cheers,

Phil
Good plan Phil you seem to have a handle on it. I too got in over my head in the 1990s with multiple cards but have learned my lesson. I only have 2 now and 1 debit and keep enough in my checking account to pay the full balance or I don't use them. Too bad wisdom only comes with age.:)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good plan Phil you seem to have a handle on it. I too got in over my head in the 1990s with multiple cards but have learned my lesson. I only have 2 now and 1 debit and keep enough in my checking account to pay the full balance or I don't use them. Too bad wisdom only comes with age.:)
You nailed it in that wisdom comes w/age. I also think that when we are younger that we are more impatient. As we get older we seem to think things through better. That, of course, manifests itself to not being in such a big hurry. My Mom used to always preach to me and my siblings that good things comes to those that wait. Just wished I had listened better. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
You nailed it in that wisdom comes w/age. I also think that when we are younger that we are more impatient. As we get older we seem to think things through better. That, of course, manifest itself is not being in such a big hurry. My Mom used to always preach to me and my siblings that good things comes to those that wait. Just wished I had listened better. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah me too.:)

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Credit cards are nice to have for convenience and cash back. But I agree with the peeps here do not use one if you cant pay off the balance at the end of the month. I have both of mine set on auto pay full balance so I do get the benefits without the HIGH interest charge.
When you manage the CC instead of the CC managing us, there are good benefits, especially the cash back benefit you mentioned...I use my CC mostly on items that I would normally pay cash for...we still get paid the old fashion way...by weekly paper check. That means a trip to the bank every week, but my CC is from the same bank our checking/saving is at so I typically pay what was charged the previous week whenever I deposit my paycheck. By making weekly payments, there's very little time for interest to accrue. One good thing about weekly paychecks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis