I Cussed Out Amazon

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Over the last several years I've ordered a lot of things from Amazon, usually with success. Now all of a sudden they can't seem to find my location, I know the west coast will probably fall into the Pacific Ocean at some unspecified moment but come on, I've lived in the same crappy place since 1985 and those idiots can't find my address? Okay, Sunday was Easter but come on now, you can't find an atheist delivery person in Southern California? So this morning I called Amazon and cussed out the person on the other end of the telephone, yea it was childish of me but what the hell, maybe I'll get my stuff or a refund.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It isn't Amazon, it is the 3rd party contracted delivery people. I've encountered the same thing in the last 6 months. Most recently a few weeks ago, I had a package say out for delivery only to get a cancellation and refund for the item with no explanation. Basically, they did not want to admit the delivery service misplaced the package. I reordered my item and received it. A week later, the original package showed up too...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I had a amazon delivery guy drop a package in the back of my pickup (parked in my driveway) rather than walking 50 ft to my door step. They sent a photo to my amazon Acct but I seldom check there but actually did that time. I easily could have driven to work and had it stolen out of my pickup bed. LOL. :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Imagine yourself as that customer service agent. What would you be thinking if someone talked to you like that about an act you had nothing to do with?

You must be feeling pretty guilty about it, since you posted a confession here. As one of my many Catholic friends liked to say when I was a teenager, after a confession of an act one wasn't proud of, "Say three Our Fathers and three Hail Marys. In Latin." I'm not Catholic, so I'm not sure of the religious significance of saying two prayers three times in an obscure language, but apparently that absolved him at least once. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
By cussing out "Amazon", all you did was make someone's day a bit worse who had nothing to do with the problem you are having. Next time use some self control and intelligence to solve your problems.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice job. Maybe you’ll get a refund? For being a jerk to someone who isn’t even affiliated with the responsible party?
They should charge you double.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon may well be the delivery service in some locations now.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Amazon may well be the delivery service in some locations now.
Didn’t know that was a thing. Still shouldn’t be rewarded for childish behavior. It’s what’s wrong with our world today. People need to grow some skin, and accept responsibility for their own behavior.

Besides, what did the poor shmuck on the other end have to do with it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Didn’t know that was a thing. Still shouldn’t be rewarded for childish behavior. It’s what’s wrong with our world today. People need to grow some skin, and accept responsibility for their own behavior.

Besides, what did the poor shmuck on the other end have to do with it?
AFAIK in some of the larger cities Amazon has its own contractor for delivery rather than using usual delivery services like Fedex/UPS. In this case who exactly was it, @MR. MAGOO? Did you try contacting their dispatch directly or was that information even provided?

Not saying yelling at a CS agent is a great way to go but sometimes with these large companies that really don't care to have very good service it can get pretty frustrating (and Amazon's has declined quite a bit over the last several years afaic). Hopefully the poor schmuck passes the frustration on. I've asked several customer service agents in such firms to do that for me on occasion....

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I understand, but as already said, it's probably the delivery service. My county has a compass heading style numbering system such a N69 W6969 Street Name. For some reason, maps and GPS including Google can't figure it out. Put in jus the street name, no problem and they'll take you right there. Add in the numbers and crap...nope. Could be an issue with your address since they are using more and more non-UPS/non-post office delivery which are basically an individual with their own vehicle like Uber and Lyft.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Around here, I see many of the "Tall, skinny, mini-transit vans" (Mercedes Sprinter) driving around making deliveries with the Amazon smile logo on the side:

This Amazon "stock photo" indicates that they like to drive onto your back lawn to provide a special sense of "local" service!o_O

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/amazon-orders-20000-mercedes-vans-bolster-delivery-program
I think it was an amazon drone that dropped the van off... I don't see any tire marks or ruts. Maybe the drone comes back to take the van to the next location?! ;)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think it was an amazon drone that dropped the van off... I don't see any tire marks or ruts. Maybe the drone comes back to take the van to the next location?! ;)
That looks like artificial turf, which is oddly popular in California.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Two worst things I've had to deal with:
In college, I took a pick-up gig helping the Red Cross call for a blood drive... Not once... not twice... but thrice did I call a previous donor's household: WHO HAD BEEN DEAD FOR MULTIPLE PREVIOUS BLOOD DRIVES, and RC never fixed the call sheet! Never have I been made to feel so low and heinous in my life as asking for the continued suport IN BLOOD of a dead person 'cos RC couldn't/wouldn't clear their call lists.

I also had a temp job back in '02 in SF entering denial of coverage letters for Delta Dental. Thank F'n Cat I didn't have to answer the phones, but every one of those letters I entered killed me a little every day for a month.

Its not the reps fault! They are just a human being doing a job... probably no different than you at some point in your life.

Please respect your fellow humans: we are all on this ride together!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
With the water and maintenance requirements, maybe not so odd. Is it fireproof as well?
I have no idea. An in-law had a rather extensive installation of it in the Bay Area, and when I mentioned that I thought it was odd over lunch at work one day, I heard that it was popular due to many NoCal suburban lawn requirements and the conflict with saving water during the drought. I agree, probably not so odd, but runs counter to my logic anyway.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
AFAIK in some of the larger cities Amazon has its own contractor for delivery rather than using usual delivery services like Fedex/UPS. In this case who exactly was it, @MR. MAGOO? Did you try contacting their dispatch directly or was that information even provided?

Not saying yelling at a CS agent is a great way to go but sometimes with these large companies that really don't care to have very good service it can get pretty frustrating (and Amazon's has declined quite a bit over the last several years afaic). Hopefully the poor schmuck passes the frustration on. I've asked several customer service agents in such firms to do that for me on occasion....
Guess I didn’t realize they had their own delivery/contracted delivery svc. Seems like a good idea?

I agree it is definitely frustrating dealing with large companies. Especially when it seems like they don’t give a damn. Pretty sure most don’t lol. What fries my a$$ is when I call a CS agent, and they answer the phone in an accent that tells me their first name has about 14 syllables, and they say, “hello, my name is Steven”. YeH right, “steven”. Thanks Mr big shot company for the language and culture barrier, with poor connections that make it even HARDER to understand “Steven”. Just so you can keep fuel in the private jet. Fukk that. Something that I pass on to CS agents(or their bosses, when I get an English speaking, well spoken one in the USA) is how much I truly appreciate them, and how thankful am for employing someone here, that I can understand, and can understand me.

I do think it sucks Mr magoo had to wait. It just seems like yelling at my cat because I saw on the news that a dog bit a kid is misguided in the same way as yelling at a CS agent because they can’t find me.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Guess I didn’t realize they had their own delivery/contracted delivery svc. Seems like a good idea?

I agree it is definitely frustrating dealing with large companies. Especially when it seems like they don’t give a damn. Pretty sure most don’t lol. What fries my a$$ is when I call a CS agent, and they answer the phone in an accent that tells me their first name has about 14 syllables, and they say, “hello, my name is Steven”. YeH right, “steven”. Thanks Mr big shot company for the language and culture barrier, with poor connections that make it even HARDER to understand “Steven”. Just so you can keep fuel in the private jet. Fukk that. Something that I pass on to CS agents(or their bosses, when I get an English speaking, well spoken one in the USA) is how much I truly appreciate them, and how thankful am for employing someone here, that I can understand, and can understand me.

I do think it sucks Mr magoo had to wait. It just seems like yelling at my cat because I saw on the news that a dog bit a kid is misguided in the same way as yelling at a CS agent because they can’t find me.
I’m trying to be the shepherd but I’m the wolf...

LOL. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis